Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

32 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'd actually take it as maybe a chance for a positive reboot with a new staff, new [players,  and a new identity for the franchise other than "perennial incompetent loser"

Same old owner.

21 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

About time. Can not wait to find out my new team name. Hope the fight song still works.

This is why I’ve been a huge fan of Washington Redtails:

1) it lets the team keep the fight song (with some changes) and colors

2) there’s literally no pro sports franchise that honors African American history in the us

3) DC plays a special part in African American history (it was the southernmost safe haven for slaves seeking freedom, so much that DC ceded Arlington County back to Virginia in the 1840s to force runaway slaves to have to cross the Potomac as one last obstacle to safety)

I know it’s a bit wonky because the Red Tails themselves had no affiliation with the DC metro area, but it’s magnitudes better than naming a team the Utah Jazz.

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

shhhh...there may be schemes afoot that even involve a human changing some of their habitual problem behaviors significantly (i can dream)

Jack Nicholson will be playing the part of Dan Snyder in the movie adaption.

https://michellegoutziers.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/cover-1.jpg

7 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

picture of uniforms

Serious reply here:

The helmet logo is worse obviously

The grey uniform looks like ass.

We don't need a name change to make uniform changes, teams do that constantly anyway.

Well, probably a game changer for me.

I’m not a DC native and Football has become more and more unattractive over the past decade.

I have defended the notion that most Native Americans do not find offensive but certainly not worth the fight.

The team itself, which like you’re not does include the name, held such a deep part of my life. There are times for goodbye.

Archived