Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

i just hope we keep the colors.  I like red white and blue but I'm afraid if they went that way we'd look like an XFL team or something.

I think we'll have an answer this week, though.  At least some other big news, like a list of names to vote on.  There's a lot of momentum here.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

You know "cow" isn't gender neutral, right?

it refers to the folks herding the cows though right?

13 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Redtails is a no go for me..why does the name have to focus on a race? Not only that but you are trying to appease the mob by naming the team after african americans..

Yep nothing else about those guys is noteworthy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Redtails is a no go for me..why does the name have to focus on a race? Not only that but you are trying to appease the mob by naming the team after african americans..

Redtails refers to the plane they flew. Not...nevermind. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

Washington Trumpsters

Nope..just name them after some animal or machine so we don't have to listen to people **** about it being racist.

• Haha 1
Just now, lavar1156 said:

Redtails refers to the plane they flew. Not...nevermind. 

Sure it does and who flew those planes?

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

i just hope we keep the colors.  I like red white and blue but I'm afraid if they went that way we'd look like an XFL team or something.

I think we'll have an answer this week, though.  At least some other big news, like a list of names to vote on.  There's a lot of momentum here.

I'm sure the name will take some getting used to but There's no real reason to change the team colors or uniforms unless they want to go full on rebranding/look, etc.

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

it refers to the folks herding the cows though right?

Cow is female.  As is heifer.

Bull is male.  As is steer.

Although, cow has become mostly an asexual term, especially to the non-farmers out there.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Call em the Washington UPS just to piss off Fed-ex

That would be a terrible color scheme on a football field.  Probably as bad as the bumblebee Steelers uniform. 

Just now, sempre_victrix said:

Cow is female.  As is heifer.

Bull is male.  As is steer.

Although, cow has become mostly an asexual term, especially to the non-farmers out there.

smh

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Nope..just name them after some animal or machine so we don't have to listen to people **** about it being racist.

This right here. As the country gets more and more sensitive the team will be revisiting this issue again if the name isn't after animals or inanimate objects. 

6 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I kind of like Washington Rhinos.   🦏

They could still use the helmet with the R.

If they go the animal route it needs to be some badass mythical creatures type ****. Like a Werepanther or a Chimera. Nothing against Rhinos but I'd prefer a unicorn or Ogopogo over one. 

• Jumbo changed the title to The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo pinned this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic