Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

American Horror Story

Yay/Nay? I'm in the mood for evil and all manner of grotesque imagery 

I only saw the first 2 and I liked them quite a bit.  Each season is independent and their own story which is neat so you can jump in on any season and treat it as it's own mini series.  My brother said the one with the circus was really good too.  Not sure if that was season 3 or 4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I only saw the first 2 and I liked them quite a bit.  Each season is independent and their own story which is neat so you can jump in on any season and treat it as it's own mini series.  My brother said the one with the circus was really good too.  Not sure if that was season 3 or 4.

The first two were great.  Season three was a lot of fun but less serious.  Season four (the circus one) was very well acted and pretty interesting, but a little ridiculous and I didn't care for the ending.  I couldn't really get into any of the rest except for the Roanoke season.  I saw some of that, but can't recall why I stopped watching.  

Just now, PokerPacker said:

But what if I still need to watch The Wire?  Which comes first?

I've seen both.  I'd say race through ZeroZeroZero since it's only 1 season and it's only 8 episodes, whereas The Wire is 5 seasons and I think each season is like 10+ episodes.  So you can watch that after.

And then you will get the whole SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT reference.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

American Horror Story

it’s all anthology. Some of the seasons/concepts are really good. Some fall a little flat but they are always interesting imo and worth a watch. 

think it goes:

season 1: murder house 

season 2: asylum 

season 3: coven 
season 4: freak show 

season 5: hotel 

season 6: roanoke 

season 7: cult

season 8: apocalypse 

season 9: 1984

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

22 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

American Horror Story

Talking bout the last season?  1984?  I enjoyed it, it gave that old school slasher feel to it, thought it was well done.  Apocalypse was really good too, imo. 

Edit:  I liked all the seasons.  So my vote is "yay".  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

52 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Better Call Saul has to be a top 3 show on tv right now. The final 10 min in last night’s episode...pure perfection

I agree, but the last 10 minutes of last nights episode saved last nights episode.  Other than that, it was pretty slow.  And I'm fine with the slow burn don't get me wrong, but since there is only 1 episode left, I want stuff happening lol.  There were multiple times last night where there were only 2 scenes between commercials.  

But damn, Lalo has to be one of the greatest new characters introduced to this show.  He is just awesome.

Edited by purbeast

On 4/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it’s all anthology. Some of the seasons/concepts are really good. Some fall a little flat but they are always interesting imo and worth a watch. 

think it goes:

season 1: murder house 

season 2: asylum 

season 3: coven 
season 4: freak show 

season 5: hotel 

season 6: roanoke 

season 7: cult

season 8: apocalypse 

season 9: 1984

The last 2 seasons have been weak IMHO but in general I love the show. Jessica Lange forever.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I think it's safe to say that ZeroZeroZero beats Narcos in the brutality column.  And it's only been one season.

probably true, although I prefer the acting & storylines in Narcos. Narcos: Mexico could have been as intense, but they chose to make some of their more vicious death scenes with a bit of dark comedy (the steamroller scene in Narcos: Mexico season 2 especially)

Edited by StillUnknown

On 4/14/2020 at 8:43 AM, Fight4RGIII said:

Better Call Saul has to be a top 3 show on tv right now. The final 10 min in last night’s episode...pure perfection

Excellent show all around.  But one small beef with that episode. 

Spoiler

I live not too far from the border where Jimmy's car was found by Lalo and I can tell you finding a junked car in an arroyo with bullet holes is not proof of anything.  I've shot a few myself.  Finding one that hadn't been shot is rare.  Lalo would've known that.  Fun watching Kim point it out.

Edited by KAOSkins