Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Relax man.

It's been not even a month since they've made the announcement to change the name from Redskins.  And today, it's a placeholder, it's not a definite name.  

So while they've given no indication that fans will be involved in the process, they've also given no indication that the fans WON'T be involved.  It appears we've got a way to go.  So let's see how the process plays out and if fans are considered or not.   

Ya, standing down, may just log off again for a minute.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think the numbers on the helmets will stay with the new logo being incorporated onto the uniform somewhere as above.

I hope so.  Numbers on the helmets is cool, it's unique.  No one else does that in the NFL.  Everyone else's helmets are symmetrical with the exception of the Bengals off the top of my head and the Steelers.

Logo on one side, number on the other?  Might be obnoxious but maybe it can be done.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

As optimistic as I try to be, they bleed almost all of out of me, I'll admit that.

same here, you’re not alone with those emotions :)

recent moves have been mildly encouraging but I still hate that Dan likely slips the net.......again.....

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hope so.  Numbers on the helmets is cool, it's unique.  No one else does that in the NFL.  Everyone else's helmets are symmetrical with the exception of the Bengals off the top of my head and the Steelers.

Logo on one side, number on the other?  Might be obnoxious but maybe it can be done.  

Yeah I was going to post number one side, logo the other side too. We do have a chance to be unique in a positive way for a change.

• Thanks 1

I was kind of hoping they would have brought back this helmet for a season with the whole logo/name thing up in the air. But once again Snyder has dashed any hope.

bb6d7a66d262ecaa1385991c5530763e.jpg.1a117eb7c5696230a16d1f7abda8f5b5.jpg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, httrMP said:

I was kind of hoping they would have brought back this helmet for a season with the whole logo/name thing up in the air. But once again Snyder has dashed any hope.

To be fair, In Snyder's defense, it was NFL that nixed it as the leather was held on by adhesive and might come off.

19 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

There’s a random W for the twitter photo now.... Nationals should sue for copyright.

What about Walgreens? They had it first.

• Like 1

What if they did well this season? I know, I know. 3-13. New coach. Hardly an off-season, no preseason, young team, not enough weapons, not a great O-line. Blah blah blah. But, just a fun hypothetical, let’s say Super Bowl. Then, they’d have to keep this No Name because of the success or it’d be this team that only existed for a single season but would permanently be documented as a sort of future trivia question. 

Ok, so at first I was miffed. Now reading this thread and seeing the unis, sign me up. Let's stay as the Washington FT just as a **** you to the league and crybaby cancel culture. 

Edited by benskins26
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

To be fair, In Snyder's defense, it was NFL that nixed it as the leather was held on by adhesive and might come off.

I thought it was a separate helmet from the regular burgundy helmet and the NFL had a rule about two helmets and that's why they stopped using it (could have sworn that was in an article I read). If it was just a sticker over the current helmet and the NFL was against it, then fine, I can't blame Danny for that. There's still plenty of other things that can be blamed on him.

• Like 1

I kinda doubt there's actually going to be a season, so this might not matter.

I'd rather have the Washington Football Team than the Red Wolves, to be honest. The latter sounds like the name of a Division II team.

11 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Is it going to be number on 1 side of Helmet and just plain Burgundy on the other?. 

Both sides from pictures released. 

9 minutes ago, onedrop said:

the whole thing has me.....well....conflicted.

i like the font though.

I agree with it. It has a modern but strong look. If that's they way we go. I support it. Strong modern look (most teams look out if date anyway).

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If true, that’s perfect . There’s no need to rush the permanent new name.

Have the temp name for 2020. You will then have time to get the right permanent name and secure all the trademarks, etc...

This was my first suggestion for the new name, complete with it being temporary lol...Glad someone with the Redskins is listening to me!

My post:

Posted July 4 (edited)

I say we don't have a new name...just be Washington. Keep the emblem, the colors, everything else intact. Just drop the name. Hell, some in the media have already been puffing out their chests proclaiming they will just say "Washington" anyway, so it should be easy for everyone to be ok with.

If there HAS to be a team name, I suggest the Washington TTFKARs.

(if you're a Prince fan you'll figure it out lol)

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

the typography is not very well done here... not the worst, but at least this should be flawless from a pro football team... even if it is temporary.

image.png.b720342fac5a2a26176522ba36b9a742.png

These are fitting for a multi-billion dollar franchise that acts like a Div-II college program with a tight budget.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 4
39 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

This was my first suggestion for the new name, complete with it being temporary lol...Glad someone with the Redskins is listening to me!

My post:

Posted July 4 (edited)

I say we don't have a new name...just be Washington. Keep the emblem, the colors, everything else intact. Just drop the name. Hell, some in the media have already been puffing out their chests proclaiming they will just say "Washington" anyway, so it should be easy for everyone to be ok with.

If there HAS to be a team name, I suggest the Washington TTFKARs.

(if you're a Prince fan you'll figure it out lol)

A ha, the proverbial jig is up!

This is Undeniable Confirmation of what we all have suspected for many years. You, kind sir, are none other are than Daniel Tiberious Snyder!

If anyone doubts me ask yourself a simple question: Have you ever seen Califan, Larry Bud Melvin, and Dan T. Snyder at the same time and location? 

The clues were right in front of us all along but it took a master of ratiocination, like myself,  to unmask the true alter ego of the man behind the desk. 

image.jpeg.01441ad58c19abd14ccbb8601069558b.jpeg

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 1
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic