Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

7 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Hot take: people care waaaay too much about a team name

I just wanna watch Chase Young and see if Haskins sucks or not. I watch sports cause I enjoy watching sports. I don't watch them cause a team name makes me gushy.

And I follow the local teams cause this is my home. Washington is what matters, not Redskins. 

But that's just me

And to think all this time I thought I was the only one who felt this way. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, what was this reported "extra breaking news" or bomshell, that was supposed to happen today besides the name stuff, that was supposed to be "super scandalous" ?

Probably got rid of their favorite vending machine

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I nearly passed out when Robles caught the final out. As an Aught Fiver, dealing with Natinals, the CBP South days, the endless postseason comments, it was so cathartic. The parade was amazing. The team had a Gibbs Redskins appeal to them...

As a Phils fan, I cannot stand the Nationals, but you guys had a great ride last year, and an unreal October...congrats!  Enjoy it!  (Now we can get back to hating each other whenever they play again)

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, what was this reported "extra breaking news" or bomshell, that was supposed to happen today besides the name stuff, that was supposed to be "super scandalous" ?

Monty Python | GIFGlobe

25 minutes ago, The Red and the Black said:

Dan Snyder in 2013: "We'll never change the name," he said. "It's that simple. NEVER — you can use caps."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/05/09/washington-redskins-daniel-snyder/2148127/

Dan - you are a liar, a coward, and a little p***y.  May the entire NFL rot.  Never another penny from me.

i see you've been here since 2018 and though i know you were flagged by tk for trolling before, i hear your pain and i am willing to help you in your new journey to free yourself from the nightmare that the current-day nfl has become for you

(i was in a helping profession most recently)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

i feel sorry for mine named Karen. She’s super nice but does have the short blonde hair look.

Me too...for some reason people keep using my friends names as disses....I swear if Justin, Scott, or Dan ever get used I'm gonna start to get suspicious

• Haha 1

The amount of people who think they sound intelligent doing the "well Buccaneers used to steal and pillage" and "Vikings were barbarians so do they go as well?" is actually fairly unbelievable.

Just gives you so much perspective on how many people in this country have never had to worry about/have experience being marginalized.

Being sad, angry, disappointed is understandable and completely justified, but that logic is truly stupid.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They’ve given Snyder the secret of immortality 

I know people are going out of their minds and all, but am I the only one who thinks this is like, no big deal?

Maybe that’s how much Dan has dulled me to this team. I’m just... OK with it all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Xameil said:

Me too...for some reason people keep using my friends names as disses....I swear if Justin, Scott, or Dan ever get used I'm gonna start to get suspicious

I’ve got some bad news for you on the Dan front

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The amount of people who think they sound intelligent doing the "well Buccaneers used to steal and pillage" and "Vikings were barbarians so do they go as well?"

Just gives you so much perspective on how many people in this country have never had to worry about being marginalized.

Being sad, angry, disappointed is understandable and completely justified, but that logic is truly stupid.

It's a really bad year for nostalgic people.  On all fronts.  Not saying the changes are bad per se.  But if you hang on nostalgia it's a tough time.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Now you actually DONE MESSED UP.  They are coming after "Washington" next. 

Everyt ime I hear this phrase it makes me think of a family in the South, where some snotnosed kid just sassed his grandfather, and has to go and get a switch :ols:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, jujuskinsfan said:

I love how they put "sponsors" before "fans and community" in the press release. 

Why do think Dan is changing the name?

$$$$$$$$$$. He is going lose money if he kept the name.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Why do think Dan is changing the name?

$$$$$$$$$$. He is going lose money if he kept the name.

I almost wonder (since they say Dan's been talking to the league for weeks) if he's changing it to appease more than just the people that hold the money.  We have yet to hear about this other anvil about to drop and if the NFL knew of wrongdoings and I wonder if "you change the name and we will lessen the penalty". Who knows but timing is curious.

18 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Red tails airman patches - WW2 graphics

Redtails is a flying cat not a bird

In the 2nd pic you posted, the cat looked like it was 6 cans short of a 6 pack.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Everyt ime I hear this phrase it makes me think of a family in the South, where some snotnosed kid just sassed his grandfather, and has to go and get a switch :ols:

I've been that kid. 😝

• Haha 2
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic