Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Typical attempts at bullying to discredit someone's views on an issue.  Par for the course in a Redskins forum.

A logical human being with an objective mind understands that this issue, at worst, can be perceived as a racial epithet.

22% of less than 2% of our country are living on Indian reservations that are described as having 3rd world conditions.

Yeah I'd say they are indifferent since they are starving and oppressed.  Their moral compass is pointing in a different direction because they have bigger problems than a sports teams name so that gives the real bigots the fuel they need to cite numbers that show a change isn't in order.

Dumb people gonna dumb.

Typical attempts at bullying to discredit someone's views on an issue.  Par for the course in a Redskins forum.

A logical human being with an objective mind understands that this issue, at worst, can be perceived as a racial epithet.

22% of less than 2% of our country are living on Indian reservations that are described as having 3rd world conditions.

Yeah I'd say they are indifferent since they are starving and oppressed.  Their moral compass is pointing in a different direction because they have bigger problems than a sports teams name so that gives the real bigots the fuel they need to cite numbers that show a change isn't in order.

Dumb people gonna dumb.

Was this your failed attempt at saying "Whoops, my bad"? lol...

any word on what UnWise Mike is thinking now? I mean, his old, left leaning newspaper does their own poll about his pet issue, and it doesn't go as expected .

hes either smashing his head against his padded wall, or furiously coming up with excuses for why the survey is flawed.

Weren't you the douche canoe calling out my wife in the ****ing cooking thread the other day?

:lol:

This is where I was at.  I was floored and it's turned a lot of heads on twitter from the usual suspects.

The WaPo did this.  Not the team.

That should be a five star lock to move on.

that post is actually from January- it was another article about the name.

cant believe its happened twice in just a few months.

telling, though, certainly.

Not at all.  I think the name should be changed and have given plenty of reasoning as to why.

The fact that you aren't smart enough to absorb it isn't my fault.

You must not know me very well lol...

Just a tip: condescension doesn't work on me, at all.

Another tip: I suspect that, like myself, nobody on here is actually trying to convince you of anything when they respond to you. What we are doing is letting casual readers of this thread understand that we don't suffer fools lightly. We also are letting those same readers see the fact-based reality to your unsubstantiated claims concerning the topic. It's for the benefit of others, not for you.

So I smile when I read your last few posts...because they help underscore the point the rest of us were making. You do us a great service by reacting the way you do.

The most compelling argument I have thought of against the name (and it's my own) is that Native Americans are not a homogeneous group which is why so many Native Americans when polled find it non offensive. For some, the name carries no negative history, but actually pride, respect and honor. In that same vein, there may also be groups within the diaspora of Native American peoples that have faced adversity based on the name.

The question then becomes not is the term Redskin offensive to Native Americans, but do any Native American nations find the term offensive? Mind you, that hasn't been answered yet positively yet either. Right now, all the scientific data resides on the pro name side and the anti-name data is all anecdotal and based on often disputed historical research. 

Ultimately though, it comes down to this... Is the name being used offensively and are people within that universe taking offense to it to such a degree that it should be changed. The data says "no" You yourself agree that most in Native American communities don't care about it. Conversely, we could examine to what degree there is a positive impact by having a Native American themed team in the NFL. Does it engender pride and support amongst the different nations. If so, this argument against the name is wrong headed in two respects.

It's not about bullying or stubbornness. It's about truth.

Typical attempts at bullying to discredit someone's views on an issue. Par for the course in a Redskins forum.

Dumb people gonna dumb.

Maybe this isn't the island for you & we're ok with that. :)

Dumb people gonna dumb.

professor, nobody is arguing the term 'cant' be used as a racial epithet. it can- lots of words can.

the moral compass thing- I'm not sure that term means what you think it means.

it sounds like you are calling people in favor of the name 'bigots', which would be a tactic regressive leftists use to shut down conversation.

professor, nobody is arguing the term 'cant' be used as a racial epithet. it can- lots of words can.

the moral compass thing- I'm not sure that term means what you think it means.

it sounds like you are calling people in favor of the name 'bigots', which would be a tactic regressive leftists use to shut down conversation.

Does it have anything to do with right and wrong?

You must not know me very well lol...

Just a tip: condescension doesn't work on me, at all.

Looks like it's working because you're "lol"ing like a madman.

If you laugh out loud this much in real life then you need to be fit for a straitjacket.

The most compelling argument I have thought of against the name (and it's my own) is that Native Americans are not a homogeneous group which is why so many Native Americans when polled find it non offensive. For some, the name carries no negative history, but actually pride, respect and honor. In that same vein, there may also be groups within the diaspora of Native American peoples that have faced adversity based on the name.

The question then becomes not is the term Redskin offensive to Native Americans, but do any Native American nations find the term offensive? Mind you, that hasn't been answered yet positively yet either. Right now, all the scientific data resides on the pro name side and the anti-name data is all anecdotal and based on often disputed historical research. 

Ultimately though, it comes down to this... Is the name being used offensively and are people within that universe taking offense to it to such a degree that it should be changed. The data says "no" You yourself agree that most in Native American communities don't care about it. Conversely, we could examine to what degree there is a positive impact by having a Native American themed team in the NFL. Does it engender pride and support amongst the different nations. If so, this argument against the name is wrong headed in two respects.

It's not about bullying or stubbornness. It's about truth.

The last part of your statement is certainly the most compelling.  "Is it being used offensively" and I agree that it isn't but that's my personal opinion.

The reason I think it should be changed is because the radical left is going to keep digging and digging until they get their intended result.  I understand how it can be seen and perceived as a racial epithet and I'm all about concentrating on the game.  This conversation could potentially cause focus issues for the team and leadership so I say take it out of the conversation.

And now we enter the fourth and final phase of the meltdown...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You do realize, don't you, that part of the job of being an objective administrator is handling when and where people go on this site lol...

Sense..make some of it.

The last part of your statement is certainly the most compelling. "Is it being used offensively" and I agree that it isn't but that's my personal opinion.

The reason I think it should be changed is because the radical left is going to keep digging and digging until they get their intended result. I understand how it can be seen and perceived as a racial epithet and I'm all about concentrating on the game. This conversation could potentially cause focus issues for the team and leadership so I say take it out of the conversation.

So you're reason now is because of pressure from the name changers, and that it will cause the players to be distracted?!?

Ok first...if the players get distracted by this, then maybe professional sports aren't for them.

Second, you have changed your reason for wanting the name changed like 3 or 4 times now. Do you even know what you want, or is this a multi-personality thing going on here. Perhaps you need to change your name to Cybil

You concentrate on being an objective administrator and let me handle when and where I want to go.

Take the next 5 days to do what has been suggested to you before by other members here, read more, post less. Maybe go watch some Gilligan's Island too so you'll get all the boat jokes. And you should probably go read the Rules here while you're at it, because your first post back from your break will be a "thank you for giving me another chance instead of booting me" post.

Archived