Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Snyder will **** this up. Kinda feels like the draft thread. We get all hyped up to take the no brainer, All-American WR, but instead we take the junior college OG that was out last season with an Achilles tear. 

of course he does.  Why does he care now?  Bc money is on the line.  He didn't give a damn when Native americans were protesting. 

I wonder how many new fans a rebrand would bring in that want to enjoy football but don’t want to be associated with the loser skins that they have laughed at their entire lives. I know many people like that. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

I’ve got the perfect new name. But to get there, we have go backwards first. 

Remember back when ol Tex wanted his expansion team in Dallas? How’s he get it? He waited for the copyright to Hail To The Redskins to expire & held the song rights hostage until Marshal voted to allow the Dallas Cowboys into existence. 

Fast forward back to now. To keep this blood feud alive, there’s only one choice for a new name. 

AMERICA’S TEAM

They took our song, we take their bull**** nickname. 

And once again it’s **** the Cowboys :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

This is what i don't get.  The redskins name is trash.  Any fan after 92 equates this team with garbage.  When i think of excellence with this team, i think of Joe Gibbs.  I don't think of the name.  Outside of his era, i dont want to be associated.  Any fan after 92 should welcome a new name. 

What caused people to become fans after 1992? I mean, I've never experienced the appeal of garbage lol...

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I wonder how many new fans a rebrand would bring in that want to enjoy football but don’t want to be associated with the loser skins that they have laughed at their entire lives. I know many people like that. 

Huh?

You actually know people who have laughed at the loser Redskins their entire lives, but will jump on the team bandwagon if they change the name to Redwolves?..That makes absolutely no sense to me. Makes far more sense that they would just continue laughing at the loser Redwolves lol...

I mean, if the reason they laughed at the Skins was due to the name, then maybe...but since you said "loser Skins" I'm assuming they were pointing and laughing their entire lives at the team's mediocrity...so are they thinking the new name will somehow stop the mediocrity? 

Not to mention, most people don't wait their whole lives to become fans of a team. That kinda happens relatively early and for a thousand different reasons. If I found the redskins to be a laughingstock I'd have become a Ravens fan (or a Rams fan since they're in southern Cali).

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Huh?

You actually know people who have laughed at the loser Redskins their entire lives, but will jump on the team bandwagon if they change the name to Redwolves?..That makes absolutely no sense to me. Makes far more sense that they would just continue laughing at the loser Redwolves lol...

I mean, if the reason they laughed at the Skins was due to the name, then maybe...but since you said "loser Skins" I'm assuming they were pointing and laughing their entire lives at the team's mediocrity...so are they thinking the new name will somehow stop the mediocrity? 

Not to mention, most people don't wait their whole lives to become fans of a team. That kinda happens relatively early and for a thousand different reasons. If I found the redskins to be a laughingstock I'd have become a Ravens fan (or a Rams fan since they're in southern Cali).

I know a lot of people who hate the Ravens and want to root for the home team but the Redskins suck. I’m surprised you don’t to be honest I hear it enough that I assumed it was common. 

“Y’all are just always trash” 

“Same old Skins” 

all that. I’m talking generic bandwagon cats who love the Yankees and the lakers like they have ever been to a game. You have to know the type they basically are born and die in DC. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I know a lot of people who hate the Ravens and want to root for the home team but the Redskins suck. I’m surprised you don’t to be honest I hear it enough that I assumed it was common. 

“Y’all are just always trash” 

“Same old Skins” 

all that. I’m talking generic bandwagon cats who love the Yankees and the lakers like they have ever been to a game. You have to know the type they basically are born and die in DC. 

yeah, but all it will take for these people is a rebranding? I could understand the bandwagon aspect if the team started winning regardless of what they were called, but 30 years of "trash" and "garbage" gets wiped clean by a new name and logo?...I don't know how to process that lol...

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

...I don't know how to process that lol...

I think thats cause you are reading way more deep into it than how I mean it to be honest. But if they go 3-13 again then you are probably right. I obviously dont know whats in these peoples hearts lol

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

What caused people to become fans after 1992? I mean, I've never experienced the appeal of garbage lol...

yeah but it’s the same garbage my dad and older brothers liked. 

its the family garbage 

1 hour ago, SB17 said:

What would you think if Dan Snyder announced that the team's new name would be "America's Team"?

it would be completely untrue and I would laugh while hating it and leaving the fan base over such a petty and stupid name 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

Can't wait for the Chiefs, Cleveland Indians, Redskins, Black Hawks, and Braves all change their names, then we can hear about all the racist sports teams that refuse to include or acknowledge Indian heritage!!! :)  

There is no winning with the PC crowd!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

if you think those are the same you must think the Chiefs, 49ers, and Redskins look exactly the same too 

yeah I think these are completely different 

I never said they looked "the same," let alone EXACTLY the same. I don't watch those games and wonder who the Giants and Patriots are while they're playing each other. They look different. But you said COMPLETELY different. Way too many similarities there for that to be the case. 

And that's my whole opinion-based point. I like stark contrast on a football field. I want the colors to clash just as much as the players. I love seeing that burgundy and gold up against that blue and silver ... or that green and white ... or so many other combinations. It just works for me. I'm sure there are many others who couldn't give a crap about that kind of thing, but, what can I say, I've never been one of them. 

Again, it's not just about nostalgia for me. I legitimately love that color combination beyond its ties to the Redskins. I just think it looks regal and, at least within the NFL, unique. The pairings of those two colors can apparently be traced back to ancient Asia, and the combo was meant to symbolize wealth and power (yeah, I googled that). 

In the end, it's all just opinions, though. I get that some want a complete color change. I don't feel that way at all, but if they do go that route, I just think anything red/white/blue is so played out at this point and would be so uninteresting/unimaginative. 

2 hours ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

Can't wait for the Chiefs, Cleveland Indians, Redskins, Black Hawks, and Braves all change their names, then we can hear about all the racist sports teams that refuse to include or acknowledge Indian heritage!!! :)  

There is no winning with the PC crowd!!!! 

Endless cycle lol So it’s ok to have Spartans as a mascot or logo but not Native Americans?  It’s ok to have the Fighting Irish or Demon Deacons or Blue Devils lol 

Look, I understand that Redskins is an insensitive name and changing it is a step in the right direction.  But the folks saying that depicting anything Native American is racist are crazy.  

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Learned Hand said:

I loathe Red Wolves. It has nothing to do with franchise history or tradition. I am perplexed why it has gained so much traction. 

You answered your own question here.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, Patrick Evidente said:

Are Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants fans going to troll with a picture of an empty Redwolves trophy case? Lol.

Who cares? Even Eagles fans have never felt inferior to us in my lifetime, despite our 3 trophies or history, even before their SB win. They've been much better for almost 30 years and know it. NFCE fans say "Redskins" with derision while mocking us as a matter of course.

So I don't think any of it matters when it comes to that. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Patrick Evidente said:

Are Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants fans going to troll with a picture of an empty Redwolves trophy case? Lol.

Umm we don't have a empty case.  It's a rebrand not a expansion team lol. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who cares? Even Eagles fans have never felt inferior to us in my lifetime, due to our 3 trophies or history, even before their SB win. They've been much better for almost 30 years. 

Right, i find it hilarious people find it acceptable to go to our old name and refer to the Boston Braves and our history but refuse to move the redskins records onto another team. 

14 hours ago, wrilbo67 said:

I'm probably the only one who still prefers Red Tails, but Red Wolves has grown on me.

I liked Red Tails too, but does the region have a natural connection to the Tuskeegee Airmen?  Seems like that named should be reserved for an Alabama team.

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

The perfect name is impossible because we are imperfect.  This thread could double in size looking for one.

I'm at hoping for one we can live with and wondering when we'll play again. I'm still feeling Werewolves even if no one else does.

I just want something that is at least a little idiosyncratic and has a solid connection to the region and it's culture.  I don't really want to do a cookie cutter carnivorous animal that any team could do.

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah but it’s the same garbage my dad and older brothers liked. 

its the family garbage 

If you're over 25, your dad and older brother most definitely did not like garbage lol...

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I just want something that is at least a little idiosyncratic and has a solid connection to the region and it's culture.  I don't really want to do a cookie cutter carnivorous animal that any team could do.

There are no wolves in the area because we killed them all. 

The connection to Native Americans is right there as well, but look like they had a lot of respect for wolves as well.

I'm not interested in becoming the New Orleans Pelicans.  Anyone think the Lakers care theres no lakes in LA?

Edited by Renegade7
18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Don't think you'll have to worry about "Redwolves":

Pretty clear that the team hasn't made a move on a trademark for "Redwolves", so that's not in the plans. Might not be Snyder going after "Warriors" either, of course. 

• Thanks 1
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic