Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sometimes the beat guys get lathered up because they changed the type of soda in the soda machines.... 

Especially Chris Russell

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Happy Memorial Day everyone, today should be an interesting day. 

Not really. All we are getting is official confirmation the Redskins name us being retired. 

Until they get the trademark issue settled, no new name announcement.

33 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What does that have to do with the firing of Santos and the other guy?

As I said this is pure speculation but Santos could have been used by Bruce as the frontman for tampering or some other yet to be revealed act of corporate malfeasance.

If the reports that multiple draft picks may be lost are correct something serious up to and including circumventing the salary cap likely occurred.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Not really. All we are getting is official confirmation the Redskins name us being retired. 

That's only part, I'm more concerned to see what more comes out about the guys that were fired.

8 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

Just woke up, hoping that the news isnt embarrassing. Has a time for press conference been released???

I dont think sports are doing press conferences. Are they? I think anything would just be a zoom call or something. 

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Thats would be a letdown 

A sad awooo 

• Haha 1

Ben Standing on 980, and strongly hinted the santos and other guy firing has an ugly side to it and Rivera has too much on his plate to handle.  He leaned hard into Rivera having a lot of responsibility and needing help, never indicated in any way Ron wanted out.  

He clearly knows something, he said the name change announcement was a non-event to distract from the other news, but he kept going back to Santos.  

I came away thinking there is something messy non-football related with the FO, there was no indication Ron was going anywhere, quite the opposite actually. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's probably based on the poll--well, actually two polls--that show about 90% of NAs polled aren't bothered by the name.

NA activists tried criticizing how the polls were conducted but their criticisms were not valid.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.42.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.44.05 AM.png

That was done locally though. Regardless of the way how it was conducted, you have to assume that you're going to get more support for it locally. If it's offensive it has to be a nationwide poll so you can get an accurate assessment.

ESPN has reported that Native American leaders have been sending letters to the commissioner asking it to be changed, that's enough for me to say its about time for it to go. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Rivera has too much on his plate to handle. 

Well I did expect that it would end up that way with a re-org. It typically does when you want to put your "system" in place your way and dont have enough guys to do it yet. I would expect it to be this way for about a year until he can get the folks he wants in place to do things the way he wants them. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, -JB- said:

“Don’t worry, fellas.  I won’t screw this up.  AT ALL.”

Not sure to laugh or cry. Need the laugh-into-a-cry emoji

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 1

RedWolves (or Red Wolves) is awful. It sounds like, “Hey, what animal can we put after ‘Red’ that sounds cool?”...

My concern is that they feel pressured to rush out a new logo/uniform set, and it will look just that: rushed. If you’re going to change, say, yes, we’re going to change, but we’re taking the time to create a logo that will be another classic (this is all painful to write, as I love the name and current logo)...
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

So the day they announce the retiring of this historic name - a day full of varied emotions - it comes out that there's now something else, something dire, that's also going to be brought to light? 

Only the Redwolves, man. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
19 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

If the reports that multiple draft picks may be lost are correct something serious up to and including circumventing the salary cap likely occurred.

Wait, what?  You got a link somewhere for that?

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not sure to laugh or cry. Need the laugh-into-a-cry emoji

My man, we have the memories of the Nats title run to comfort us!!! 😭

2 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

RedWolves (or Red Wolves) is awful. It sounds like, “Hey, what animal can we put after ‘Red’ that sounds cool?”...

My concern is that they feel pressured to rush out a new logo/uniform set, and it will look just that: rushed. If you’re going to change, say, yes, we’re going to change, but we’re taking the time to create a logo that will be another classic (this is all painful to write, as I love the name and current logo)...

That's all well and good, but when you have a screaming mob and pissed off sponsors, it needs to be expidited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, -JB- said:

And the Mystics and the Capitals. 

plus, they can’t take away our memories. 

• Thanks 2
Just now, -JB- said:

This crowd reaction still gives me goosebumps. How this team just refused to lose.

• Thanks 4
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic