Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

The wife and I just started watching the Killing (from AMC). Only 4 episodes in and its great. I understand new epidsodes start in June.

I am about 15 episodes in on Arrested Development. Its pretty good. Some really funny stuff and a few eps that arent as good but overall, solid.

Netflix is the best value in the country. great stuff.

• 3 months later...

Most of the new network shows look awful.

I have high hopes for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  and Fox's Almost Human.

Not sure if this is on demand on Netflix or anywhere..but if you like British shows, I would definitely recommend the original Life on Mars. I think it ran 2 seasons..16 episodes.

Currently watching The Wire. Yes its an older show, but since it was HBO and it wasn't nearly as possible as The Sopranos (even when I had HBO, for some reason I never tuned in) I think alot of people may have missed it.

How are you watching the wire. Meaning what service?

I'm currently watching Mad Men. Still on season one. I'm not eating it up the same way I did SOA and Breaking Bad but it's good. Lots of other shows on my DVR that take up most of my TV time.

I think the only time I watch live TV anymore is when I'm watching a sporting event.

How are you watching the wire. Meaning what service?

I'm currently watching Mad Men. Still on season one. I'm not eating it up the same way I did SOA and Breaking Bad but it's good. Lots of other shows on my DVR that take up most of my TV time.

I think the only time I watch live TV anymore is when I'm watching a sporting event.

I'm currently watching The Wire as well.  S2 Ep 2 up next.  I borrowed from a friend who has the series on DVD. 

Not sure about other providers, but HBO's OnDemand lineup on DirecTV is awesome.  As far as I can tell, it's every episode of every series they've ever done, new or old.  The Wire, Oz, Band of Brothers, Sopranos, Game of Thrones...everything.  I'll be ordering it for a month or two soon to watch S3 of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.

Ok Pez and I are addicted to Son's of Anarchy, Falling Skies, Dexter (but this season is lack luster), and we just finished Game of Thrones S3 last night.  WOW great show no wonder everyone told us to watch it. 

We are getting ready to catch up on the White Queen ( supposedly similar to Game of Thrones)

Our other shows we watch but not as addicted is

Under the Bridge

Elementary

CSI

Hawaii 5 O (we need to catch up on this one too)

Face Off

Hell's Kitchen/ Masterchef

The Dome

Are we missing any other good series?

Ok Pez and I are addicted to Son's of Anarchy, Falling Skies, Dexter (but this season is lack luster), and we just finished Game of Thrones S3 last night.  WOW great show no wonder everyone told us to watch it. 

We are getting ready to catch up on the White Queen ( supposedly similar to Game of Thrones)

Our other shows we watch but not as addicted is

Under the Bridge

Elementary

CSI

Hawaii 5 O (we need to catch up on this one too)

Face Off

Hell's Kitchen/ Masterchef

The Dome

Are we missing any other good series?

Breaking Bad and Mad Men. I know everybody says those two but they really are classics and set the bar for TV series in terms of acting, writing, character depth and production values. Both are on Netflix streaming too so easy to catch up on. 

I've been watching Warehouse 13 on SyFy from the beginning. Last episodes are in January. I live the history and artifact angles.

Plus Allison Scagliotti has gotten ridiculously hotter as the show has gone on. I'm glad that they got a reprieve for a Season 5..but only 6 episodes blows.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Plus Allison Scagliotti has gotten ridiculously hotter as the show has gone on. I'm glad that they got a reprieve for a Season 5..but only 6 episodes blows.

Yes, Allison has "grown up" from being a teenager.  Joanne Kelly isn't bad to look at either.  Nor the British woman that plays HG Wells.