Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

A lot of good options on series to watch for free on Amazon Prime. Think I am going to start on Vikings. Any other recommedations?

I just started Banshee too. If you put some of the outlandish ideas of the show aside, it is a great fun show. I think the main character "Sheriff Hood" is a great actor and I enjoy the tranny Asian hacker character.

I'm gonna give black sails a thumbs up having just binged on the episodes to date. 

Also, surprised after viewing the first episode that as of #3, backstrom is starting to grow on me.

Had missed all but the first three episodes of Strike Back since it appeared, but now am caught up and it's still a great shooter show. Better than The Unit in that regard (the Unit had an excellent cast) which I miss. But between this and Banshee and Person of Interest, i get plenty of shoot 'em up and hand to hand (or inanimate object to body part).

Have to add "The Fall" on netflix, starring Gillian Anderson (who is still hot and is excellent in this). Great crime drama with a touch of Dexter in the complexity of the featured killer, and just really well done in every area. 

Nice, Jumbo. Good to see I'm not the only one watching Black Sails.

Just started Transparent on Amazon Prime. Great show so far. Older, divorced dad comes out to his kids that he's always been a woman. really good drama, Jeffrey Tambor is brilliant

For what it's worth, Transparent is getting a whopping 98% on Rotten

Edited by Chew

Just started Transparent on Amazon Prime. Great show so far. Older, divorced dad comes out to his kids that he's always been a woman. really good drama, Jeffrey Tambor is brilliant

For what it's worth, Transparent is getting a whopping 98% on Rotten

almost done with season 1.  This is such a beautiful show.  21st century, real world family drama like I've never seen on television before.  Fantastic series.  highly recommend checking this out.

Please watch this show guys.  Please.

Edited by Chew

Black Sails is very good.  I watched last season and was sad the season was so short.  It is probably a very expensive show to shoot without knowing if it will succeed.  I'm glad it's back, and I'm a little surprised so few people have seen it.

Black Sails is very good.  I watched last season and was sad the season was so short.  It is probably a very expensive show to shoot without knowing if it will succeed.  I'm glad it's back, and I'm a little surprised so few people have seen it.

I had it on DVR, and honestly, I can't remember how it got deleted.  I either A] accidentally deleted it; B] Knowingly deleted it thinking I'd be able to get it on demand  or C]  Deleted it thinking it would be on Amazon for free streaming (which it isn't :( )

Most likely, it was B or C.  I think it started out slow if I remember correctly, which may have contributed to my deleting process.  Thinking, I can always stream it later when I can focus on the show because I have so many other shows going on that I care to watch.

Amazon prime picked up some of the shows they had pilot episodes for.  Kind of a cool way of doing things, show the pilot and let people show they like it.  Even if they don't pay too much attention to the general public's opinion, it's smart to give to the illusion.

I voted for Bosch, Titus Welliver who's a great actor, from the Michael Connelly books and now it's on.  They picked up a few other shows which I'll have to check out.  I was hoping they would go forward with Bosch it's really an excellent show.  

I voted for Bosch, Titus Welliver who's a great actor, from the Michael Connelly books and now it's on.  They picked up a few other shows which I'll have to check out.  I was hoping they would go forward with Bosch it's really an excellent show.  

" Sorry I messed up the quote KOA"

Edited by steveo21
  • Like 1

I saw the first episode. It was absolutely unwatchable and just... Dumb. My IQ dropped a few points. Maybe it gets better but they lost me on that first episode

I am watching the second episode of Allegiance. It's pretty good. I never watched the Americans. I guess this is a network remake of that show. Does it stand up to the original? I've heard great things about the Americans

The Americans is awesome. Allegiance is a really poor knock off, and its done terrible in the ratings. I didn't bother after the 1st episode. It's actually a remake of some international show though, but it really does come across as just a wannabe Americans(and the Americans is AWESOME, way better then some NBC junk).

I am watching the second episode of Allegiance. It's pretty good. I never watched the Americans. I guess this is a network remake of that show. Does it stand up to the original? I've heard great things about the Americans

I really love the Americans, it's a great show.  I think you can stream the first two seasons on Amazon prime and they're headed into the third week of the new season so you can catch up quick if you wanted to.

Takes place in early 80's DC, Keri Russell and her husband (can't remember the actors name) are Russian spies and they have two kids who are raised here, not knowing who their parents really are.  Their neighbor is the CIA agent who is out to catch them.   Good mix of family dynamic, espionage, action, sex (it's basically how Keri Russell gets whats she wants out of people) and suspense.  There are a few legit "oh ****" moments in each season that kept me watching.  Plus they do a really awesome job with the 80's cars, fashion, music and events, like Reagan's assassination attempt.  

I know it's old news, but I'm going to try to get through Mad Men again before the last half of the last season starts in April.