Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

They don't really have anything else they can slap on there to make it look official at the moment.

Its kind of funny, here you are letting everyone know you are working on changing a name that is deemed racist and in that very statement you have "Redskins" all over the release and the logo in the header.

Its just odd to me.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I'll give ya that...it made it onto more the one mix tape I made...even learned to play it in guitar

Mix tape...**** I'm old...

When I learn to play the guitar, (and I am going to do that, I was actually a conducting major in college, and learned to play every instrument of the orchestra to a very, very low level of competence, but never the guitar), it's actually one of the songs I've got on the list to learn.

I touched a girl's waist for the first time while dancing to that song on whatever fateful night that was in 1990. Nothing more, just her waist.  It was a life changing event for 14 year old me. I get that these days, by 14, most kids seem to be twirking and grinding, but our generation was more flannel, weed, and social distancing before it was in vogue.    

29 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I responded to someone on Twitter who thought that Snyder would have some kind of back up plan: Dan Snyder's foresight extends to the tip of his nose, no further.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you, though there is actually evidence he had something of a plan B because reports are he tried to trademark Warriors, and was looking at that for the indoor football team just to have it in case something happened with the name.  So, maybe it wasn't the tip of his nose, maybe it's his outstrecthed arm (which isn't that far, tbh, but I think at some point, some minor thought was given to alternatives.  My guess it was around 2012/2013 when the name thing was a real topic, and I'm sure SOMEBODY in the organization thought it wouldn't hurt to at least have something lying on a shelf somewhere.  It probably wasn't Dan, and it certainly wasn't Bruce.  But something.  

29 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If you made mixed tapes, you remember the Redskins when they were good.

Yes, and I definitely made and received mix tapes.  I think Hail to the Redskins actually was on one of those mix tapes.  And I remember clearly when the 'Skins were good, even though I was ~6-16.  I remember the 1991 season vividly.  I remember the 1982 and 1983 SBs to some extent, but it really kicked in during the 1987 season leading up to that SB.  I don't think I missed a game from 1986-2006.  I was in India visiting relatives during the 2006 ST21 blocked FG Dallas game (my grandmother was in awful health, so I went to see her), and that was the first game I missed in 20 years. I started tuning out in 2017 when it was absolutely clear they had all the wrong people in charge and were going to go nowhere.  

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

They could've done something like "Washington NFL Football" but I won't kill them for not doing it.

For right now I'm guessing you'll see something like this.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

They could've done something like "Washington NFL Football" but I won't kill them for not doing it.

They said in the letter that the name will be officially retired when the "review" is over. I'm assuming that means when they officially announce the new logo/name. Until then, we are still the Redskins. Site is still up, too. Makes sense to me. 

• Like 1

Curious to know if there is anybody around here that isn't excited about the change? I get that there's nothing we can do about it, but I personally feel too emotionally attached to the name, the history and the current logo to ever see myself rooting for another team... I also understand that most of you guys are from DC, which might help a bit. I have definitely lost interest in the Redskins over the past few years but I kept hoping that a better coaching staff, FO or a franchise QB would eventually re-ignite the fire. A name change is definitely not going to do it for me. I might stick around for a while just out of curiosity but I doubt I will ever feel the same about the team. Sad times :(

• Thanks 3

We should be the Washington EXTREME. The website can be ExtremeEXTREME.com, and if anybody ever spells it lowercase fans are allowed to punch that person in the face.

That's how EXTREME we are.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

As I said this is pure speculation but Santos could have been used by Bruce as the frontman for tampering or some other yet to be revealed act of corporate malfeasance.

If the reports that multiple draft picks may be lost are correct something serious up to and including circumventing the salary cap likely occurred.

There have been reports of multiple draft picks possibly being lost?

22 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So I got in late, have the Redskins given any confirmation on why we should care about Santos and the other dude who totally weren't using counterfeit cheerleader passports to smuggle in drugs, money, and drug money?

All I know (and this is an hour old) is Ben Standing really leaned into the fact there was more than meets the eye with this, and it will break in the next 24-48 hours.  And indicated it will be upsetting.  There was no news on a. Rivera quitting, b. the team moving, c. any other thing the doomsday tweets might refer to from last night except it was tied in to the Santos and the other guy firings.  

My guess is if it's something really bad, there might be football-related consequences, like cap room and/or drat picks, or something like that which is going to make all of us lose our minds.  Especially if somehow that ass hat Mara is involved in some way.

26 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That statement is big nothing burger, it doesn't say when the name is being retired and it doesnt say its been retired as of today so we're still the Redskins until "completion of this review".  That could be months or even the entire year.

