Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Guest Spearfeather

Anybody who dared to question Dodson's Native cred would have been shredded here in May.

Anyone who dismisses these peoples' opinion, should be shredded for the remainder of the calendar year, and beyond.

It doesnt bother me, Robert Green, the chief of the Patawomeck Tribe, told Woody. About 98 percent of my tribe is Redskins fans, and it doesnt offend them, either

Im a Redskins fan, and I dont think theres any intention for (the nickname) to be derogatory, said Kevin Brown, chief of the Pamunkey Tribe.

The majority of the people in my tribe dont have a problem with it

I dont have an issue with it, said G. Anne Richardson, chief of the Rappahannock Tribe. There are so many more issues that are important for the tribe than to waste time on what a team is called

Anybody who dared to question Dodson's Native cred would have been shredded here in May.

Your point gets shredded every time you try to say anything of substance on the topic, which is never as of late.

Tell me.

In your mind does this one clown discount the opinion of the rest of the NA population?

~Bang

I ask again,

~Bang

OK, so throw his opinion out for being a liar and a compromised charlatan.

we could trade prisoners, if you will. UnWise Mike is also a known liar who made up headlines to generate discussion for his failing radio show, and he's every bit a douchebag as this chief appears to be.

Now, how many natives still think its' not offensive?

~Bang

All we know is 691 Native Americans approve of the name out of about 5 million.

Ah, the attempt to try to claim that a random selection of people for a survey just happened to pick 90% people who said X, but that 100% of the people not picked say Y.

Math's not your strong suit, is it?

Your point gets shredded every time you try to say anything of substance on the topic, which is never as of late.

Tell me.

In your mind does this one clown discount the opinion of the rest of the NA population?

~Bang

I ask again,

~Bang

No way. Those 90% approvers are a passionate majority. I just wonder why they couldn't locate a 90%er from Ashburn. Leave it to Redskins PR to capitalize on a 10% chance of screwing up.

we could trade prisoners, if you will. UnWise Mike is also a known liar who made up headlines to generate discussion for his failing radio show, and he's every bit a douchebag as this chief appears to be.

~Bang

This is only relevant if they asked all five million.

And what is interesting is even though they did not ask all five million, of the ones they did ask, a scant handful said "yes", while an overwhelming majority said "no".

Seems to me this groundswell of correct thinking people that are so intent on telling people what is offensive could easily satisfy the question and ask them all. You know, find out what the people they claim to represent actually want.

I've got time to wait for the full answer.

After all, five million isn't really THAT large of a number when compared to wanting to see justice done... unless they're not sure the answer is one they want to hear.

~Bang

~Bang

You should check out what is and what is not an accurate way to take a poll.

Or post your own, since you question the annenberg poll so vehemently.

Surely you have some data to back up your skepticism.

Actually, I asked you this same question two pages ago when you took issue with the poll, and you didn't answer- not me or anyone else- so I won't hold my breath.

All I ask is if you're going to post, then take part in the discussion. Your drive bys aren't doing anything productive.

No way. Those 90% approvers are a passionate majority. I just wonder why they couldn't locate a 90%er from Ashburn. Leave it to Redskins PR to capitalize on a 10% chance of screwing up.

Well, we did hire Rex.

dang duplicate

~Bang

Tell me.

~Bang

I ask again,

~Bang

No way. Those 90% approvers are a passionate majority. I just wonder why they couldn't locate a 90%er from Ashburn. Leave it to Redskins PR to capitalize on a 10% chance of screwing up.

thanks, that's reasonable, and yes, it is frustrating that the guy they hang their hat on is a goof.

~Bang

I just want all of you to know...that if you, your children, or any of your friends have ever dressed up like a Ninja - you are a racist. Afterall...dressing up like a warrior from another culture is demeaning, derogatory, and is offensive (so says UnWise Mike, Dan Graziano, the entire ESPN cast, Suzan Harjo, and the rest of the separatists crying about our mascot / fans in N.A. Warrior dress).

...#21 rip.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/native-american-chief-used-defend-redskins-nickname-may-223849455.html

Turns out Dodson may not even be a Natuve American, according to this report.

That's embarassing. Has anyone been fired over this? I'm not commenting on the name change debate just this incident in particular. They trot out an Eagles fan (bad enough) claiming to speak for native Americans, and even Goodell is referencing it, only to have it blow up in their faces. Is this guy just a fraud or is he a troll? I have to admit that if he trolled the skins he pulled off a classic. This is a story The Onion would find too outlandish.

I have to think Snyder was furious when he found out about this.

That's embarassing. Has anyone been fired over this?

The interview w/ Dodson was still live on Redskins.com as of 5:00pm yesterday, a full 24 hrs after McKenna's story broke. Chad Dukes was having a field day w/ that last night.

Dukes is pro keep the name, but he went off for 20 mins about how much this incident reeks of the pre ShanAllen era. The fact that nobody at the Park had thought to remove the story a day after the fact is a shame.

Just saw this from Fri, a satirist piece from Drew Magary.

http://deadspin.com/the-time-has-come-for-dan-snyder-to-change-his-name-599762159

This is proof that Snyder doesn't mess w/ the content on ESPN980 radio here in DC, as people once feared he would when he bought the station. Magary is (or at least was) a regular guest on the Sports Reporters and other programs on the station.

Just saw this from Fri, a satirist piece from Drew Magary.

http://deadspin.com/the-time-has-come-for-dan-snyder-to-change-his-name-599762159

This is proof that Snyder doesn't mess w/ the content on ESPN980 radio here in DC, as people once feared he would when he bought the station. Magary is (or at least was) a regular guest on the Sports Reporters and other programs on the station.

for as much heat as Snyder takes and has taken on 980 from pretty much everyone BUT Larry Michael over the years,, i think the only way anyone would think Dan tries to control what is on the air is to simply never listen and just assume.

I remember we all thought that would be the case when he bought up stations and started Red Zebra, but he's allowed them all their opinions, good and bad.

Kudos to him for that.

(While a guy like Riggo would disagree, the fact was his show sucked, and most of the time would devolve into talking about drinking. I still love John Riggins, but I don't think his beef with Snyder is what got him fired.)

(and speaking of Mr. Michael..  people will throw cabbage at me, but I like the guy.)

~Bang

The sad thing is that the Redskins name controversy is no more than a cop out and diversion.  There are real issues that have been undealt with for decades.

Agreed. I'm sure if you ask the Native Americans, having sports teams named after them is the least of their worries.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that the opinions of right-wing political pundits aren't helping.

Nor are left-wing, since both exist on either extreme of the issue. Limbaugh was doing a McNabb impersonation with how bad he missed the mark.

Archived