Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Offseasons in Washington are way more exciting than the season for all the wrong reasons. What could this even be? The narrative has been negative, not about the name, and really bad. I think we can safely say it doesn't involve a Kyle Smith promotion or Dan selling the team. Those of course would be positive developments. IMO, this has to be very organizationally based likely tied to the latest firings because if it was something with league ramifications, Schefter, Rapoport or even Russini would've already broken it. It's very rare the local beat can hold on to something for this long without the national media reporting it. 

• Like 3
On 7/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, -JB- said:

Endless cycle lol So it’s ok to have Spartans as a mascot or logo but not Native Americans?  It’s ok to have the Fighting Irish or Demon Deacons or Blue Devils lol 

Look, I understand that Redskins is an insensitive name and changing it is a step in the right direction.  But the folks saying that depicting anything Native American is racist are crazy.  

We certainly don't want Indians to have a say! It's the non Indians that have the problem with it, the racist PC crowd who see nothing but color! Just because they are offended, they believe they have the right to dictate to everyone else to be offended as well! Apparently Indians themselves are too stupid and too ignorant to be offended, so it's up to the PC P@#$%^ to do it for them!!! 
On Indian reservations, they name their schools "Redskins" their sports teams "Redskins" doesn't sound like it's all that offensive to the people who apparently are supposed to be offended does it??? 

90% of all Indians are proud of the "Redskin" name!!!

Perhaps the true racist is the one who want's to abolish the history and legacies of the American Indian altogether...take a look around; the same snowflakes are attempting to make America a memory with the removal of our history in the name of racist insensitivity!!! I bet you not any one of them actually knows why Indians were called "Redskins" to begin with!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

We certainly don't want Indians to have a say! It's the non Indians that have the problem with it, the racist PC crowd who see nothing but color! Just because they are offended, they believe they have the right to dictate to everyone else to be offended as well! Apparently Indians themselves are too stupid and too ignorant to be offended, so it's up to the PC P@#$%^ to do it for them!!! 
On Indian reservations, they name their schools "Redskins" their sports teams "Redskins" doesn't sound like it's all that offensive to the people who apparently are supposed to be offended does it??? 

90% of all Indians are proud of the "Redskin" name!!!

Perhaps the true racist is the one who want's to abolish the history and legacies of the American Indian altogether...take a look around; the same snowflakes are attempting to make America a memory with the removal of our history in the name of racist insensitivity!!! I bet you not any one of them actually knows why Indians were called "Redskins" to begin with!!! 

Good God, take a chill pill man. I see that same 90% bull**** statistic thrown around by every fan adamant about keeping the name. It's an insensitive nickname and it's changing whether you want it to or not. You can either embrace the new name or just whine about why we aren't the Redskins anymore. One of those two options sounds a hell of a lot better to me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Built in sponsor right there.....Tide keeps our jerseys stain free ;)

Sidenote - Those same type of Algal blooms are the reason that the sea between Egypt and Jordan is known as the Red sea

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wrilbo67 said:

gawd seriously? Redskins could’ve been interpreted the same way for the past 87 years and nobody was bothered by that fact.

"Skin" refers to far more than just a person's ass. "Tail" refers specifically to someone's ass. If you wanted people to associate "ass" with "Redskin" you would have needed to change the name to do so.

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Good God, take a chill pill man. I see that same 90% bull**** statistic thrown around by every fan adamant about keeping the name. It's an insensitive nickname and it's changing whether you want it to or not. You can either embrace the new name or just whine about why we aren't the Redskins anymore. One of those two options sounds a hell of a lot better to me. 

So why is the "90% statistic" bull****?

Edited by Califan007
15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So why is the "90% statistic" bull****?

There's no evidence that actually backs that up. It just sounds like a made up statistic to support his views. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
1 minute ago, skins22hut said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/10/poll-of-native-americans

Yeah, we all know. This was the primary reason why I stood with the name. At this point, it doesn't matter.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Maybe Rivera is trying to convince Dan to acquire the Panthers nickname from CAR to go with everything else we’ve purged.

Washington Panthers.

HTTR = Hail to the Riverboat

Logo is already fixed. Only trademark issues that we are dealing with is Ron selling it to Dan. He probally wants an X cut from all future income. 

riverboat-ron-logojfif.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -JB- said:

It’s funny that if Snyder wanted to name the team the Pale Skins everybody would be ok with it lol

It is a funny thing to claim.

• Like 6

A company always saves the domain name.  washingtonredtails.com and washingtonwarriors.com are both still available.  washingtonredwolves.com is not.

Hail to the Redwolves, my friends!

Edited by robotfire
  • Like 4
31 minutes ago, visionary said:

It is a funny thing to claim.

Well, everyone as in not everyone but the Twitter-verse and the me-too crowd lol

Concerning today's bad news it's possible that Bruce Allen leaked info to the NFL about misdeeds the Skins front office has done over the years.

He knows where ALL the bodies are buried and he is certainly vindictive enough to do something like this as "payback" to Snyder for having the gall to fire him. 

If Bruce gave up serious dirt to Goodell there's no telling how high up this could go. It also might be the real reason Fred Smith, Scharr and other minority owners want out of here before the **** hits the fan.

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Concerning today's bad news it's possible that Bruce Allen leaked info to the NFL about misdeeds the Skins front office has done over the years.

He knows where ALL the bodies are buried and he is certainly vindictive enough to do something like this as "payback" to Snyder for having the gall to fire him. 

If Bruce gave up serious dirt to Goodell there's no telling how high up this could go. It also might be the real reason Fred Smith, Scharr and other minority owners want out of here before the **** hits the fan.

Would be epic if we find out some major dirt on Snyder and he’s pushed out of being an owner and then Jeff Bezos buys the team, names an actual GM, reconstructs the entire front office, names the team the Washington Prime and builds Amazon Field in the old RFK lot LOL

30 minutes ago, robotfire said:

A company always saves the domain name.  washingtonredtails.com and washingtonwarriors.com are both still available.  washingtonredwolves.com is not.

I honestly think Snyder had a name in mind well before fans started online petitioning for RedWolves.  Pretty sure you guys are setting yourselves up for the letdown lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

There's no evidence that actually backs that up. It just sounds like a made up statistic to support his views. 

It's probably based on the poll--well, actually two polls--that show about 90% of NAs polled aren't bothered by the name.

NA activists tried criticizing how the polls were conducted but their criticisms were not valid.

1 hour ago, robotfire said:

No they aren't. They weren't available last week, either, when I checked.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.42.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.44.05 AM.png

Edited by Califan007
47 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

What does that have to do with the firing of Santos and the other guy?

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This all tracks as more likely than football-side drama...but if that's the case I don't understand why beat guys are acting like it's a nuke we aren't ready for. All this kind of stuff seems like it could loosen Snyder's hold on the team, if anything. 

Sometimes the beat guys get lathered up because they changed the type of soda in the soda machines.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic