Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Was this posted?

I prefer Hog imagery, but this is style is my second choice. Redwolves I am 50/50 on. Burgundy and Gold and I can tolerate RedWolves better. Full rebrand, and I am likely packing it in. I have better stuff to do than follow from 1000 miles away the  Washington Expansion team owned by Dan Snyder. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm fine with Redwolves, so long as we wear non burgundy

The blood wolves works with burgundy.  Or just wolves.  it does seem odd to be the red wolves and then be like “go burgundy and gold!” lol

• Like 2

It's a damn shame the Bucs brought their Dungy/Gruden era uni's back.

That blood red should go good with some true gold, and gold helmets

Something similar to this 

51878227.jpg.0.jpg

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Just keep the same uniforms and just take the logo off the helmet and just go by Washington.  **** it.

This is what I’d prefer to do. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Those stink. They are the exact same uniforms we have now with a new helmet logo lol 

Boooooo GIFs | Tenor

You cheated with 25 men?

Best Not That Theres Anything Wrong With That GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 3

I revised that one concept I posted above a bit:

- 5 stars instead of 3--one for each NFL championship the Skins have so far

- Removed "Club" from one of the logos--just reminds me of those writers who  kept calling the team the Washington "football club" because they didn't want to say 'redskins' and not sure if I'd be cool with having that memory associated with the team moving forward lol...

- Capitol building instead of Washington Monument--the monument looked a little phallic lol, plus DC is the naton's capital so it would be a play on words (kinda)

- Est. 1932 in a different spot on one of them

They look better off the helmet than they do on. But my first choice was always to not have a new name and just go by Washington for at least a year. Kinda force everyone to fill in the blank themselves with "Redskins".

logo1.png

helmet1.png

logo2.png

helmet2.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I revised that one concept I posted above a bit:

I like that a lot. I'd go back to 3 stars though because 1) it matches the DC flag and 2) tying it to trophies means we'd have to update the logo every time we won. Now I know that means the logo is in no danger of being updated for like another 50 years but still, it seems like a bad idea. 

Also, I don't know anyone that cares about championships other than Super Bowls so it's confusing and also kinda meaningless. 

• Like 1

All you have to do is selective-breed wolves that have red tinges and then feed them high protein diets. Make them exercise every day and make it intelligently regimented.  Breed the best with the best.

The Washington Werewolves.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Has anyone polled the wolves to see how they feel about being a mascot?

(sorry I can’t help myself)

Not yet. But penguins are furious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Snyder’s apparently been brainstorming the new name while hiding out on his yacht somewhere in international waters.

The top candidate right now is the “Washington NDAs”.

They’re still workshopping the logo, as the one Snyder wanted was deemed nsfw, but they’ve decided on a new team motto: “Pay ‘em off, feign innocence, threaten to sue and bankrupt anyone considering publishing and deny, deny, deny!”

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 2
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic