Alaskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You really think the first few seasons this is what gets sung and heard on TV? I don't.

Shouldn't take but a few days for some gump to christen a new fight song.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Shouldn't take but a few days for some gump to christen a new fight song.

Possible, I'm just specifically noticing here that a lot of people are evaluating potential names based on how seamlessly they'd fit into the current fight song. I'm simply wondering if that is even gonna happen.

I'm assuming not all teams even have a fight song. Tampa has the cannons for instance. Maybe ours should be left in the past with the name and logo, etc. I'm imagining a (half full at best lol) stadium that just erupts into primal howls as fans go nuts after a score instead of ****izing (damn filter, jon snow-ing!) the classic HTTR fight song to force it to fit. New era, new game day traditions could be cool. I think that it this team ever gets good, 60,000 fans howling together could be intimidating as hell and kind of haunting. I dig that.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

I agree. I wouldn't want to hold on to some watered down version of Hail To the Redskins. If it comes down to that I would rather just not have a fight song 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Coming up with new traditions, songs, celebrations is part of the process. Pretty fun to contemplate.

Getting 60,000+ fans to start howling would be fun. 

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Like 4

Start a new tradition whether it’s redwolves or another name.

We don’t need that song anyway. 

I know this isn’t ever going to happen but I’d like helmet stickers like some college teams do. We’d be the only team that had them and it would be a fun way to keep up with player accomplishments. Ok I’ll leave. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Washington Werewolves is badass.

And night games would be our silver bullet. :silly: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Start a new tradition whether it’s redwolves or another name.

We don’t need that song anyway. 

I know this isn’t ever going to happen but I’d like helmet stickers like some college teams do. We’d be the only team that had them and it would be a fun way to keep up with player accomplishments. Ok I’ll leave. 

Would that even be legal? The NFL loves to ruin everything.  Could see a hefty fine for "bounties"

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Would that even be legal? The NFL loves to ruin everything.  Could see a hefty fine for "bounties"

I didn’t think about that. NFL won’t let them do it, it might cause fun 

5 minutes ago, TK said:

0-9 during full moons at home.

16 minutes ago, TK said:

You never know TK, maybe the name change and new traditions could mean the erasure of old curses and the bad Monday Night Juju. 🙂

We should TOTALLY be the Washington Company Name Slogans.

(Just kidding, I love that werewolves logo.)

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Jonathan Allen apparently supported the name to be Redwolves on his twitch stream.

Trying to embed the tweet but I'm a moron and can't figure it out :silly:

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

..And now it's starting to read like an XFL subreddit around here now, minus the tongue-in-cheek 😒

Edited by Bifflog

Digging the wolf theme:

The Washington Jedi. This way the team would have the Force with them. The other name could be the Washington Skywalkers.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What'd I miss?  Did someone leak the new name?

Nah, not yet.

What’s popular keeps swaying. From Warriors, to Red Tails, now Red Wolves seems to be picking up steam on twitter/reddit.

Keim did a poll on Twitter, Red Wolves leading. Smoot suggested it, Jonathan Allen said he favored it on a twitch stream

• Like 1

This might sound heretic to some, but if we do go with Redwolves, I suggest we switch our main colors to crimson and silver. We can still have some gold trim to make the main two colors “pop”

• Like 3