Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)


Recommended Posts

Honestly, if they added another stripe on the sleeve, the stars on the DC flag above it, and yellow on the collar I would be happy with that. Simpler is better sometimes. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

I hope so.  Numbers on the helmets is cool, it's unique.  No one else does that in the NFL.  Everyone else's helmets are symmetrical with the exception of the Bengals off the top of my head and the Steelers.

The Chiefs aren't quite symmetrical either. Think of the "KC" and you'll know what I mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My girlfriend is already calling them the Washers.

I have a really funny joke based on this...but...I'll keep it to myself and just keep laughing hysterically...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we go all in. Make the team name officially The No Names, get rid of the players names on the jerseys (like some prestigious MLB and NCAA teams). Numbers only and the numbers on the helmets. 

D7D871E5-2506-402B-9EB6-E65C5A5CF6F1.png

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

Damn I think those uniforms are clean as hell

 

Well it's the same boring ass combo we've always had. But now with less stripes. 

 

It's literally a nothing uniform. I didn't think our unis could get anymore bleh. But they've done it!

 

Maybe if they go all burgundy for home and all white away it could somewhat work.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Numbers on the helmets is cool, it's unique.  No one else does that in the NFL.

 

Not to burst bubbles, but I believe the Chargers now do it as of this year's redesign.

 

0422_SPO_LDN-L-CHARGERS-1.jpg?w=620&key=

Edited by Warfish
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Painkiller said:

Honestly, this is probably the smart move.  Take your time and get the full rebranding right.  I’m ok with waiting.  

Like I said I'm OK at stopping here. I see Florio is already blowing a gasket because it allows fans to continue to refer to the team as the Redskins.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chargers have a history with the numbers on the helmet, as do at least a couple other teams--but they might have all been AFL teams.

 

I'd be fine if they kept the helmet numbers regardless of the rebranding. It's a classic look and goes against the modern trend of gaudy, tacky redesigns. When your team goes back to 1932, you don't need that.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Xameil said:

can we go anti-Harry Potter and instead of calling us the team that should not be named...just call us Voldemort.

 

 

The Washington Voldemorts does have a ring to it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

@Riggo#44 

 

I hate to be a cynic, but I can see the logic in dragging this out not like he will change it back, but to make sure the new name can sell stuff and not have to rip what he has left off the shelves in few places still selling them.

 

This is what I mean by being straight with us, the more I know the more I can deal with. They have zero credibility right now, so they will continue to get kicked around until they improve their transparency on what they are doing and thinking.

 

They have no credibility at all, youre absolutely right. Due to revenue sharing, I don't think its any money out of Snyder's pocket of the old Redskins stuff doesn't sell. Im not quite sure how that works though. 

 

But I think going slow is the right idea. The Ravens "rushed it" in about 5 mos or so. And we're sitting at the 18-day mark. So, while they deserve no benefit of the doubt, this is the right way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

 

Not to burst bubbles, but I believe the Chargers now do it as of this year's redesign.

 

 

 

Maybe he should have said with "only numbers" on the helmets lol...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

 

Well it's the same boring ass combo we've always had. But now with less stripes. 

 

It's literally a nothing uniform. I didn't think our unis could get anymore bleh. But they've done it!

 

Maybe if they go all burgundy for home and all white away it could somewhat work.


You could not be more wrong.  The Burgundy and Gold is iconic.  
 

We’ve had some of the best unis in all of sports for 50 years running.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

They have no credibility at all, youre absolutely right. Due to revenue sharing, I don't think its any money out of Snyder's pocket of the old Redskins stuff doesn't sell. Im not quite sure how that works though. 

 

But I think going slow is the right idea. The Ravens "rushed it" in about 5 mos or so. And we're sitting at the 18-day mark. So, while they deserve no benefit of the doubt, this is the right way.

 

Stadium has a thread where they saying same thing I'm saying, Snyder had 20+ years to plan for this. He doesnt deserve credit for "not rushing it".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Stadium has a thread where they saying same thing I'm saying, Snyder had 20+ years to plan for this. He doesnt deserve credit for "not rushing it".

 

 

You don't spend 20 years working on a rebranding just as a contingency, though. You would end up wasting 19 of those years and would still be doing the same **** you're doing now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Stadium has a thread where they saying same thing I'm saying, Snyder had 20+ years to plan for this. He doesnt deserve credit for "not rushing it".

 

20+ years? None of us thought this was going to come, ever. I'm not a Snyder apologist, but thats a bit unfair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...