Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

2 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

....... We just want to break with the racist part not our full history.

We did that when Marshall's statue' name honors' etc were removed. That was the only racist part. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

We did that when Marshall's statue' name honors' etc were removed. That was the only racist part. 

I try to keep my personal opinion out of it 😂

--------

I must say some people really trigger me. Like Florio putting out at a Sunday that "teams that play us haven't changed the name and logo". What's your problem bro? Do we now need to force that website guy of the Steelers to work on Sunday to change the name of there opponent? The dude can just do that Monday at the office. The person is allowed to have free time. It's not a matter of life and death. Yeeeeez

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Hell, it might be like three wishes and I only got one left. If so...Snyder gone? **** that...

Whoever is listening: please have Gal Gadot contact me asap about--well, you get the idea. Thanks. 👍

I'll give her an hour lol...

b4610d92.jpg

• Haha 2

Fans in this very thread complaining about the people who accuse that many just want to be able to keep using the old name, while simultaneously proving those peoples' fears correct by celebrating the fact that a year without a new mascot is another year they can easily keep using the old name (which they insist they may never stop using)...I mean, you can't make it up. People really have a talent for talking out both sides of their mouth. 

Damn that's a run-on sentence. Oh well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Fans in this very thread complaining about the people who accuse that many just want to be able to keep using the old name, while simultaneously proving those peoples' fears correct by celebrating the fact that a year without a new mascot is another year they can easily keep using the old name (which they insist they may never stop using)...I mean, you can't make it up. People really have a talent for talking out both sides of their mouth. 

If there's a point hidden here somewhere I sure can't find it lol. I don't know what you're trying to say here but I typically agree with most of your posts, so I wholeheartedly agree. 

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If there's a point hidden here somewhere I sure can't find it lol. I don't know what you're trying to say here but I typically agree with most of your posts, so I wholeheartedly agree. 

That sentence was a mess, let me try to clarify lol. Some of the same people bristling at outsiders accusing us of wanting to just keep using the old name as long as possible--are the same people openly celebrating being able to keep using the old name as long as possible (possibly forever).

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeaaaaaah,.......you might want to edit this.

14 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I try to keep my personal opinion out of it 😂

--------

I must say some people really trigger me. Like Florio putting out at a Sunday that "teams that play us haven't changed the name and logo". What's your problem bro? Do we now need to force that website guy of the Steelers to work on Sunday to change the name of there opponent? The dude can just do that Monday at the office. The person is allowed to have free time. It's not a matter of life and death. Yeeeeez

Right? Stuff like that grinds my gears. I’d like to see Florio switch from being a “fantasy researcher” to working on something real that requires planning, time, and effort. Stop being so demanding and take a second to be grateful your power stays on, you have clean water to drink, and you can hop in your car to drive down the road for a burger at 2 AM. Someone, somewhere, is spending their time to bring all of that to you.

Geez I’m starting to sound old. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That sentence was a mess, let me try to clarify lol. Some of the same people bristling at outsiders accusing us of wanting to just keep using the old name as long as possible--are the same people openly celebrating being able to keep using the old name as long as possible (possibly forever).

Still doesn't make much sense.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I, for one, think we should change the name, and I think it’s the right time and I’m totally fine with it.

But I also don’t know why I have to be vilified because I’m wearing my Sean Taylor jersey to a game or a bar. I feel like outsiders aren’t really empathizing with us as fans and our connection to the history of the team and it’s players.

21 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I see where you're coming from now. I typically see stuff like that when people don't feel as strongly about something so it's easy to kind of sway around a bit. Or maybe they just don't like outsiders putting a magnifying glass on our problem, who knows lol. 

Edit: For example, I side for the name change. One, it's not "MY" team, if people out there are offended by it, even 10%, then a name change should be done because it's just a sports nickname. It's a great connection to my father (who will no longer be rooting for the team) who lives on the other side of the country, but that's a selfish reason for wanting to keep the name. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

Oh boy... that font. It's up close and personal lol 

26 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I, for one, think we should change the name, and I think it’s the right time and I’m totally fine with it.

But I also don’t know why I have to be vilified because I’m wearing my Sean Taylor jersey to a game or a bar. I feel like outsiders aren’t really empathizing with us as fans and our connection to the history of the team and it’s players.

Because its insignificant next to people that feel impact of the words displayed across that jersey.

21 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Cannot make it any more accessible than that without consulting Jumbo, sorry. I think it's pretty plain now. 

It sounds like you're saying that you don't understand why some people would be reluctant to allow others to dictate their speech.

Asking for the team to not be named the Washington Redskins any more is something.

Asking the fans to not refer to them as the " Redskins " anymore is something more.

• Like 2

Something that bugged me a lot that I read recently, was Bruce Allen having to give a PowerPoint presentation to the players on how to defend the name. The fact that they felt they had to do this speaks a lot about the kind of distraction this had become for the team.  No other team in the NFL has to deal with that kind of crap.  Winning in the NFL is hard enough without having to deal with dumb questions about the name of the team.

I want our team concerned with one thing and one thing only.  WINNING 

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Cannot make it any more accessible than that without consulting Jumbo, sorry. I think it's pretty plain now. 

The post immediately below yours helped me understand what you were alluding too. I for one was always opposed to changing the name, am fairly satisfied with going with no name as imo it means they are still the Redskins and have no problem that it didn't satisfy the woke cultural revolutionaries.  

8 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

It sounds like you're saying that you don't understand why some people would be reluctant to allow others to dictate their speech.

Asking for the team to not be named the Washington Redskins any more is something.

Asking the fans to not refer to them as the " Redskins " anymore is something more.

It's really not.

I also want to stress again, for me believing there was something wrong with the name “Redskins“ and understanding that the time had come for it to go are not the same thing.

I still don’t think there is anything wrong with the term, or anything wrong with the “uneducated” Native Americans who supported the name.  

I feel for them most of all.  

58 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Except the name is not being used.  It's gone.  Native American imagery is gone.  Demanding anything more is an overreach. 

I remember going back and forth in the very thread, and what I was told is "It's just the nickname, it's not that important, literally everything else is the same, it's fine."  Now, with the name and logo history, it's still not enough.  Some people might find it more palatable to stick with the more generic and completely unoffensive name (which is never going to actually happen, btw, you'll get your precious Wolves sooner rather than later), but no, somehow that's completely unacceptable.

Edited by Bifflog
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic