Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah shortening the name feels natural and not forced, agreed.

"You guys going to the 'munchers game on Sunday?"

holy **** man - I’m in tears over here! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, TK said:

Trying to find the audio clip I made of it. I think I texted it to either @KDawg or @themurf or maybe both when I found it

Found it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ten years ago, I probably would have been against a name change. Not because I would have seen it as capitulating to some agenda but because I likely would've seen it as unnecessary. 

But recently, I spent some time working and living in northern Arizona on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Large Native American population up there since the Navajo Nation encompasses the eastern half of the state. 

And all I can tell you is that I haven't uttered the team name in about a year. 

So I welcome the change. Glad it's happening. But honestly, none of this is really about me or what I think. Or what most of the people who post here think. 

It's simply about doing what's right.

Edited by Toe Jam
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

All this back & forth and Snyder changes the name to Generals & then collectively all of our heads explode! 🤯 I expect nothing less !!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3
9 minutes ago, Toe Jam said:

Ten years ago, I probably would have been against a name change. Not because I would have seen it as capitulating to some agenda but because I likely would've seen it as unnecessary. 

But recently, I spent some time working and living in northern Arizona on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Large Native American population up there since the Navajo Nation encompasses the eastern half of the state. 

So I welcome the change. Glad it's happening. But honestly, none of this is really about me or what I think. Or what most of the people who post here think. 

Wait, so you went and moved closer to Yellowstone? :)

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wait, so you went and moved closer to Yellowstone? :)

Better than that.

I Iived IN Yellowstone for most of 2017 and early 2018. 

Edited by Toe Jam
7 minutes ago, Toe Jam said:

That’s beautiful brother.

It was a gift, a mitzvah if you will.

• Like 2

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I just saw this on Twitter.. 

Easily my favorite concept for a RedWolves logo. Good enough for at least an alternative logo. I might still want something a little more Fierce for the helmets. 

7 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

We can’t use Warriors and not have a Native American connection. Many outlets and Native American organizations have said they should not use that name.

First off who gives a ****...its not many..its a very small group. Most Native American groups supported Redskins...and hate Chiefs.

Second off...Warriors has a insane uphill battle to trade mark...

Third off...based on current and former players tweets..its going to start with an R.

Most likely its Red Wolves.

Edit: D I've been drinking and filter is off...1 2, and 3 still apply

Edited by Xameil
16 minutes ago, Toe Jam said:

So if I understand you correctly, you didn't feel comfortable using the team's name around Native Americans, so since you were around them for about a year you didn't use the name for about a year?

6 minutes ago, Toe Jam said:

Better than that.

I Iived IN Yellowstone for most of 2017 and early 2018. 

Dude, stop.

365E68AD-B8AB-4234-8C06-85F71B151117.png

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

So if I understand you correctly, you didn't feel comfortable using the team's name around Native Americans, so since you were around them for about a year you didn't use the name for about a year?

Irony of this...most Native Americans I have talked to actually support the Redskins name....

• Haha 1
Just now, Califan007 said:

No. 

I developed close friendships with people who said the name was racist and were offended by it. 

I stopped using it after that. 

It's not complicated.  

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Toe Jam said:

No. 

I developed close friendships with people who said the name was racist and were offended by it. 

I stopped using it after that. 

It's not complicated.  

would have been nice if you had said that:

"But recently, I spent some time working and living in northern Arizona on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Large Native American population up there since the Navajo Nation encompasses the eastern half of the state. 

And all I can tell you is that I haven't uttered the team name in about a year."

Edited by Califan007
6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Dude, stop.

365E68AD-B8AB-4234-8C06-85F71B151117.png

Part of my job in the park was to deter tourists (we called some of them "tourons") from doing dumb sh*t like this. 

Anyway, I think we're getting off topic here. 😂

Edited by Toe Jam
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Also seems like he didn't really get to know them as the Navajo's Mesa High School sports teams names are the Redskins. I've lived in AZ 12 years and the 2d most popular NFL team in the Navajo Nation is the Redskins or should I say was the Redskins (Can't see those specific fans continuing to support a newly named team in Washington).

Edited by nonniey
2 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Thoughts on this logo?

Looks good. Some people might find it a little busy. But it's a cool idea. 

19 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Plot twist

The Washington Rattlesnakes 

could do the cobra hiss from dodgeball.

RightEvenEchidna-size_restricted.gif

I like it. 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, duffy said:

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I just saw this on Twitter.. 

Easily my favorite concept for a RedWolves logo. Good enough for at least an alternative logo. I might still want something a little more Fierce for the helmets. 

Not sure about the capitol, it gives me old German helmet vibes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickelhaube#/media/File%3ABismarck_pickelhaube.jpg

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Also seems like he didn't really get to know them as the Navajo's Mesa High School sports teams names are the Redskins. I've lived in AZ 12 years and the 2d most popular NFL team in the Navajo Nation is the the Redskins or should I say was the Redskins (Can't see those specific continuing to support a newly named team in Washington).

Or maybe he knew them very well, and that's what they said. Stop with this crap already.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Thoughts on this logo? It needs tidying up but the concept/image choice? (not mine, Smoot retweeted it)

image.thumb.jpeg.6bbcd38c8b70c0b7bfce693d56fa8b7c.jpeg

"Oh that is BALLAH!"

Edited by CRobi21
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic