Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I like Preacher, but it seems kind of disjointed a lot of the time.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. The pacing is all over the map. It'll be glacial for a while, then it'll turn into a zany gorefest on a dime.

I like that it keeps me on my toes though.

Knew I recognized him!  Cassidy, the Preacher's sidekick (Joe Gilgun), was in This is England 10 years ago.  Gilgun was magnificent in that film, one of the best movies I've ever seen.

this-is-england-2.jpg

Edited by Chew

You should read the graphic novel. Much better..but I'm giving the show some time to improve. It's been slooooooow so far.

I'd heard they're doing a kinda slow burn to the beginning of the actual source material. That said, they've already introduced Arseface & Saint of Killers in the first two shows. I'm thinking Arseface didn't show up until somewhere after issue 6-8ish?

But seriously though..if you like sci-fi and aren't watching 12 monkeys..shame on you. And watch season 1 of the Expanse damnit.

I ran through the first season of Killjoys the other day on In Demand & kept getting ads for the return of the Expanse. It like going through withdrawals wishing the Expanse was back on. That's probably the best show SyFy has done since Galatica.

The Americans.  Can't get hyped enough.  Just realized I've got the season finale from last night on my DVR at home, can't wait to go home and watch it after work.  That show is unbelievable, I can't figure out why it doesn't get more attention than it does.  

• Like 1

I'm liking 12 Monkeys, good call on that one.  Have to wait for the Expanse to come out on Prime or Hulu.  The life of a cable cutter is a year behind popular culture it would seem.  Oh well.

I have to add, Dr. Railly is like having Felicity from Arrow only with a brain.  She's smoking hot, normal and with those librarian glasses?  OMFG

Edited by KAOSkins

People keep talking about The Americans. Read a description of the story, sounds interesting. Is it cable or Netflix?

It's an FX show & the season just ended. Previous seasons are on Netflix while this last season should be available on InDemand depending on your cable provider. I know it's on Cox, not sure if FX has it on their site/app or not though.

Ok if anyone watched 12 monkeys last night I have a question...in spoiler, below.

What was the deal with Cole showing back up at Jennifer Goine's door right after he left her for 2044? Is this something that we have already seen or is it a setup for the next episode?

This show is going deeper and deeper into it's own mythology. It's a must watch for me these days.

Saw that show pop up as something I might watch. Certainly will check it out. Thanks.

First show kinda starts with how the first season ends then goes back to set it all up. I thought it was a little slow at the start but damn you get sucked into it.
  • Like 1

Ok if anyone watched 12 monkeys last night I have a question...in spoiler, below.

This show is going deeper and deeper into it's own mythology. It's a must watch for me these days.

It's set up for the next episode. This show is great!

David Morrissey (Governor from Walking Dead) to be the lead in BBC's Season 2 of "The Missing."  http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-missing-season-2-david-morrissey-keeley-hawes-1201709061/  

Season 1 is at a 96% rating on rotten.  It's only an 8 episode show, so you could knock it out in a weekend if you wanted to.  

James Nesbitt, Frances O'Connor, Tcheky Karyo, Jason Flemyng

You can't watch this 2-minute trailer and not be interested.

Edited by Chew

• 2 weeks later...

At least it wasn't a network cancellation

3 seasons is short but I respect a writer saying the story is over

agreed. it was a good run and they took it out on top instead of running it into the ground like HBO did true blood

Did you watch Banshee by any chance?! it was only 3 seasons as well I believe. awesome show.

agreed. it was a good run and they took it out on top instead of running it into the ground like HBO did true blood

Did you watch Banshee by any chance?! it was only 3 seasons as well I believe. awesome show.

i didnt

I will add it to the list ;)