Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Im Indian and Im singing HTTR after every touchdown we score.. looking forward to someone not Indian calling me out on it.... Literally I want that argument to happen. So I can tell them I can speak for myself and love the Redskins and damn proud of it. 

Is it bad that I’m looking forward to that confrontation ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It should only be gold if that becomes our trim color. The numbers on the helmet should match the stripes, face masks, pants, etc. 

I agree...it should all be gold! That's our colors!

@Riggo#44 

I hate to be a cynic, but I can see the logic in dragging this out not like he will change it back, but to make sure the new name can sell stuff and not have to rip what he has left off the shelves in few places still selling them.

This is what I mean by being straight with us, the more I know the more I can deal with. They have zero credibility right now, so they will continue to get kicked around until they improve their transparency on what they are doing and thinking.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:
These are fitting for a multi-billion dollar franchise that acts like a Div-II college program with a tight budget.

Damn I think those uniforms are clean as hell

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Ya think?  - if the team goes with no name people will automatically defer to the old name. Maybe Dan does see the board and saw the Prince post earlier. We are now "The team formerly known as the Redskins."

I'm taking full credit for their decision on the name, dammit lol...I have spoken and it shall be!!

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 4
58 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think we’re far more likely to be called the “No Names” than anything with the word Redskins in it by the media this year.  

They've been calling us the Washington "Football Club", Washington "NFL Team", etc, etc for awhile now. They won't have to change a thing.

Plus, they weren't calling the team that as an insult...for the media it was a matter of principle and "doing what's right" to call the team the "Football Club".

I've said a few times on this thread (or one of the other 47 threads about this lol) that if you **** up a rebranding of an enterprise as valuable as the Redskins, it's gonna cost a fortune to recover from it and will take years to do so. So spending an extra 6 months to make sure you don't **** things up and just using "Football Club/Team/Whatever" for the time being made tons of sense to me...so much so that I'm shocked anyone connected with the Redskins actually decided to do it lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

This name will grow on the fanbase and there will be uproar in 6-9 months when we propose to change it :rofl89:

If there is a season, God forbid the Washington Football Team wins the division lol...we may never change the name again.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If there is a season, God forbid the Washington Football Team wins the division lol...we may never change the name again.

Hopefully this angst is alleviated when yet another prominent players leg blows up in TC

• Sad 2

Yeah people need to slow down. People that hate on this change not beeing a change. 

Look the team got pushed in a abrupt name change (can blame them for not doing it earlier but sure). They acted. They could now fast forward and quick pick a new name. But this name might be the brand for the next decades. If you mess up, you mess up bad. This is not a easy one day pick. It's a multi billion dollar decision. You need to put some proper marking people behind it. Do research with the fans and have a big release moment. With cool trailer. New gear, jerseys etc. Why does anybody think that proces can be done in like 2 weeks? Sorry but from a marketing and business view that makes no sense.

I think we handled at least this part well. We are no longer the Redskins and bought time for a transition period. We can use that time to find a cool new concept and slowly let fan base get used to it. 

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The uniforms are FRESSSSSSH

Yes, they are. They are so clean. I might grab one. It has something special 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Destino said:

He’s one of those Cowboy Laker Yankee fans right?  Love his play on the court, but that the literal worst sportsfan an American can be.  It’s like rooting for oil companies, Amazon, and Walmart.  

Not really an issue since he's stayed loyal to them his whole life so can't really call him a frontrunner. 

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think the helmet numbers should be white to pop more

I think that’s too Alabama. 

They’re already trying to be Alabama.  That’s too on the nose. 

• Haha 1
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic