Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Except you’re missing one giant thing. The team colors are the same. Sure, there’s no redskin on the helmet, there’s no feather, whatever.

This whole thing is a dog whistle to allow people (die hards) to continue to refer to the team as The Redskins and wear Redskins gear to games and continue that great redskins pride that comes with loving a loser franchise.

I mean shame on us for being fond of the football team we’ve rooted for our entire lives right? God forbid we actually love the team, name, logo, and colors because our favorite players wore them on Sundays and it had nothing to do with politics or race or anything like that. We would forget about all of the things that divide us and focus our hate on the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles. But damn us fans for doing any of that, because we might actually wear our Redskins gear and root for the Washington Football Team. How dare us. 

• Like 1

Whatever, this whole argument is kinda dumb anyhow. The team, to the fans, is the Redskins. It’s going to be the Redskins. Unless there is a 100% complete rebrand with a new color scheme, it will always be the Redskins.

Why even bother changing the name. It’s not like we care what those Indians think anyhow, right?

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Exactly the same color schemes, themes, and motifs. We need to change.

Flag of the United States - Flag of the USA - Flag of America ...

Stars & Bars flag, First Confederate flag from Flags Unlimited ...

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Why even bother changing the name. It’s not like we care what those Indians think anyhow, right?

Because of the sponsors. That was the only way it was ever going to change. That's the only way any team, any company, any one was going to make that change: money.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Hell, they basically punted, and people are still complaining about the color of the number on the helmet, the look is t unique, blah blah blah.  

When have you known football fans to be pleased by punting?  Of course people are complaining.  

• Haha 1

It's not unreasonable to believe the logistics of rebranding the team in such a short amount of time was unrealistic.

I understand why they took this approach, if you don't then fine but it doesn't mean every person who feels that way is racist, or wants all confederate monuments to stay up or whatever craziness you want to label everyone with.  Its simply unrealistic based on the almost 100% turnover of the front office, an EVP that was hired last week and a virus that's creating a nightmare. 

Let's make a good decision for once and let the fans get involved with picking the name.  The team could use the process to rebuild some good will with the fans.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Except you’re missing one giant thing. The team colors are the same. Sure, there’s no redskin on the helmet, there’s no feather, whatever.

This whole thing is a dog whistle to allow people (die hards - ie the vast majority of Redskins fans) to continue to refer to the team as The Redskins (this also includes majority of all NFL fans) and wear Redskins gear to games and continue that great redskins pride that comes with loving a loser franchise.

Ill add: Going to back to the confederate analogy and how you think that the Chiefs or Braves or Blackhawk or Indians are next. That’s exactly what people of the south argue. What are “they” going to come for after they rename Robert E Lee high school, or Jefferson Davis Highway?

They’ve been indoctrinated into Dixie culture in the same way that we’ve been indoctrinated into Redskins culture. And I see a lot of people here and around that simply aren’t willing to give that up.

Just needed to add a clarification that has been pointed out for years. Yes the woke are upset - ****-em (that is after all what they told the vast majority of Native Americans that liked the name).

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Whatever, this whole argument is kinda dumb anyhow. The team, to the fans, is the Redskins. It’s going to be the Redskins. Unless there is a 100% complete rebrand with a new color scheme, it will always be the Redskins.

Well you didn't care. You forgetting the Washington Post polls?  You cared about the 9% but not the 91%.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It seems like you  don't need to care what they think....you already know what's best for them.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Its simply unrealistic based on the almost 100% turnover of the front office, an EVP that was hired last week and a virus that's creating a nightmare.

Seriously, the people demanding a complete re-brand in a matter of weeks clearly don’t know what goes into doing something creative for a large organization. The new name and logo are going to be with us for the next 50 to 100 years potentially, there’s no need to rush it. It’s not a life or death matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, RansomthePasserby said:

The new name and logo are going to be with us for the next 50 to 100 years potentially, there’s no need to rush it. It’s not a life or death matter.

Ain't no way in hell the sport of football is lasting that long..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
50 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

OMG, take those massive "W" logos out from beneath our avatars please!!! lol....or make them much smaller.

Holy ****, the "W" is gone...first the temporary "no name" decision after I campaigned for it and now the "W" gets removed after I pleaded for it to be removed.

I'm batting .1000 today lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Califan007 said:

Holy ****, the "W" is gone...first the temporary "no name" decision after I campaigned for it and now the "W" gets removed after I pleaded for it to be removed.]

I'm batting .1000 today lol...

Quick, request the NFL to kick Snyder out before your power is gone!!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Quick, request the NFL to kick Snyder out before your power is gone!!

Hell, it might be like three wishes and I only got one left. If so...Snyder gone? **** that...

Whoever is listening: please have Gal Gadot contact me asap about--well, you get the idea. Thanks. 👍

I'll give her an hour lol...

Just now, Califan007 said:

Hell, it might be like three wishes and I only got one left. If so...Snyder gone? **** that...

Whoever is listening: please have Gal Gadot contact me asap about--well, you get the idea. Thanks. 👍

I'll give her an hour lol...

Selfish GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Ain't no way in hell the sport of football is lasting that long..

I agree.  Not the way we know it to be anyhow.  The name change was inevitable and the sport is inevitably going to become less violent also.  We are already seeing this evolution.  

I get the issue that different but still the same. The logo and name are gone but for the rest it's still the same. So it doesn't feel we moved on in a big way. But...

If we picked warriors or Redwolves or whatever. The odds where that it would just be a replacements of logo and name. Slap the new logo on helmet, change Washington on the jersey to [name]. So the people who are now arguing that the colours are the same etc...would have made that same point with a new name. 

They are just negative. Instead of looking from the positive. Name and logo are gone. The proces started for a new name. You now have a full year to lobby for team colours change etc. But I most be honest...

I think new colours are a HUGE step for Dan Snyder. Because if you take away the colours you break with the history. Then there is no connection with the past. We just want to break with the racist part not our full history.

• Like 1
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic