Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Now just reading through the last few pages of the thread ( not at all impressed with ES responses )

Why would any fan be for a name change? All of the PC responses are pure BS . If somehow ol`Danny gets convinced by the liberals to change the name of one of

the top franchises in the world, he knows whats will come. Most, as well as my self would drop the PC agenda QUICK!!!

I gotta say, this whole idea of going with no nickname is actually kinda growing on me. The Washington Professional American Football Club. They can make sweatshirts with D.C. PAFC on it, maybe go with a blank helmet a la the Cleveland Browns.

Nice and non-offensive for everyone to enjoy.

Im not for a change but if somehow the Feds force the team to drop the name then I like Gold Pants' suggestion: Football Club Washungton or FC Washington. Keep the colors but remove the logo.

Maybe we could go full on European Soccer in the stands and start chanting and wave giant banners in the stand.

Yep, if a name and logo change happens, I'm out, along with the vast majority of out of state Redskin fans who have no local ties to the D.C. area. To continue to support them after a logo and name change would be supporting the triumph of whiny, bleeding heart, agenda driven fools. I doubt the door will hit me on the way out because there will be a long line behind me which will keep the door open, unless of course, I am the very last one out, then maybe the door will hit me in the backside.

I disagree completely. I've lived in NC all my life. Been a Redskins fan my entire life. I would be devastated if they change the name, but no way in hell would I stop rooting for the Warriors, or whatever name they become. To me, if you are a fan, you are a fan for life. You don't stop cheering because they stink, or the nickname gets changed.

And I think most out of state fans share that opinion. There's no way I could ever cheer for another team. Are you saying you would then cheer for the Panthers? If so, you are dead to me lol. If I ever were to switch teams because my team changed their name (which I wouldn't), I would root for the Panthers' biggest rival, the Falcons.

Guys....I can't believe that some of the fanbase wants or accepts that a name change is "ok"?

Bang is absolutley spot on in everything he writes! It's so clear from over here that your media has instigated this whole sordid affair, all to the point of the BBC News printing something!

No-one i speak to here thinks the "Redskins" name is a slur. Which means that if we had a team over here called the "Redskins" then everything would be ok! Look, if you ask enough people then someone will find something wrong....

Gets some balls man! :)

P.S Around 8 years ago my local soccer teams owner (am a season ticket holder in an average crowd of 3,000) suggested we change our name. There was uproar and at one point i remember leaving my "wife-to-be" in the stands and running on the pitch in demonstration! :wacko:

A name change is nothing to me. Now change the team location to Virginia or anywhere outside of DC/MD and I'm out. I would become somewhat of a casual fan with rooting interests in the Jaguars. When they move to LA then I'll become a casual NFL fan for life until they bring a team back to the nation's capital.

Funny seeing some people get their panties in a bunch when talking about a name change then turn around and say these guys play a kids game. This is suppose to be a form of entertainment. The NFL is so popular in the US that you guys can't hear how crazy you sound to be groupies of grown ass men wearing tights.

if the redskins are forced to change, every single team with a native american reference better too. 

They'll be next. Trust me--it won't stop here. It'll be the Braves, Chiefs, Indians, every college and HS with a American Indian Mascot. Even the Seminoles who have the right to use that name...granted by the Seminole tribe.

Then comes the PETA crackpots...$20 says they are offended by the animal mascots b/c it encourages "animal fighting for sport" or some cracked out theory.

Like Bang nailed earlier--we are becoming a nation of pussies. You can't play dodgeball because it discriminates against the fat kids. You can't get an 'F' in school because it hurts kids feelings. My mother taught in Mont. Co. Schools for 20+ years--she couldn't give a kid below a 50 in a test because it hurts their self-esteem. Utter bullcrap. Ok...rant over.

The comparison to the word 'colored' is disingenuous--just about every black person would be offended by that. Approx. 10% of AIs are offended by Redskins. 15% of the nation are offended. There certainly would be more than 9 people at a rally if they were named the Washington Coloreds. God I hate this crap!

You can't play dodgeball because it discriminates against the fat kids.

For real? I was a fat kid all my life and I loved, and still love, to play dodgeball. That sucks.

All I want for someone to show me a recent example (let's say 20 years to be fair) of somebody using the word Redskin(s) used in a way that disrespected Native Americans.

I have NEVER heard Redskins used in an offensive manner that didn't have something to do with the football team.

For real? I was a fat kid all my life and I loved, and still love, to play dodgeball. That sucks.

All I want for someone to show me a recent example (let's say 20 years to be fair) of somebody using the word Redskin(s) used in a way that disrespected Native Americans.

I have NEVER heard Redskins used in an offensive manner that didn't have something to do with the football team.

I would say that the Redskins play the last 20 years has been mostly disrespectful of Native Americans.

;)

ps I thought dodgeball was mostly eliminated because it was a senseless liability issue for schools.

I would say that the Redskins play the last 20 years has been mostly disrespectful of Native Americans.

;)

ps I thought dodgeball was mostly eliminated because it was a senseless liability issue for schools.

A little off topic but New Hampshire banned it b/c of "bullying concerns." : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/school-dodgeball-ban-windham-new-hampshire_n_2973792.html

Here is more crap: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/06/us/increasingly-schools-move-to-restrict-dodgeball.html

I disagree completely. I've lived in NC all my life. Been a Redskins fan my entire life. I would be devastated if they change the name, but no way in hell would I stop rooting for the Warriors, or whatever name they become. To me, if you are a fan, you are a fan for life. You don't stop cheering because they stink, or the nickname gets changed.

And I think most out of state fans share that opinion. There's no way I could ever cheer for another team. Are you saying you would then cheer for the Panthers? If so, you are dead to me lol. If I ever were to switch teams because my team changed their name (which I wouldn't), I would root for the Panthers' biggest rival, the Falcons.

Have fun rooting for the Warriors and whatever logo they have.  It won't be the Redskins to me.  They will feel more like another expansion team.

I agree with war paint. Some people may be ok with our heritage, history, and our logo ripped from us. If for some reason Danny rolls over and changes our team name or logo, the NFL would never get a dime from me. My football watching will move from Sundays to Friday at a local high school.

Yep, this league has already ticked me off with some of their antics over the years.  Changing the name and logo would be the final straw.  I will simply get my football fix from college and high school football instead.

Archived