Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

7 minutes ago, Probos said:

I simply found the post by Cali007 to be funny considering the date it was made and where we are right now.  It was not meant to be mean spirited.  You don't have to edit anytime, no worries.

I'm not sure why anyone would take offense, but,...the times they are a changing.  

Yeah. It was a little like Custer at Little Bighorn saying, "Shouldn't take long to take care of these savages. Let's get this done fast, boys, I have a card game in an hour." 

Hard to predict anything these days. 

8 minutes ago, Probos said:

I'm not sure why anyone would take offense, but,...the times they are a changing.  

Because it quotes a large body of text with a one-word response, which is against the rules. It also doesn't add anything to the conversation. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It would need a lot of improvement. That sounded weird. 

one loud howl from the PA system on first downs or sacks it what id prefer 

That was cringy as **** lol

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Have been going back through franchise history looking at evolution of the color scheme, logos, and unis even before logos where on them. Wanted to share. 

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/redskins.shtml

Cool. Interesting that the Mickey D's look happened in '70. For some reason, I thought George Allen was responsible for that, but guess not! He didn't arrive until '71. 

7 hours ago, -JB- said:

Definition of brave

(Entry 1 of 3)

1: having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty : having or showing courage 
a brave soldier

🤷‍♂️

That's the adjective definition, though...team names are always nouns (even the Browns).

The definition of the noun version of "Brave" all mention Native Americans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it’s going to be Warriors, why the secrecy and letting everyone speculate? I wouldn’t have minded Warriors before, but it does seem kind of generic now.  I wonder what our logo/mascot would be.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Probos said:

I simply found the post by Cali007 to be funny considering the date it was made and where we are right now.  It was not meant to be mean spirited.  You don't have to edit anytime, no worries.

Wait, you quoted me? lol...i need to check my notifications, I guess.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, -JB- said:

I’m telling you, prepare for the curve ball!!!!

i just can’t see Red Wolves if we are sticking to burgundy & gold.  It just doesn’t feel right!  Plus Snyder is so tone deaf he certainly doesn’t give a diddly-poo about what the fans are saying!

👁

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

If it’s going to be Warriors, why the secrecy and letting everyone speculate? I wouldn’t have minded Warriors before, but it does seem kind of generic now.  I wonder what our logo/mascot would be.

With all the players, various celebrities (Smoot, KD), people who cover the team pointing to Red Wolves, the organic fan movement, Warriors is going to be such a let down.

I don't expect anything less from Snyder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Probos said:

Lol

You should have kept on reading...either that, or you did keep on reading and decided to ignore my follow-up below lol...

On 7/3/2020 at 12:08 PM, Califan007 said:

I have never been so wrong in my life lol....

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

Redwolves is a really cool name, hope we don't get disappointed with something like Warriors.

Saw somewhere that when the teams come onto the pitch you could dim the light (for night games), show a big moon on the screen and the whole stadium could howl. That'd be amazing.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Cool. Interesting that the Mickey D's look happened in '70. For some reason, I thought George Allen was responsible for that, but guess not! He didn't arrive until '71. 

Right. That's before my time. I grew up on the 80s Skins and had no idea they used to be a truer burgundy and gold until the NFL 75th Anniversary season and we had Health Shuler and Ricky Ervins in these. No idea why they went away from those colors. 

B6273VQYCY2ZLK7S5CPZ53ZXTI.jpg

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Redwolves is a really cool name, hope we don't get disappointed with something like Warriors.

Saw somewhere that when the teams come onto the pitch you could dim the light (for night games), show a big moon on the screen and the whole stadium could howl. That'd be amazing.

Redwolves is too close to Timberwolves but yeah, it would annoy opposing fans, haha

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

I still prefer @Forehead's suggestion of the whole "Warriors, come out and play" chant complete with clanking bottle sounds filling the stadium. It would hype up the crowd, make it unsettling for visiting teams, and cause wild cheering when the team ran onto the field after being called out by the fans.

However, If we don't start winning the name and the pregame ceremonies will be irrelevant lol...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wolf howl +siren. Or more accurately,  wolf howl that merges with siren sound effect.

Ultimate howl/siren belongs to Axel

"The finished version of the song – recorded at Rumbo Studios in Canoga Park, and produced by Mike Clink – was electrifying. The whole intro sounds like something bad is about to go down: an ominous quality in Slash’s first, echoing notes and fast descending run; a howl from Axl like the wailing of a police siren."

For the longest time I didn't realize that was actually vocals at the beginning, always thought it was an actual siren.

• Like 2

Warriors are really the only option for something turned around this quickly. Redwolves would be a total rebrand and take years to develop.

Warriors, which we know Snyder has had his eye on for awhile, allows us to use similar or identical logos (maybe the spear or other throwback logo). Keep the same colors. Try to make it as familiar to fans as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

because they are hideous relics from a bygone era. 

The nfl wants uniforms from a brighter, modern, and refreshing color palette. 

Then we should stop calling it burgundy and gold with such love. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The nfl wants uniforms from a brighter, modern, and refreshing color palette. 

Give me the classic Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, Chiefs, Steelers...ones that have remained constant rather than the constantly morphing day-glo monstrosities that have come put recently 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Then we should stop calling it burgundy and gold with such love. 

Yeah it’s more like burgundy and yellow now I always liked the 60s colors 

Edited by redskin301
  • Like 1
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic