Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)


Recommended Posts

We should change the team name to the Washington Rednecks. I started a petition at Change.org to do just that. Please sign on!

 

While now often used as a perjorative by urbanites, the term "redneck" derives from the sunburned skin, especially the back of the neck, that honest, salt-of-the-earth rural laborers, farmers and miners often get from working in the hot sun. Rednecks are "essential workers." They're the men and women who have to take a shower after work, not before. Rednecks come in all colors, genders, religions, ethnic groups and political persuasions. No matter how divided we are, we can all agree that rednecks make America run.

 

The term "redneck" is being reclaimed and celebrated as a term of pride by the millions of blue-collar Americans who form the backbone of the NFL's fan base. The name is a throwback to the league's roots, when teams were often named after local industries like Steel (Pittsburgh Steelers), Meat-packing (Green Bay Packers) and Oil (Houston Oilers). 

 

https://www.change.org/p/daniel-snyder-rename-the-washington-nfl-team-the-washington-rednecks

 

oURWgVtNLPliJpg-800x450-noPad.jpg?1595303515

 

 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

The second  law is that if you do accidentally look at your urinal partner ...


Rule 1a: you should never refer to anyone else using a neighboring urinal at the same time as a urinal partner.  There are no friends or enemies at the urinals. We are each there to care of our personal business individually.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wrilbo67 said:


Rule 1a: you should never refer to anyone else using a neighboring urinal at the same time as a urinal partner.  There are no friends or enemies at the urinals. We are each there to care of our personal business individually.

Rule #2: If there are only 3 urinals, none of them being used and you choose the middle one, you are a psychopath. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:
 

Whoever did that design is I think starting to get close.  

Make the white circle a full moon. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Washington Redneck said:

We should change the team name to the Washington Rednecks. I started a petition at Change.org to do just that. Please sign on!

 

While now often used as a perjorative by urbanites, the term "redneck" derives from the sunburned skin, especially the back of the neck, that honest, salt-of-the-earth rural laborers, farmers and miners often get from working in the hot sun. Rednecks are "essential workers." They're the men and women who have to take a shower after work, not before. Rednecks come in all colors, genders, religions, ethnic groups and political persuasions. No matter how divided we are, we can all agree that rednecks make America run.

 

The term "redneck" is being reclaimed and celebrated as a term of pride by the millions of blue-collar Americans who form the backbone of the NFL's fan base. The name is a throwback to the league's roots, when teams were often named after local industries like Steel (Pittsburgh Steelers), Meat-packing (Green Bay Packers) and Oil (Houston Oilers). 

 

https://www.change.org/p/daniel-snyder-rename-the-washington-nfl-team-the-washington-rednecks

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It just hit me today so I tweeted it. I live within a few hours drive of Arkansas State University so I am familiar with the school. I am also familiar with their mascot and maybe that is why I am so against RedWolves. ASU is a fine Sunbelt Conference School and all but copying their mascot for my unique and beloved NFL franchise is  bad enough. Following  in their footsteps is next level lazy. You see, ASU has only been the RedWolves for 12 years. From 1931-2008 they were:

 

The Indians.

Edited by Learned Hand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some free time so I threw together a mock logo

 

613458295_RedWolvesSM.jpg.e05db62670a19bd2b2ddde25fb80c953.jpg

 

Few design notes: The general shape of the logo is a pentagon, as well as the central feature the nose. I wanted some DC representation and I saw a lot of designs using the Washington Monument and the Capital Building. If I gotta include a DC building, I’m going Pentagon. Not only does it give the logo a connection to DC, it also helps link up the military undertone as well. Win/win right there.

 

I also added in a bunch of W’s. I figure that never hurts.

 

I tried to keep the detail level down to keep it in line with most NFL logos which are usually as simple as possible. I’d say right now it’s in the same ballpark as the Vikings or the Skins current/old logo. It can stand to lose some weight, but I don’t think it an egregious overshoot.

 

Word-art remains the same b/c I’m lazy, as all good Zombies. We are not slow due to lack of athleticism.

 

 

Edited by FootballZombie
smaller image
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody seen the reddit post about web domains and that DC Sentinels is the one claimed the same way other NFL franchises have claimed theirs?

 

If we do become a comic book named franchise. I want: a guy in a red Robocop suit at every game. And I want the team to buy 100 drones to do drone light shows during games. Let us then be team futurists. Why not a floating ufo as stadium. 

 

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos approved

-----

Edit the internet tells me that Sentinel can be used for just any kind of military. Not just crazy robot warriors. 

Edited by wilco_holland
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The post @wilco_holland is talking about. Very interesting. Sentinels has been joked about, but I'd be fine with that too.

 

*Insert Shane Falco joke here*

 

sentinel

 
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

sen·ti·nel

  (sĕn′tə-nəl)
n.
One that keeps guard; a sentry.
tr.v. sen·ti·neled, sen·ti·nel·ing, sen·ti·nels or sen·ti·nelled or sen·ti·nel·ling
1. To watch over as a guard.
2. To provide with a guard.
3. To post as a guard.
Edited by CRobi21
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Three things about the above post

 

1.)   Can anyone double check what this reddit poster is saying? I’m not very tech savvy when it comes to website registration so I certainly can’t. Just looking at the images, this is the kind of thing that can be faked w/ two seconds in Photoshop.

 

2.)   We have heard from a couple of sources that the thing holding up the name announcement is some kind of trademark battle.  If they are going w/ a name that they don’t have to negotiate/fight for, that would make a lot of these reporters off base.

 

3.)   Even if this pans out, I would expect any organization to register multiple names for a new team/product. When it comes to video games, (a world I’m familiar with) companies register multiple domains in the early stages. That way they can do all of their focus testing without worry of missing their chance to lock anything down. That and it gives you a back up option. Just like in a Zombie Apocalypse, you gotta have a back up option.

 

All that being said I have serious doubts we will be DC-anything. The Washington tagline aint going anywhere, so I'm skeptical of a DCSentinals website

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I said a while ago that if it wasn't for that movie, Sentinels would (imo) be a top tier option. Do we wanna make or not make decisions based on 20 year old movie plots? I don't know. Wouldn't really upset me.

 

I agree that dropping "Washington" for "DC" seems unlikely, so this is probably nothing anyways. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If we switch to DC from Washington...at least I don't have to scroll down to the last team in alphabetical lists anymore.

 

 

You'll still have to scroll down to the bottom of the standings though

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Had some free time so I threw together a mock logo

 

613458295_RedWolvesSM.jpg.e05db62670a19bd2b2ddde25fb80c953.jpg

 

Few design notes: The general shape of the logo is a pentagon, as well as the central feature the nose. I wanted some DC representation and I saw a lot of designs using the Washington Monument and the Capital Building. If I gotta include a DC building, I’m going Pentagon. Not only does it give the logo a connection to DC, it also helps link up the military undertone as well. Win/win right there.

 

I also added in a bunch of W’s. I figure that never hurts.

 

I tried to keep the detail level down to keep it in line with most NFL logos which are usually as simple as possible. I’d say right now it’s in the same ballpark as the Vikings or the Skins current/old logo. It can stand to lose some weight, but I don’t think it an egregious overshoot.

 

Word-art remains the same b/c I’m lazy, as all good Zombies. We are not slow due to lack of athleticism.

 

 

 

that looks more like a bobcat or lynx than a wolf. and we wouldnt want to start off by offending any of the canine population........and fwiw, the pentagon is in arlington, virginia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...