Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

...Rami Malek plays a character who shows up on screen with a flat affect most of the time.  The only other role I've seen played in a

similar way and with the same genius is title  character of Rainman.  Yes I said it  Malek is throwing down  with Dustin Hoffman level mastery.  When you've got that going on in a show maaaaaaaaaaaaan....

Um... complaints, criticisms... nah.

velocet

Agreed. Mr. Robot was utterly fantastic. Can't recommend the show enough. And for those who are watching, and haven't finished, watch all the way through the credits at the end of the finale. Mind. Blown.

Narcos was great too.

We have really enjoyed The **** Executioner on Fx here during a marathon watch over the past weekend while the Lady was sick and the step-kids at their dad's house.

She likes:  The Affair and  TWD and Olive Kitteredge and Masters of Sex too.  We also finally got caught up on Black Sails.  Game of Thrones cant get here fast enough.

Orphan Black, Downton Abbey, Vikings, and Penny Dreadful get honorable mention.

What will be interesting is if CBS allows for Supergirl crossovers with Flash and/or Arrow and/or Legends of Tomorrow. It won't happen til Season 2..but still.

I agree, and in this age of merging superheros in the movies, Arrow/Flash crossover and such, one would hope CBS allows it next season.  To me, people would be interested.

Most all of cable TV (except for pay channels --HBO / Cinemax / Showtime / Starz / etc -- and they even own each other) is owned by Network TV and Network TV is owned by huge parent companies like COMCAST which owns NBC Universal.  Hollywood is the same way.  It is a huge mega corporate conglomerate that if you trace back all the intellectual property is owned by just a few.

Cross-overs wouldn't be a big deal if the big mega companies like Viacom (CBS) and COMCAST (NBC) and Disney (ABC) would do business together.  Among owned subsidiaries within each shell it wouldn't / shouldn't be a problem.

All of those big three run Hollywood.  O no real need to mention FOX / 20th Century or MGM for these comments as they are small potatos and their interests are heavily leveraged.

Edited by Event_Horizon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished IZombie season 1 on Netflix.

Thought it was really good, although the lack of communication between some of the leads and ignoring some characters got on my nerves later in the season. Still very engaging show, funny, interesting and the ending for season 1 was pretty wild.

Master of None is good.

The netflix standup specials from Anthony Jeselnik and Jenna Kirkman are also outstanding.  Jeselnik's special is one of the best I've ever seen.

I happened to randomly wake up to Jeselnik's special playing one night, a couple of jokes later, I was wide awake laughing.

The Man in the High Castle and Jessica Jones is available today.  Just watched the first 2 episodes of Jessica Jones, pretty good.

how "mature" is jessica jones?  my immature 8th grade daughter LOVES comic books, and it'd be nice to have one that is focused on a woman, and focused a bit on real world issues,.... as long as it isn't too much .. 

how "mature" is jessica jones?  my immature 8th grade daughter LOVES comic books, and it'd be nice to have one that is focused on a woman, and focused a bit on real world issues,.... as long as it isn't too much .. 

Well, there are 2-3 sex scenes. Overlook that, an I think it would be O.K. You may want to watch it first to make sure nothing is there.

They talk about rape a lot and there are some sex scenes but I don't think you can actually see any erogenous zones. Comic books are pervier. The violence is standard fare for the most part, but there are a couple of gruesome scenes. It's kind of unsettling to see men beat up women though, but the show wants you to feel that way about it.

The only part that I really found offensive was Rachael Taylor's acting. But good God she's beautiful.