Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Like, Ohmigod! Sorority email hilarity

Spaceman Spiff

Frat and sorority people were the most incredible douchebags, aholes and just plain unbelievablely ugly people I had ever met.

You went to the wrong school. That is a very broad statement.

Tons of wonderful "ladies" where I went to school. The guys were just guys, not haters.

Don't get me wrong I find it hilarious that people (after college) talk about being in this frat or another...mostly makes you a follower who has built up some confidence because your brothers back you.

Frat and sorority people were the most incredible douchebags, aholes and just plain unbelievablely ugly people I had ever met.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them. I'm not in a frat, but from my interaction with both frat and sorority guys and girls, they're just like everyone else. Sure, you have a few jerks, but most of them are cool if you get to know them.

Mom and Dad must be so proud of their little princess. That's the kind of hidden psycho crap to appears the day after her wedding.

I sort of disagree. I see it more akin to a halftime speech a coach gives their team that is getting whooped on. It was meant for the the members of her sorority and sorority alone. None of us know the proper context of that email and I know I've had *speeches* from coaches that weren't PC at all but I would never let them leave the locker room or team circle. The awkward boner that has no social skills beyond alcohol is probably the one who got butt hurt and released the email. Shows that girl is right, her team is weak :ols:. If anyone has ever been to a youth soccer game (the house league Cub division in NoVa for 5-6 years) it sounds like she has a team full of clover pickers and girls that dribble in the wrong direction. Hilarious email though and yeah she could probably tone it down a little.... or a lot but everyone makes mistakes in the heat of the moment.

One of my favorite phrases from a coach trying to fire us up at halftime "I WANT YOU TO GO THEIR HOUSES, BURN THEM DOWN AND PISS ON THE ASHES *Kicks over trash can*."

I sort of disagree. I see it more akin to a halftime speech a coach gives their team that is getting whooped on. It was meant for the the members of her sorority and sorority alone. None of us know the proper context of that email and I know I've had *speeches* from coaches that weren't PC at all but I would never let them leave the locker room or team circle. The awkward boner that has no social skills beyond alcohol is probably the one who got butt hurt and released the email. Shows that girl is right, her team is weak :ols:. If anyone has ever been to a youth soccer game (the house league Cub division in NoVa for 5-6 years) it sounds like she has a team full of clover pickers and girls that dribble in the wrong direction. Hilarious email though and yeah she could probably tone it down a little.... or a lot but everyone makes mistakes in the heat of the moment.

If you think in any way this email was appropriate or even acceptable, I'm speechless. :ols:

This is one of the most trashiest and shallowest pieces of written crap I've seen in a long time. This email says a lot about her character, none of which is good. This is definitely the type of thing that reinforces the stereotype of the idiocy of "Greek" life so many people already perceive it to be.

While I know some good people (as well as had a couple relatives who were involved in Greek life), I'm more with USS Redskins on this subject: I think people drawn to this type of stuff have an underlying insecurity about themselves and feel the need to be accepted as a member of a group to be comfortable in life. This is more my perspective on sororities than frats, though. Frats are ridiculous in their own right, but it's a different type of psychology I see in the "sorority" ladies that makes me roll my eyes. Evidently I'm a judgmental snob, but I would never, ever pay some cliquey ****es to be a member of their "group." Nor would I ever be told by those girls that I had to participate in humiliating crap during rush week and if I was "lucky enough" to be accepted, had my social life dictated to me by them. Shoot me, please.

If you think in any way this email was appropriate or even acceptable, I'm speechless. :ols:

This is one of the most trashiest and shallowest pieces of written crap I've seen in a long time. This email says a lot about her character, none of which is good. This is definitely the type of thing that reinforces the stereotype of the idiocy of "Greek" life so many people already perceive it to be.

While I know some good people (as well as had a couple relatives who were involved in Greek life), I'm more with USS Redskins on this subject: I think people drawn to this type of stuff have an underlying insecurity about themselves and feel the need to be accepted as a member of a group to be comfortable in life. This is more my perspective on sororities than frats, though. Frats are ridiculous in their own right, but it's a different type of psychology I see in the "sorority" ladies that makes me roll my eyes. Evidently I'm a judgmental snob, but I would never, ever pay some cliquey ****es to be a member of their "group." Nor would I ever be told by those girls that I had to participate in humiliating crap during rush week and if I was "lucky enough" to be accepted, had my social life dictated to me by them. Shoot me, please.

No not appropriate at all just like Williams speech about taking people's heads off and going for knees was inappropriate. These things were meant for the group of people they were addressing though not the entire world. Was just saying I thought it was an email that shouldn't have gone viral and handled in house. I too thought Greek life was silly and this is the type of stuff i didnt care to participate in but to each their own. Plus at JMU there were tons of other people there and things to do so not dealing with Greek row was easy other than forest hills block party opening weekend. Also agree with you that this scenario matches my admittedly stereotypical and shallow view of Greek life as I know there are frats/sororities with people like you and I in them yet I view them as nothing more than popularity contests and a bunch of RA-RA fake BS. Also while I said I thought it was like a half time speech meant to fire up a team getting their tails whipped.... With a person like this being the captain it's no wonder they have no leadership and are in this situation.

Archived