Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My expectation is Warriors and Snyder will pick that so he can change as little as possible, keeping all colors and imagery and wiping his hands of it, thinking it was a job well done. 

and it will continue to hang over the team imo 

To me, the above would be the best-case scenario. Changing the name and nothing else. I've no doubt that won't be enough for many, but if the Chiefs, the Seminoles, the Blackhawks and others can continue with little resistance, I don't see why we couldn't with a new name yet the same NA imagery as part of the ongoing tradition. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, visionary said:

Hmmm, so what are people looking for in a name, if we get a new one? 

Not what name should it be, but what characteristics are important for the name to have? 

And what sorts of names are you less happy about?

It would be good to have some sort of consensus, although I'm not sure how much it will matter in the end. 

Still it would be nice to know if there some names or type of names that could appeal to most of us.

I’d prefer something thst isn’t an animal or a reference to a group of people. Something creative. Senators, monuments, that’s lame. 

also something that doesn’t need a cartoon logo. I guess anything could be this, but think of some iconic or awesome logos. NYY for yankees, a star for cowboys, the word lakers and basketball. The Alabama A, a Clemson paw print. Use a letter for a logo or incorporate DC like the Wiz have. A football combined with a W or something. I   

I don’t want this. this **** looks like a gas station on the side of the interstate 

1543141B-4829-4949-86B2-1CD4EB9C15A6.jpeg.fcb647e7b9e46e3b67ef91f14af4bfdf.jpeg

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I was searching for this thread; especially with all the name change new this week.

Resistance is futile. The change will happen.

I could be down with the Washington Seven of Nines...

DcsOMlgVwAAJXPd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Humorous for sure. 

It's uninformed. It was/is a negative, regardless of what they claimed. 

Reclaimed...Hahaha. 

So other people cannot tell you how to feel about your culture (understandable and agreed), but you can tell others how to feel about theirs. That is a twist I did not see coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
42 minutes ago, a0tmike21 said:

I like the sound of the Washington Red Wolves, there is enough teams named after animals I agree, however there are none related to wolves (which are commonly seen as badass) and Red Wolves are an actual species of wolves that are endangered.  You could also donate money and push for more wildlife conservation of endangered species!  WIN!!!  

Yo Redwolves could be dope! 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

Definitely against Senators

1.  The name is cursed

2. DC doesn’t have any Senators, maybe if DC got statehood it might work

Washington Taxation without Representation 

#HTTTWR

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wrilbo67 said:

Washington Taxation without Representation 

#HTTTWR

It's already on the license plate how much more offical can a nickname be 

46 minutes ago, a0tmike21 said:

I like the sound of the Washington Red Wolves, there is enough teams named after animals I agree, however there are none related to wolves (which are commonly seen as badass) and Red Wolves are an actual species of wolves that are endangered.  You could also donate money and push for more wildlife conservation of endangered species!  WIN!!!  

Aren't there Timberwolves?  I don't dislike the Red Wolves idea though.  

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Aren't there Timberwolves?  I don't dislike the Red Wolves idea though.  

I don’t see why that’s an issue. There is the Carolina Panthers and Florida Panthers, NY Giants and SF Giants, LA Kings and Sacramento Kings. Winnipeg Jets and NY Jets etc. 

If we were to go with an animal (I know some have said they don't want an animal mascot) we could think about what animals are in DC.

https://citywildlife.org/urban-wildlife/area-wildlife/

Just now, max21 said:

I don’t see why that’s an issue. There is the Carolina Panthers and Florida Panthers, NY Giants and SF Giants, LA Kings and Sacramento Kings. Winnipeg Jets and NY Jets etc. 

I know. But they said there weren't any wolves teams, so I was just putting that out there, lol.

I did notice some have called for a unique name that can't be confused with others.  Although there are a lot of sports teams out there.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

What about...

Washington Skins?

Much like the Tampa Bay Devil Ray's went to Tampa Rays?

That's not gonna do it lol, everyone is gonna know what we're doing there

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

What about...

Washington Skins?

Much like the Tampa Bay Devil Ray's went to Tampa Rays?

And the mascot/logo would be?

Edited by visionary
24 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

I thought the Red Devils might be cool, keep the colors too

Not a good idea. GHH's head would explode and I would feel bad for laughing for three days straight. 

• Haha 1

This is more than likely a cash grab via rebranding and people are gonna eat it up 

still a clown show. Just with a different name and a bunch of new merchandise sales

congrats snyder. Figured out another way to destroy everything in the name of a buck

• Jumbo changed the title to The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo pinned this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic