Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

24 minutes ago, -JB- said:

WarHawks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana–Monroe_Warhawks

So while I was looking for WarHawk images, I came across the University of Louisiana-Monroe. Pretty interesting how they have similar colors to the Redskins, maroon and gold. They where originally called the Indians, but were required by the NCAA to change the name, ultimately selecting WarHawks. 

2e09803a31df4350473badbb8c8c0301.png

"The new nickname honors Maj. Gen. Claire Lee Chennault, an LSU alumnus, and his Air Force unit from World War II, which utilized the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk in battle, although the logos primarily use bird imagery" 

• Thanks 1

40 years ago I was a fan..god willing I will be one for another 40, whatever name they choose. #plschooseredwolves

Edit..still laugh at the generic Skins colored jacket my folks got me. I remember my Mom not knowing and tried to put me in a Cowboys jacket and me throwing it (the Boys one) on the ground. 😆

msMnlp6r.jpg

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

40 years ago I was a fan..god willi g ill be one for another 40, whatever name they choose.

Wow. The footballs from 40 years ago certainly look different. Very similar to a futbol. 

• Haha 5
33 minutes ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

Just saw this a little late, but quite honestly you want to single me out...then you can kiss my ass blow hard! I am not kneeling to your PC BS, and your holier than thou judgments of others because "you" don't agree with them!!! Especially for some stupid football blog "supervisor" LOL! So go look in the mirror, pat yourself on the back, and tell yourself how important you are, then send your big time resume to Mark Zuckerberg, he doesn't have enough PC no nothings working for him, attempting to tell everyone what to say and how to act!!   Redskin football moderator  Yeah I will bend over backwards!!! lol Frigg'in joke!!! 

This is one of those rare trifectas that just exude magnificence in its artistic expression of suicide by mod. Truly beautiful. 

Guy first starts with a rule 11 violation by quoting a large section of text, then immediately follows it with a rule 18 violation going directly against a mod directive by posting in this thread in the first place, but wait, that’s not all!  He makes sure the content of the post is filled with rule 5 violations. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294f5b46c82a1f038d38

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

Take this with a massive grain of salt, because I sure am, but someone on the Washington subreddit claims a source told him it's going to be Warhawks.

After all the annoying posts throughout the day, I'm hoping it's just some random messing around but they seem adamant.

Edited by Coolio47
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

Take this with a massive grain of salt, because I sure am, but someone on the Washington subreddit claims a source told him it's going to be Warhawks.

After all the annoying posts throughout the day, I'm hoping it's just some random messing around but they seem adamant.

Well, that's a twist. I honestly don't mind that name. It's got the 'Fierceness' people want. It has a link to US history as the War Hawks sort of caused the War of 1812. What's going to be interesting is how people react when they learn about the Hawk congressmen. Some strongly supported slavery. I feel like that type of history would probably disqualify the name from consideration. The Washington War Hawks and Washington WarHawks trademarks both appear to be available. Their availability leads me to believe that this rumor may not be worth much. 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, duffy said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana–Monroe_Warhawks

So while I was looking for WarHawk images, I came across the University of Louisiana-Monroe. Pretty interesting how they have similar colors to the Redskins, maroon and gold. They where originally called the Indians, but were required by the NCAA to change the name, ultimately selecting WarHawks. 

2e09803a31df4350473badbb8c8c0301.png

"The new nickname honors Maj. Gen. Claire Lee Chennault, an LSU alumnus, and his Air Force unit from World War II, which utilized the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk in battle, although the logos primarily use bird imagery" 

The Eagle almost looks the same as Philadelphia Eagle logo

20 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

Yikes. 😬

• Thanks 2

The Washington Pride and switch the colors to pink or rainbows (because you need the right one for the occasion). They could have 7 different jerseys to sell in a single season with 3 pants combos that's 21 different possible combinations. That's 16 regular season games + 3 post season games + 2 preseason games. Fans could be given matching flowers to pin to their jerseys or ascots which could double as terrible towels. But they wouldn't be terrible they'd be ascots which are fabulous. Stone cold lock they'd have new fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, duffy said:

Well, that's a twist. I honestly don't mind that name. It's got the 'Fierceness' people want. It has a link to US history as the War Hawks sort of caused the War of 1812. What's going to be interesting is how people react when they learn about the Hawk congressmen. Some strongly supported slavery. I feel like that type of history would probably disqualify the name from consideration. The Washington War Hawks and Washington WarHawks trademarks both appear to be available. Their availability leads me to believe that this rumor may not be worth much. 

That's what I'm thinking. Frankly, my money is on Redwolves, but this person claimed the trademark is currently being used by a basketball team, and the logo designs are only "sketches" right now.  But given how many crappy name suggestions/logo designs I've seen over the last two days, I wasn't mad at the idea.  Just skeptical.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, duffy said:

Similarly, why didn't the NFL step in and mandate a change YEARS ago if the name/logo are racist?

And how can sponsors, who've supported the NFL and NFL teams for decades, be off the hook for supporting racism and the league that fostered it?

Edited by turtle2328
17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Apparently there used to be a Washington Warhawks basketball team?

Good find. I definitely never heard of them before. I tried looking them up but there's not a whole lot of information. I saw that they went 0-3 in 2017, but it appears the league folded. They planned to restart the premier basketball league this year, but obviously coronavirus had other plans. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Basketball_League

I can't find anything online that shows that the Washington Warhawks basketball team is still active or even currently owns the trademark, but maybe that's the holdup we've heard about?? Interesting... 

18 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

this person claimed the trademark is currently being used by a basketball team

Could they be confusing warhawks with warriors? 

Edited by duffy
3 hours ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

Just saw this a little late, but quite honestly you want to single me out...

You got a triangular shaped laser pointed at you.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
4 hours ago, Coolio47 said:

I wouldn't mind Warhawks. Actually these days the name just doesn't matter as much to me. I'd rather get it over with and see the new merch, I'm really interested in seeing how this rebrand turns out. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Seems like it would fit with Snyder. I hope this isnt true.

I saw the thread and he just seems like a blowhard. He collapsed like a house of cards when anyone questioned him. 

Maybe he's right, but backing it up with a supposed trademark claim that he couldn't screenshot is a bad look. 

• Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic