Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

What a mess by this PR and Marketing team. This has the stink of Larry Michael and Tony Wylie all over it. You want Vinny style incompetence in your front office and forward facing "voice of the team". Keep these guys around.

Feels like they are planted there just to help the name change movement succeed. When/If it happens, look back to days like this and remember. 

Bliz,

That's a very dishonest encapsulation of the Redskins' argument made worse when you know you're in a thread where people are following the issue closely.

If you haven't yet read Bruce Allen's rebuttal to the Senators' letter. You can disagree with him or his conclusions, but at least be fair.

nononono...that was not me encapsulating the Redskins argument.  I was talking about how the media typically reports our side of the story, and why I disagreed with War Paint, pointing out that even though Harry Reid is polarizing, Fox was repeating what he said, and not giving us any platform

I was responding to his one liner statement of Snyder's/the Redskins' position. The part after "What they say defending the name"

That was a direct quote from the article that I linked, and the only one that was support for our side.  The "they" here is not the Redskins, it's the media.   What the media says, in the articles, when giving our side of the argument.  Many of our best rebuttals are simply not reported (thanks Spearfeather, for the article from 2 days later.  I had not seen that one.  THough it's maybe an outlier from what I have seen, it certainly took some of the wind out of my point).

Man, the a Redskins had the upper hand in the name debate. Bruce Allen put out the good letter and you would think it would be over. But they just had to go on twitter and use one of the dumbest, corniest hashtags I have ever seen. And of course people just took it and ran with it. lol I can't believe it...

Some of the tweets are hysterical.

Abe Forman-Greenwald @FilmingDocs 11m

Dear @redskins, a bunch of white people just came and took over your hashtag and decided it was theirs. How does that feel? #RedskinsPride

Andrew Beaujon @abeaujon 2 hrs

>@redskins @SenatorReid To me the team also means a small man who sues publications over articles he hasn’t read #RedskinsPride

Paul (sometimes) @obey_little 3 hrs

#RedskinsPride @SenatorReid Bruce Allen sent an email with this stupid hashtag asking me to contact you You're right. Keep the pressure on.

Now I'm wondering if our high priced PR men are being overruled by ownership. It doesn't seem natural for former presidential advisors to suggest breathing life back into this controversy; just as the story has fallen from the headlines. Now it's right back up there for another 24 hours. Guys like Frank Lunz are too smart to go down that road again, so soon. This reeks of the Ashburn way.

For me this comes down to one thing. This is a distraction for the team, from top to bottom. Distractions don't help a team win. The players aren't going to rally because of a name change controversy, that's not their problem, nor should it be. They are on the team to focus on the game itself. Get rid of the distraction so this franchise can focus on what is important, winning. I care way more about winning than I do a name and a mascot, the Wizards proved that for me this year.

For me this comes down to one thing. This is a distraction for the team, from top to bottom. Distractions don't help a team win. The players aren't going to rally because of a name change controversy, that's not their problem, nor should it be. They are on the team to focus on the game itself. Get rid of the distraction so this franchise can focus on what is important, winning. I care way more about winning than I do a name and a mascot, the Wizards proved that for me this year.

What happens when the players start resenting the name?

Daniel Pearson @JawlineDanny Follow

Steve Spurrier didn't know half the names of his defensive players. #RedskinsPride

Scott Keyes @smkeyes Follow

I'm glad I'm a fan of the Bengals, an incompetent but racism-free football team. #RedskinsPride

Josef Stylin @_Hozay Follow

Anybody have a Pat Ramsey rookie jersey? RT @Redskins Tweet @SenatorReid to show your #RedskinsPride & tell him what the team means to you

I'm embarrassed at this point.

It's beyond embarrassing at this point.

Speaking for myself, I never was part of the "It isn't offensive" crowd. My whole thing was that if there are NA's out there  who felt that way, then they should be the dominant voice. Changing the name never would have bothered me. The reasoning/process would have.

Meanwhile you have a clown staff putting their foot in their ****ing mouth at every opportunity they get, when every time, they have a chance to change some opinions. This is the last straw.

The name needs to go.... now. They just jumped in their own coffin and handed out nails and hammers. ****ing stupid, stupid team.

Sounds like it's the opposite on Twitter

Yup, they got ****y with the RedskinsPride hashtag. Reid was actually getting most of the flak on social media for looking like a bully with his letter, but now the Skins opened themselves up this latest stunt. They should have taken the high road and let the whole thing blow over.

It's beyond embarrassing for at this point.

Speaking for myself, I never was part of the "It isn't offensive" crowd. My whole thing was that if there are NA's out there who felt that way, then they should be the dominant voice. Changing the name never would have bothered. The reasoning/process would have.

Meanwhile you have a clown staff putting their foot in their ****ing mouth at every opportunity they get, when ever time, they have a chance to change some opinions. This is the last straw.

The name needs to go.... now. They just jumped in their own coffin and handed out nails and hammers. ****ing stupid, stupid team.

The name describes the color of a group of peoples skin. Case closed.

Archived