Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryan Cranston Interview on Fast Company (Breaking Bad)

Spaceman Spiff

Very interesting interview. A peek inside the mechanics of making Breaking Bad. Thanks for posting.  The examples he gives about the scutiny given to small details of show continuity is very impressive.

This last half season should be quite a ride.

• 2 weeks later...

About two months ago I started Breaking Bad on Netlfix and was blown away. It has got to be one of the best television series I've ever seen. I hope AMC does re-runs of the first half the current season so I can catch up. 

About two months ago I started Breaking Bad on Netlfix and was blown away. It has got to be one of the best television series I've ever seen. I hope AMC does re-runs of the first half the current season so I can catch up. 

It's been away so long, I figure they'll have to re-run some of the series in the lead up to the final half season to refresh people's memories.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest: while I understand that it's just a quick tribute to the original speech, and it's not his character he's trying to portray, I think the Samuel L. Jackson version of the "I am the one who knocks" monologue is not very good at all.  Just seems like a lot of overacting versus how calculated and cold Cranston was in the original version.

Speaking of Cranston, he just did an AMA on Reddit, and this is a round-up of his best answers:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/06/the-best-of-bryan-cranstons-reddit-ama/

Also - fun fact that I read recently: Matthew Broderick and John Cusack were originally considered for the role of Walter White.  Broderick I just don't see working, but Cusack could have been interesting.

Archived