Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

That RedWolves package has me thinking about ripping up the divorce papers... I gotta say, looks kinda cool and definitely has some connection to NA theme. I hope that doesn't offend anyone

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Agreed.

I'm not even that crazy about the wolf designed into the R.

The Script R alone would stand as a classic logo. But props for the creator coming up with that design to incorporate the Wolf into the R.

just get rid of the claw and ears... maybe one ear

On 7/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Encapsulates just where I'm at too. 

Sadly waiting to move on. 

To quote one of the two greatest English exponents of the arts 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.'

Memory's my friend. They can't take those. 

Hail. 

Gotta say.. that Redwolves package is tight and has a lot of 'Euro feel' to the name. (You are from UK correct??)

I'm feeling a little something

Edited by Bonez3
4 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

I’m really hoping for Red Wolves at this point, I didn’t like Warriors idea too much like Golden State

We can call the new stadium the wolves Den.

Head wolf Chase, bringing pain. A wolf howl, every time we score.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think keeping "Red--" anything is just gonna make it harder for everyone to move on as it's too similar and whatever the verbal equivalent to muscle memory is will kick in. 

But I will admit that it's a little suspicious that Keim is polling the fans, he is pretty close to the team without being overly critical and without being a rumor-monger. He's also well-known to Washington fans but not a national voice who would be likely to pull a ton of opposing teams' fans in on a troll campaign to ruin his results. 

• Like 1

the verse has a Neil Diamond 'so good, so good. so good' potential and corny enough to be fun. 

do-doo-do-doo-do-doo-do-do

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

Edited by Bonez3
2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think keeping "Red--" anything is just gonna make it harder for everyone to move on as it's too similar and whatever the verbal equivalent to muscle memory is will kick in. 

But I will admit that it's a little suspicious that Keim is polling the fans, he is pretty close to the team without being overly critical and without being a rumor-monger. He's also well-known to Washington fans but not a national voice who would be likely to pull a ton of opposing teams' fans in on a troll campaign to ruin his results. 

I agree about the connection and would prefer other options. 

it is odd it came out of nowhere and skyrocketed into the conversation which makes me think there is more to it than we know 

54 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

"uh great, dan", i said to him, "an endorsement of slavery as a social institution"

he said "i was just thinking 'toga party' stuff" and is still considering it

58c05efa1d000037037cd491.jpeg?ops=scalef

This. Is. DC!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I'm feeling a little something

Get your hands out of your pants.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't see that at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm just the opposite... the only chance of me staying is keeping something 'Red' or remotely similar.

Warriors and I'm out... Monuments and I may become a Cowboys fan

I get what you're saying guys, but if you think they're just gonna change it to a two syllable "red--" something type of name and then tweak the fight song and move on...I just have a hard time seeing that. 

You think the NFL finally gets Snyder where they want him and he changes the name, but they're cool airing Washington nationally on Thanksgiving where all the fans predictably sing the old words to the fight song to the entire nation?? That's a bad look and exactly what would happen if we keep a similar name and fight song. Some will do it out of spite, singing it louder than ever, others purely out of habit. I think they're gonna have to develop new gameday traditions, the NFL doesn't want people screaming the old, changed name in unison on national TV lol. 

I agree in a vacuum that Redwolves could lead to some cool logos, mascot, and uniform (if we change those much--I hope we do even if it's next year) changes but I'm just trying to think practically. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

I am really starting to like the red wolves more and more. Probably too much at this point because it is hard to believe it would actually happen. Don’t want to get too connected to any new name option because then will be twice as disappointed when we don’t get keep redskins, we don’t get redwolves and we end up with some other boring option. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Hail to the Redwolves

Hail to victory!

Sons of the Wolfpack

Fight for old DC! 

You really think the first few seasons this is what gets sung and heard on TV? I don't.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We can call the new stadium the wolves Den.

Head wolf Chase, bringing pain. A wolf howl, every time we score.

Nah, Wolf howl for sacks and turnovers. Make that **** fierce.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You really think the first few seasons this is what gets sung and heard on TV? I don't.

The first few seasons will result in people badly fumbling the lyrics, mumbling to themselves, singing the old lyrics by mistake, and a few salty people going with the old song out of spite. It will be as awkward as our redzone offense. 

But someday it could be cool. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic