Alaskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

The more they continue this nonsense, the more people will get tired.lolol Let them continue with this while we kickback and watch it all blow up in their faces.

• Like 2

Now this isn't exactly Redskins related, but I think/hope we can all be glad that a world court has ruled this very, very questionable tradition to be offensive. There's certainly much more legitimate claims here than anything in our entire team's history(Save maybe the fight song pre-change)

http://mashable.com/2014/07/03/black-pete/

BronXIICcAEaHUr.jpg

The European brand of racism is still the worst racism IMO

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

Now the PC Activists are going after US Military Helicopters and other equipment with NA Names as homage (Washington Redskins reference):

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/381813/why-cant-they-name-attack-helicopters-after-hippies-ian-tuttle

See I think this is where they start hurting their case a bit. Now it just looks like they are on a crusade against anything Native American related.

See I think this is where they start hurting their case a bit. Now it just looks like they are on a crusade against anything Native American related.

they are

Post makes no sense without quotes...lol

Edited by Dallsux

The only Natives that find the word "Redskin" offensive are the ones that are on a crusade against anything NA related, or those who have been duped by those people into believing the false "red scalp" origin of the term.

Hogs Haven has a newer one up too. http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/7/3/5866953/three-candidates-for-replacing-the-redskins-nickname-or-why-warriors

But I don't agree with the author. He also leaves out the choice of no-name which is getting more popular.

The comments section is the best.

Man, has that place gone down hill quickly since Kevin Ewoldt handed it over hasn't it :lol: .

How is "Hogs" (or Red Hogs) not even on there under suggestions. 

Now this isn't exactly Redskins related, but I think/hope we can all be glad that a world court has ruled this very, very questionable tradition to be offensive. There's certainly much more legitimate claims here than anything in our entire team's history(Save maybe the fight song pre-change)

http://mashable.com/2014/07/03/black-pete/

Her face is black because it matches the jersey she is wearing. Just like Chief Wahoo.

(But seriously, what the hell is wrong with Dutch people?)

PS

I just did a google image search of Black Pete and I now want someone to try to make that a tradition in the US. Perhaps in a Borat-like movie.

black-pete-santa-2012-e1354653586302.jpe

• Like 1

That is one scary looking woman.  And she would be even scarier without the blackface.

• Like 1

I just did a google image search of Black Pete and I now want someone to try to make that a tradition in the US. Perhaps in a Borat-like movie.

I look at these all these dutch women in blackface & envision an Its Always Sunny Xmas special where Sweet Dee ends up dressed as Zwart Piet.

Colorful-Piet-zoom.nl-photo.jpg

I'm all for protests, but Colorful Pete is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

Off topic, sorta...but Ann Coulter owned UnWise Mike:

I don't like Ann Coulter at all, but I thought this was cool.

I don't see how she got the better of Wise, which is really saying something because he might be the easiest target in the media.

• Like 1

I look at these all these dutch women in blackface & envision an Its Always Sunny Xmas special where Sweet Dee ends up dressed as Zwart Piet.

I was trying to figure out what this was reminding me of....Thanks!

tumblr_mvj7a6iTvw1rf1esyo4_250.png

And the fall of the PC tirade led by Blackhorse and Wise continues...lol Once they reverse the trademark thing it's a wrap.

This is true, although they'll keep recruiting more pods, and this will continue to be our 'Groundhogs Day' every 10 years. May it soon not see it's own shadow.

I started to agree, until I got to the names they suggested.

Edited by BleedBNG

Adam Carolla on Redskins Controversy:  “This Is About White People Feeling Better About Themselves”

Few quotes that stuck out:  

We focus on something that really is not going to affect this community at all and it's a struggling community and again, we do this with many struggling communities. We pick out one thing, we go super hard on it, we focus like a laser beam, we focus on it and then we act like if this somehow works, all will be right in that community. It's not going to affect that community at all. How do I know? It's been done. It's a million high schools that have gone from the Warriors to the Bullfrogs or the Comanches to the whatever. It's not helping that community.

Are there more, problem white people, offended by it than there are Native Americans? Yes. Thus, it becomes a way for us to feel better about ourselves for what we've done to these people. But if we really wanted to help these people there are 700,000 modalities we should explore before a professional franchise changes their name.”

Rest at the Link: http://politicsinformer.com/382251/carolla-on-redskins-controversy-this-is-about-white-people-feeling-better-about-themselves/

• Like 6

Now it looks that way? Cultural appropriation, we should all know what this is by now.

Adam Carolla on Redskins Controversy:  “This Is About White People Feeling Better About Themselves”

True; however, I keep seeing that it's mostly white people crying about it.  To be fair, I see black analysts like Michael Smith and Michael Wilbon on ESPN whine about it too.  Now that I think about it.....it's all Mikes and Michaels crying about it?  Coincidence?  Or could it be........Aliens?

Edited by War Paint
  • Like 3

Now it looks that way? Cultural appropriation, we should all know what this is by now.

Of course it is, but that argument is far harder to sell than it is horrible the Washington football team is named the "R word, which is just like the N word", or might be worse "because it refers to the bloody scalps".  I think it is a more interesting conversation, but I also believe the general public is going to find the case that it is inappropriate to sell Land O' Lakes butter with the image of an attractive NA woman far less compelling.

Edited by RedskinsFan44

Saw the article below and it got me to thinking.  If the chief would go for it this would be a great solution and a truly devious one.... If they are demanding a name change lets give them one.  With the chief's blessing below let's become the Potomac Redskins. Drop the Washington, keep the Redskins because the chief and that tribe are fine with it.  Who could complain?  It's endorsed and signed off by these particular native Americans.

The article just has it backwards.  It'd be a heck of a kick in the teeth.

http://spectator.org...dskins-after-us

Hail to the Potomacs? If the owner of the Redskins wants to put the controversy over his team name to rest while keeping a Native American theme, he’ll likely have one local tribe’s blessing.

“I was just telling my wife the other day, ‘Why don’t we write to Dan Snyder and suggest changing the name to the Washington Potomacs?” said John Lightner, chief of the Patawomeck tribe of Virginia.

The Patawomecks (or Potomacs), native people of the region, gave their name to the river that flows through Washington, D.C.

• Like 3

I'm confused then. You said Snyder is prepping Warriors, Bang asked where you heard this, you question if he knows Snyder's intentions and then admit that neither of you do when you were the only one claiming to know them to begin with.

Untrue. I never claimed to be inside Snyder's head.

Snyder has sought to protect the Warrior name. Do you actually think that Snyder, and his reps, are not considering alternatives and "fall back" positions?

Did you see the recent statement by Cerrato that Snyder might accept a new name if the NFL helps him in a new stadium deal?

Edited by planter

Bang,

I understand economics. My first job was with the U.S. Department of Commerce. I've been paid by Merrill Lynch to help write a handbook for their "account executives". I retired comfortably at age 51.

The Skins are slo.o.owly losing the PR wars: generally the further fom D.C. the worse it is.

Snyder is not universally loved including D.C area. While making a lot of cash from fans the team is performing poorly; at times becoming laughingstocks.

Snyder's recalcitance is bringing "unwanted attention" to the NFL including but but limited to,the Kansas City Chiefs and the Seattle Seahawks.

The Seahawks Owner is worth 14b!

Edited by planter

Untrue. I never claimed to be inside Snyder's head.

Snyder has sought to protect the Warrior name. Do you actually think that Snyder, and his reps, are not considering alternatives and "fall back" positions?

Well look man, I don't want to get into an argument but you said you keep hearing that he is prepping Warriors but really you just threw that out there.

Bang,

I understand economics. My first job was with the U.S. Department of Commerce. I've been paid by Merrill Lynch to help write a handbook for their "account executives". I retired comfortably at age 51.

The Skins are slo.o.owly losing the PR wars: generally the further fom D.C. the worse it is.

Snyder is not universally loved including D.C area. While making a lot of cash from fans the team is performing poorly; at times becoming laughingstocks.

Snyder's recalcitance is bringing "unwanted attention" to the NFL including but but limited to,the Kansas City Chiefs and the Seattle Seahawks.

The Seahawks Owner is worth 14b!

planter, I haven't read all the posts here so I might be misinterpreting your opinion, but it sounds like you believe that it's only Snyder resisting the change and that it's all his fault this is happening.  The league doesn't want the name changed either.  From my understanding, the league has paid for all of the Redskins legal fees in regards to this subject.  We are one of the biggest cash cows in the league.  The league doesn't want to mess with that.

• Like 2

Well look man, I don't want to get into an argument but you said you keep hearing that he is prepping Warriors but really you just threw that out there.

Jon Stewart's show? He mocked Snyder's attempts to legally protect his interest in the "Warriors".

In this very forum a Warriors logo has been half-jesting, placed on Skins helmets/shirts.C'mon?

This 50+ year fan says our fall back is to find more respectful NA-related name BUT keep the logo , the fight song, and our GREAT history.

Even more, I want the return of winning ways and the "Braves on the warpath" and the Hogs...

Edited by planter