Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

18 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i can't wait for the howl after every first down! 

I have been to a few NC State football games since living in Raleigh. They are the "Wolf Pack" 

It is by far the most "small time" college football experience I have been at for a P5 team. The howling & whatever other wolf nonsense they do is an embarrassment 

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1282669101597503495

Why don't the Redskins have a new nickname planned yet? Probably because some realtor in Alexandria beat them to the punch and trademarked every single possible new Redskins nickname. Well, played sir.

Ecz0u7BWkAAgeBN?format=png&name=900x900

Saw thing this morning that trademarks must be used to be valid. I think this guy ended up wasting a TON of his life in hope of striking it rich.

• Like 3
Just now, clskinsfan said:

Saw thing this morning that trademarks must be used to be valid. I think this guy ended up wasting a TON of his life in hope of striking it rich.

He seems like the Trademark version of Zack Hample

Now that it's official they are going to change their name and they want to be more supportive of the military...  LET'S MAKE THIS NAME GO VIRAL!!  The new name should be:

THE WASHINGTON ARMED FORCES!!  Through the Air and on the Ground, we are READY!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, timdaley73 said:

Now that it's official they are going to change their name and they want to be more supportive of the military...  LET'S MAKE THIS NAME GO VIRAL!!  The new name should be:

THE WASHINGTON ARMED FORCES!!  Through the Air and on the Ground, we are READY!!

Awful. No thanks on blowing the military more than the NFL already is paid a lot of propaganda money to do. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Somebody bought the domain name washingtonredwolves.com last September...I'm thinking they are the driving force behind the Redwolves name movement lol..

If so, then I'm seriously impressed.  The fan/player push for that name is crazy.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, timdaley73 said:

Yes! We could all sing "HAIL TO THE ARMED FORCES!" It wouldn't sound like North Korea at all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
Just now, sjinhan said:

I really hate the Red Wolves.... i would have preferred Warriors or Redhawks...

Go back a page and listen to that girl teaching how to howl and tell me you aint immediately ready to rip someones head off. Maybe even hers.  

• Haha 10
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  It's not.  Stop drinking.  It's as stupid as "fly eagles fly."

If we have people howling in the stands, or play some stupid wolf howl thing like the Vikings have that obnoxious horn, I'm going to start rooting for the goddamn Colts or something.  

FLY REDWOLVES FLY!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d wish we’d get DC into the name.

Washington DC Warriors

DC Warriors

Washington DC Red Wolves

DC Red Wolves

But then people are gonna think we're part of the ****ty DC universe lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 3
Just now, Califan007 said:

'

but then people are gonna think we're part of the ****ty DC universe lol...

I knew I hated you. Its good to finally know why. 

• Haha 9
9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d wish we’d get DC into the name.

Washington DC Warriors

DC Warriors

Washington DC Red Wolves

DC Red Wolves

Dc RedWolf sounds like a X-Men character lol 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I know right...they're not even their own state...

Salt...meet wound :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Honestly, the piss poor play has pretty much killed my obsession with the team so that's probably conditioned me to accept this blow. I'm hopeful that something brand new will reignite my fire, who knows. 

All of this.

Even 5 years ago, I’d have been up in arms about a name change.  Nowadays, it’s much easier to accept change.  I also think if Dan’s entire ownership hadn’t been so awful, the calls to change the name wouldn’t have reached the peak they did either.

edit: Although Redwolves is not something I am digging at all.  Not in the least.  Feels more like a ploy to keep HTTR and the fight song in some capacity.  Hell, I’d take the Red Warriors over Redwolves.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I know, right? lol....

This is the type of organic movement that helps something new, stick. Fans now have an emotional attachment to Redwolves--I brought up Baby Shark earlier, and it's fitting. Baby Shark is incredibly annoying and stupid. But it became the anthem in an incredible title run--it happened naturally and organically. To the point MLB used it in it's team postseason promo. This is the sort of thing that keeps interest and eases the transition.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The Snyder Cut takes on a WHOLE new meaning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
1 minute ago, dfitzo53 said:

We could just go ahead and strike a deal with DC to be the DC Batmen or the DC Superheroes or something.

(Kidding.)

(Mostly.)

Great...piss off the Marvel/Disney fanboys...are you purposefully trying to cause more drama?

• Haha 1
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic