Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

What about Redhawks? Then we could keep everything else the same.

That is just hanging on in my opinion.

If the name is forced to change, you change the colors and re-boot the franchise without any Native American themes

You deal with the 5-10 year long backlash and hope the play on the field keeps people coming 

• Like 1

Congratulations stupid Native American and liberal groups. We can now change our name and the failures of Native American society can once again become an after thought. 

It's incredible to me that PC NAs are winning instead of people who could have leveraged the Redskins and teams like them to bring more resources and awareness of the challenges in those communities. 

If I'm Dan Snyder and I'm forced to change this name, I move forward totally ignoring the plight of Native Americans in this country. Great outcome, PC crowd.

• Like 3

What about "Pigskins".

- Can keep the colors

- Can keep the fightsong

- We can still call them the "Skins" (which most of the fanbase does anyway)

- Honors history of "hogs" with this franchise.

- We could officially have a "hog-pen" or "pig-pen" area in the stands... like Cleveland's "dogpound".

I'm also okay with a nickname having to do with the history of DC (like Nationals or Capitals). But it would take a long time before I could get used to saying anything but GO SKINS!

• Like 1

This cancellation means very little, for the time being. It's just another straw on the camel's back. The league will continue to employ the name and imagery, print merch, etc. trademark or not.

A sponsor pull is the only event remaining before the wheels of change are set in motion imo.  

I'm making homemade Redskins gear as we speak!!   Taking requests.

Well, actually you can now and you can sell it. Since the name is no longer trademarked, any Joe Schmo can make and sell Redskins gear.

Edited by MattFancy

What about "Pigskins".

- Can keep the colors

- Can keep the fightsong

- We can still call them the "Skins" (which most of the fanbase does anyway)

- Honors history of "hogs" with this franchise.

- We could officially have a "hog-pen" or "pig-pen" area in the stands... like Cleveland's "dogpound".

I'm also okay with a nickname having to do with the history of DC (like Nationals or Capitals). But it would take a long time before I could get used to saying anything but GO SKINS!

I like this.

Oh, it's imminent.  Snyder needs to just say "Ok, let's change it" or it's just gonna get worse and worse.

The only way this truly affects me is if active players start to resent the name and stop being proud of the organization they play for.  That's what Snyder needs to stay ahead of.

That is just hanging on in my opinion.

If the name is forced to change, you change the colors and re-boot the franchise without any Native American themes

You deal with the 5-10 year long backlash and hope the play on the field keeps people coming 

Yeah true, but at least nothing would change that much.

I think if we do end up going away from the NA imagery, we go with the Senators. The name does have history here in the area with the old Washington Senators baseball team. I think it would be cool if they went with Red/White/Blue like the other teams in the city.

It's gonna be hard picking a new nickname.

Mostly because some of the better names are already gone.    Like the Patriots.

Then the Generals, which would work, had it not been for the Globetrotters whipping them for the past 40 years.

The Freedom, Liberties, Power, etc all sound like MLS or WNBA team names.

The Warriors?  maybe, but it's pretty close to Native Americans.  Do we want to sniff that at all anymore?

The Red Tails?  More race relatable crap.

The Washington Football Senators kind of works.    

This cancellation means very little, for the time being. It's just another straw on the camel's back. The league will continue to employ the name and imagery, print merch, etc. trademark or not.

A sponsor pull is the only event remaining before the wheels of change are set in motion imo.  

I dunno, this is pretty big deal. Now anyone can print and sell Redskins gear. I could go and buy a bunch of t-shirts and put the Redskins logo on it and sell them and there is nothing the league or team could do to stop me. That's a pretty big blow to the team and league that they can't control the sale of merchandise.

You all realize that even if Snyder changes the name, we're still going to get hate from Washington Post, Pro Football Talk, and the Democrats.

"Why didn't you change it sooner"

"You were the team with the racist name for 80 years"

"GPM was your owner"

This is never going to end. Next they will push to remove all Redskins history from the hall of fame and NFL Films.

It's going to happen.

• Jumbo changed the title to The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo pinned this topic
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic