Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

since i haven't made any suggestions on this stuff so far, and for those who want a name and imagery to inspire fear/dread, i give you the washington nuns

image.png.9cde49dfe39bfdf54cb0a53b3cf7b217.png

NunBetterYT1-1996H.jpg

Edited by Dissident2

Page 666 and no mark of the beast Team name suggestions?

Slackers.

Washington Red Devils is too easy, and no don't like it, jus making fun.  

Edited by Renegade7

Screw Red Wolves.  If you've got to go with the wolf theme, go full Game of Thrones and go with the Direwolves.  I'm sure GRRM and HBO would be happy to let us use the IP. (That's a joke)

If you want something with "Red" in it, Red Viper would be kindof cool also, and then have your mascot be Oberyn Martell.  Just don't let his head get crushed like a walnut.  

36 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

EDIT: Sonofa...I tried getting this post done before the page number became "666" lol...and now I'm the firsr effin' post on this page!

I worked with a guy once, a coder, who would put his initials on line 666 of all of the code he wrote.

For reasons that I still don't know, I started doing the same thing when I was slinging code.  But that was a long time ago. :P 

• Haha 2

I don’t think we will have a name or a logo till spring... its not like they are going to have a season. Listening to Paul Lucas on 980 earlier today.. theres a lot of stuff that would have to get rushed even before week 1 this year... which I highly doubt even happens 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Even if they pick a name Red Wolves, Warriors, whatever...... would we be ok with them taking their time on a logo and go without one for 2020? Especially since we have no idea if they can really pull off a season.

I don’t know why they need to rush it. Use the throwback “leather helmet” no decal and the throwback jerseys and call it Washington Burgundy and Gold or Washington Football  Club. It’s a no brainer for me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, duffy said:

I agree, of the wolf designs I've seen, these two are among the best. You could easily use both in a rebranding. 

Screenshot_20200714-150154_Instagram.jpg

I'm really digging that R. I love creative stuff like that thrown into a simple design. That would be a nice helmet logo imo. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here's a question...

Let's say they go with Redwolves. Obviously, an "R" logo is perfectly fine. 

But if they go with the two word version "Red Wolves," can we still use an "R" or would it need to be "RW?" 

15 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I don’t know why they need to rush it. Use the throwback “leather helmet” no decal and the throwback jerseys 

I like those unis. 

Edited by duffy
44 minutes ago, clietas said:

Teen Wolf fact. There's a dude that whips out his ding dong during the celebration at the end of the movie.

Otherwise known as an average Tuesday for me. What the problem is?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, duffy said:

Here's a question...

Let's say they go with Redwolves. Obviously, an "R" logo is perfectly fine. 

But if they go with the two word version "Red Wolves," can we still use an "R" or would it need to be "RW?" 

That's...a pretty good question.

Because then HTTR would be Hail (or Howl) To The Red...when our primary color is Burgundy.  Seems awkward.

why does the government even allow trademark squatting?

am I the only one who thinks that you should have to be using it or have no right to it?

rounding up all the possible names for the purpose of blackmail should not be allowed in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Cerrato said that one year, Snyder, his family, and the Washington front office had dinner at the Cowboys' AT&T Stadium, nicknamed "Jerry World," with Jerry Jones and his family. According to Cerrato, after eating dinner in Jones' private suite and getting a tour of the stadium, Snyder was determined to one-up Jones.

"Ever since Jerry built his stadium ... Ever since then: 'I'm gonna have one bigger and better,'" Cerrato said of Snyder's thinking on ESPN's "Golic and Wingo."

"And trust me when I tell you this: Dan will have one bigger and better ... He'll use it as a chip to be able to get that land where RFK [Stadium] was — to change the name. I would bet that it's somewhere involved in there, that the name change is also helping him get the piece of property that he really probably wants."

https://www.insider.com/redskins-name-change-daniel-snyder-bigger-stadium-cowboys-2020-7

Edited by Skinsinparadise
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He'll use it as a chip to be able to get that land where RFK [Stadium] was — to change the name. I would bet that it's somewhere involved in there, that the name change is also helping him get the piece of property that he really probably wants."

Juicy....

Well, I wouldn't put it past a businessman to negotiate that way. 

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I've noticed people saying we'd have to change the "h" in httr to howl, why?

why can't it be hail to the redwolves?

hail just means to cheer, salute or greet.

the term hail could be traumatic to snowflakes :D

what?  :mellow:

you think i'm not gonna go for a cue laying around loose like that? ^_^

• Haha 2
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic