Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Entertainment Weekly listed the pilots the Big 5 Networks are considering for next TV season.

TV pilots guide: Every new network show in the works for fall 2020 

Nothing really stands out, these networks can't come up with something original and good these days. 

Shows that  I would like to see get picked up:

ABC's Brides, NBC's Debris, CW's The Lost Boys. CW's Superman & Lois, CW"S Arrow Spinoff

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Great show, but I think season 2 is the last.  It hasn't been renewed for a third season yet and the director has put it on hold to do other projects.

Saw that. Bummer—It reminds me of how I enjoyed X-files when I was a teen.

lead is great: original Hamilton cast, Kristoff in Frozen, Mindhunter needless to say NOT typecast

• Like 1

Does anybody else but me think it's stupid that the Superbowl pregame show is longer than the Superbowl itself?  2-6:30, really?  I'm pretty sure there isn't that much worth talking about for four and a half hours.  A lot of useless blabbering.  Thankfully I don't have to and won't watch it, but geez.

Edited by China
Edit: Posted this in the wrong thread. Oh well.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, China said:

Does anybody else but me think it's stupid that the Superbowl pregame show is longer than the Superbowl itself?  2-6:30, really?  I'm pretty sure there isn't that much worth talking about for four and a half hours.  A lot of useless blabbering.  Thankfully I don't have to and won't watch it, but geez.

I watched the last 30 minutes of it and by kickoff, I was already sick of SuperBowl.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:15 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Entertainment Weekly listed the pilots the Big 5 Networks are considering for next TV season.

TV pilots guide: Every new network show in the works for fall 2020 

Nothing really stands out, these networks can't come up with something original and good these days. 

Shows that  I would like to see get picked up:

ABC's Brides, NBC's Debris, CW's The Lost Boys. CW's Superman & Lois, CW"S Arrow Spinoff

I don't recall watching a Big 3 Network prime time show (ABC, NBC, CBS) in 15 years. As for CW and the like, I tried Flash for 1.5 seasons and ended up bailing on that as well. 

Correction: I did watch LOST and look at the finale they rewarded me with. #neveragain

Edited by Chachie

That Vick 30 for 30, part 1.  Awesome.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:39 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Warning - Season 3, despite some excellent acting, goes off the rails. It's not as bad as say, the last season of Banshee, or S5 of Ray Donovan, but is not must-see TV...barely tolerable at times.

It's pretty terrible.  I was disappointed.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What is the consensus on His Dark Materials? I just finished episode 2. Not sure I know what’s going on but it’s very interesting and has me engaged 

It takes a few episodes to formulate but I really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, China said:

I imagine it's background noise for many parties. It's like the people whom watch hours of Olympics coverage with no sports.  

On 2/2/2020 at 2:49 PM, Elessar78 said:

Mindhunter S2 is the most enjoyable series I've watched since True Detective S1

I thought the ending of season 2 was pretty underwhelming. Love that show though, really hope it gets renewed 

On 2/2/2020 at 2:28 PM, zskins said:

Should I watch Patriot Games (I saw that movie back in the 90's) before starting the Jack Ryan series? I am two episode in so far.

Not necessary. The series is independent from the movies.

• Thanks 1

McMillion's on HBO.  I just watched the first episode, it's the only one that's been released.  It's a docuseries on the people that rigged the McDonald's Monopoly game in the early 2000s and how the FBI caught them.  There's one agent who's being interviewed that's hysterical, it's great.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Chachie said:

I'm a 53 year old man who is TOTALLY INTO the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. 

As a 46 year old man, I started watching this show a few days ago based on your post.  I'm on episode 5 of the first season.  My wife asked me today "Are you really watching this now?"  I assured her that it is ok for me to watch, because it was recommended by other mature football fans.  So far, so good.  But if it gets really stupid, I am going to blame you for my wife telling me how dumb it is.  Of course, I will never admit it if the show isn't great.  That would go against everything that I believe regarding marital disagreements.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Nerm said:

As a 46 year old man, I started watching this show a few days ago based on your post.  I'm on episode 5 of the first season.  My wife asked me today "Are you really watching this now?"  I assured her that it is ok for me to watch, because it was recommended by other mature football fans.  So far, so good.  But if it gets really stupid, I am going to blame you for my wife telling me how dumb it is.  Of course, I will never admit it if the show isn't great.  That would go against everything that I believe regarding marital disagreements.

Not sure if it would have been a better defense by saying I watched Sabrina when I was 22 so just trying to see if there is a difference...lol

14 hours ago, Nerm said:

😆

I recognize it's shortcomings but I do think the cast is talented, the production value is really good, and while some parts of the story aren't great.. some are a lot of fun. I'm going to finish out "Part 3" this week. 

Edit- Oh, and last night I watched the first episode of the new HBO documentary mini-series, "McMillions." It's about the great McDonalds Monopoly game of the 80s/90s and how a group of folks in Florida rigged it to their advantage. Pretty good.

Edited by Chachie