Standing on Radio this morning basically said the same thing.  Everybody KNEW the name was going to change, so why announce it officially?  He said it was to take attention from something else.  

I do think it's a bit more than that.  I think it officially closes the debate on if the Redskins should change their name.  It's done.  The Redskins team name is gone. So stop talking about it.  Pelosi, AOC, UnWise Mike, Mayor Bowser, Bob Costas, Peter King, Mike Florio, yadda yadda yadda, those idiotic congressmembers from states which are nowhere near here and are not native american, and the most annoying of all, the later comer to the party, Alyssa Milano.  just shut up and go away.   That's what this statement says.  We can stop hearing about "do it now."  "What are you waiting for?" Blah Blah Blah.

However, based on Standing's interview, there is SOMETHING related to the Santos stuff which is going to come out and is probably going to be upsetting.  

3 minutes ago, jujuskinsfan said:

Curious to know if there is anybody around here that isn't excited about the change? I get that there's nothing we can do about it, but I personally feel too emotionally attached to the name, the history and the current logo to ever see myself rooting for another team... I also understand that most of you guys are from DC, which might help a bit. I have definitely lost interest in the Redskins over the past few years but I kept hoping that a better coaching staff, FO or a franchise QB would eventually re-ignite the fire. A name change is definitely not going to do it for me. I might stick around for a while just out of curiosity but I doubt I will ever feel the same about the team. Sad times :(

Honestly, the piss poor play has pretty much killed my obsession with the team so that's probably conditioned me to accept this blow. I'm hopeful that something brand new will reignite my fire, who knows. 

• Like 5

So the site gonna be called Extremewolves after the name change?

Also my friend recommended HTTR now become Howl to the Redwolves which I think is actually pretty cool.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That makes sense and seems like a reasonable quick fix.

Does anyone else find it odd they put out a press release with the logo and the current name on it?

My guess is it's potentially the last press release with the team name and logo on it.

It MIGHT be a very small act of defiance.  Or it might just be, that's their press release template, and nobody really thought about it.  Shrug.  

Regardless, it is what it is. Name is changing.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That was done locally though. Regardless of the way how it was conducted, you have to assume that you're going to get more support for it locally. If it's offensive it has to be a nationwide poll so you can get an accurate assessment.

ESPN has reported that Native American leaders have been sending letters to the commissioner asking it to be changed, that's enough for me to say its about time for it to go. 

What was done locally...the Annenberg and WP polls? Because they were not done locally.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Also my friend recommended HTTR now become Howl to the Redwolves which I think is actually pretty cool.

No.  It's not.  Stop drinking.  It's as stupid as "fly eagles fly."

If we have people howling in the stands, or play some stupid wolf howl thing like the Vikings have that obnoxious horn, I'm going to start rooting for the goddamn Colts or something.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

If we have people howling in the stands, or play some stupid wolf howl thing like the Vikings have that obnoxious horn, I'm going to start rooting for the goddamn Colts or something.  

Dude, I’m with you.  🤮 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All I know (and this is an hour old) is Ben Standing really leaned into the fact there was more than meets the eye with this, and it will break in the next 24-48 hours.  And indicated it will be upsetting.  There was no news on a. Rivera quitting, b. the team moving, c. any other thing the doomsday tweets might refer to from last night except it was tied in to the Santos and the other guy firings.  

My guess is if it's something really bad, there might be football-related consequences, like cap room and/or drat picks, or something like that which is going to make all of us lose our minds.  Especially if somehow that ass hat Mara is involved in some way.

For it to be something we really don't like, it would have to be a fistfight between Kyle Smith and the fired dudes. Smith would have to be in prison, the other two simply fired.

Maybe Fred Smoot knows about it because the fistfight broke out on Riverboat Ron's yacht? While smuggling drug money

8 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

We should be the Washington EXTREME. The website can be ExtremeEXTREME.com, and if anybody ever spells it lowercase fans are allowed to punch that person in the face.

That's how EXTREME we are.

And it has to be said like a wrestler....I'm picturing Macho Man saying it...with a slim jim

Ugh...Macho Man...again...**** I'm old

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What was done locally...the Annenberg and WP polls? Because they were not done locally.

If they weren't then I stand corrected. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The only thing that could be worse would be the Packers playing the sound of packing tape being stretched out from its roller.

If they did that, I'd bandwagon the **** out of the Ravens.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well there’s already more people singing “Fly Eagles Fly” at FedEx anyway thanks to 20 years of Snyder 

• Haha 5
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic