Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hats off to the Draft team, Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen 2013

SWFLSkins

Starting back when they were hired they decided to change the culture of the Redskins through frugal and wise FA acquisitions and astute drafting. I say they have achieved that. They have made the team competitive and relevant.

Just last year there was talk of firing Shanahan and starting over, however last year's draft and conservative FA approach while enduring a cap hit all while winning the NFCE deserves praise, this is the praise our FO thread. LL, TK and others said we needed patience and understood this was a process, however the team has changed spots virtually before our eyes. Much faster than we had hoped or thought possible.

I say great job Men, thanks from this Redskins fan who wondered if he would see his team rally to become relevant again. The last two drafts, the approach, the feel of the team is evidence that yes you are competent in your task, hats off! HTTR!:beavisnbutthead:

Well, we haven't seen anyone play yet, but you certainly don't get the sense that we did anything silly like the three WRs in the second while missing on DeSean Jackson. Initial impressions look terrific! I hope the majority pan out as well as we hope. I also hope we pick up an OT, OG and ILB in FA who can contribute.

Based on the immediate production the Redskins 2012 draft was one of the best drafts in history. RG3 had one of the best rookie seasons ever, Morris ran for the third most yards of any rookie in NFL history, and Cousins contributed right away. I believe those three players won twelve of the seventeen rookie of the week awards last year.

Kirk Cousins was the one that got the most heat and that seems like it's working out well at the moment. What round would Kirk have gone in this draft if the other teams knew what they know now.

Even without hindsight, Cousins would have been the first QB off the board.

year 1- install the 3-4 defense, take out the trash......check

year 2- build the front 7, build the support system for the QB......check

year 3- get the QB......check

year 4- rebuild secondary

......check

Win the Super Bowl..........

Completely, 100% agreed. Four drafts in, and I don't think there's been a :wtf: pick yet.

Yes there was..... Kirk Cousins......but he was right so I guesss that doesn't count. :)

I think this to be the best draft we have had under this regime, if not ever. We have had a single better draft pick, aka RG111, Darrell Green, Sean Taylor, etc; but this entire draft was great......This draft gets an A.

Archived