stoney26

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Ruth already one of the best characters in TV history?

I like her but I feel they try too hard with her.  It's rare you get a sentence from her without a cuss word in it.  The actress that plays her is fantastic though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I like her but I feel they try too hard with her.  It's rare you get a sentence from her without a cuss word in it.  The actress that plays her is fantastic though.

glad i'm not alone in that feeling.

less is more with her character, but they keep giving you more.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Ozark is nothing like Breaking Bad and never ever tries to be anything like Breaking Bad.

Watched first 2 episodes of season 3 yesterday and it picks up fast and is really good already.  If I didn't have a 5 year old I would watch the entire rest of the season today.

Watched up to 7 episodes last night and had to go to sleep since it was 5 am in the morning...lol

As for Ruth I understand why the excessive use of cus words as it is how her character is built, but I don't mind it. I really do like her acting though. I was just thinking last night that she could easily be the lead character on the show as well. She carries herself well despite some of the flaws of that character. 

Edited by zskins

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

it's fun to watch some of the old westerns on the "old shows" channels

aside the well-known oft-viewed classics like gunsmoke, the rifleman, rawhide, wagon train, and later hits like maverick  or laredo, i recommend in particular sampling have gun will travel with richard boone as paladin  and steve mcqueen's wanted:dead or alive :)

Heh,  my dad still watches shows like Gunsmoke and The Rifleman to this day. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Heh,  my dad still watches shows like Gunsmoke and The Rifleman to this day. 

i saw a handful of episodes over time but never did most of those 50's/early 60's series to any degree

my faves growing up were maverick, daniel boone, big valley  (audra barkley being a huge early crush), laredo, hondo, cheyenne, and of course f troop :D

• Like 1

I like that a lot of those older shows haven't gone away completely.. Frankly I find myself watching more of that on channels like TCM, because damn near all of what I used to watch, was overrun by low cost, max profit nonsense.

Posted (edited)

Well that was an interesting ending to Ozark season 3. When does Season 4 comes out? :)

Edited by zskins

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

She was pretty solid on her run in The Americans, too.

I feel like they made her cuss more in this season though, she's a little over the top...but I agree, she's tremendous.

• Like 1

You know with the coronavirus either delaying or canceling, the production of the remaining episodes left to be filmed this season;  this will also impact next season.  There will be a delay in producing new episodes of returning shows and a delay in production of new shows.

Well, if you're going to do older shows, I recommend The Twilight Zone which is on Netflix.

And, if you're stoned, maybe a couple episodes of Dragnet.

• Like 1

Yeah going to have to watch some older shows or catch up on some that i haven't seen yet. At least The Blacklist is back on the air. 

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know with the coronavirus either delaying or canceling, the production of the remaining episodes left to be filmed this season;  this will also impact next season.  There will be a delay in producing new episodes of returning shows and a delay in production of new shows.

Yeah but with all the streaming platforms that have older shows along with original content, there is a plethora of shows/movies to watch.  Not to mention shows one has already watched with high replay value (e.g. The Wire, The Shield, 24, etc.).  

I watch a **** ton of TV and there is more than enough out there I haven't watched to get me by for a really long time.  Even if this impacts the industry like the writers strike did a long time ago, I think the surplus of content now is more than enough while they get caught back up eventually.

21 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah but with all the streaming platforms that have older shows along with original content, there is a plethora of shows/movies to watch.  Not to mention shows one has already watched with high replay value (e.g. The Wire, The Shield, 24, etc.).  

I watch a **** ton of TV and there is more than enough out there I haven't watched to get me by for a really long time.  Even if this impacts the industry like the writers strike did a long time ago, I think the surplus of content now is more than enough while they get caught back up eventually.

True. Plenty if shows to catch up on or watch shows you have never watched. I’ve only done that with current shows.

I’ve been watching more movies though. Since I can’t go to theater, I’ll just watch a flick at home.

• Like 1

liked season 3 of ozark much more than season 2, not quite at season's 1 level

they're building something that could be special. I hope they have a plan to stick the landing, whenever it happens

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

^ [Cough] TWD [Cough]

I kinda saw what was coming for the TWD before it happened. The source material for TWD had no ending when it began and the author originally stated he had no plans to end the comic. That changed and he ended it a year or so ago. I checked out of TWD around season 5 or 6 and have no desire to get back

19 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i saw a handful of episodes over time but never did most of those 50's/early 60's series to any degree

my faves growing up were maverick, daniel boone, big valley  (audra barkley being a huge early crush), laredo, hondo, cheyenne, and of course f troop :D

bonanza was always my favorite 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

liked season 3 of ozark much more than season 2, not quite at season's 1 level

they're building something that could be special. I hope they have a plan to stick the landing, whenever it happens

Glad to hear that.  I loved season one, and felt very underwhelmed by season 2.  I may start season 3 today.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I kinda saw what was coming for the TWD before it happened. The source material for TWD had no ending when it began and the author originally stated he had no plans to end the comic. That changed and he ended it a year or so ago. I checked out of TWD around season 5 or 6 and have no desire to get back

I binged the back half of last season and the first half of this season. Last season seemed good enough to keep my interest after the first half killed it, but this season has been SyFy quality (that may be an insult to SyFy as they have had magnificent shows like The Expanse and Dark Matter)

I think every show needs an exit strategy. I mean, at the end, it's still writing, and as a pseudo writer, I feel like with every story, you must know how it ends, to build a sort of symmetrical progression/all roads inevitably end here kind of deal.

They've been spinning their wheels for awhile now, killing off their best actors and the others leaving the show.. the acting,  writing, etc is really not up to the standard they initially set. And after 5 years, the "We're in the DC area" is really starting to bother me. They're clearly in GA, and this  area would've provided a host of storyline possibilities,  were they actually here

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

I felt like Mad Men had a poor ending (not because it was a happy ending for Don) and could have kept going.  I wanted to see how those characters handled the 70s.  

On 3/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, Jumbo said:

and of course f troop :D

F Troop was the shizzle. :) 

I'm 5 episodes into season 3 of Ozark and think it's fantastic.  We're going to watch 2-3 more tonight and most likely wrap it up tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm 5 episodes into season 3 of Ozark and think it's fantastic.  We're going to watch 2-3 more tonight and most likely wrap it up tomorrow.

Season finale was awesome!  Can't wait for season 4.