Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

38 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'm assuming yes until that woman had the nerve to use a sword.

Posted before I watched it, just read that statement, thinking he meant they weren't skilled at swordplay in the show. Actual clip was worse lol. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Yeah that **** is ridiculous 

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Me and the wife watched both seasons.  We liked it a lot, especially the ending of season 2, great WTF moments the final two episodes.

we are almost at the end of season 1. I like it, it’s always crazy. I’m curious how they will keep it up in future seasons 

also laughed at this 

49E34295-C67A-491D-B37E-46B89BA8E224.jpeg

• Haha 3

Just finished lost in space 2. It's a fun show, but I swear the Robinsons create most of their own problems and have to put out Most of their own fires. So much so that my wife and I laughed throughout the season About how dumb they were 

Also watched the First two seasons of Fleabag that Obama recommended. It's great but within the first ten minutes of the first episode c, you can see why Obama like it

I've been working my way through the Witcher.  Never read the books or played the game, so it's all completely fresh to me.  The TV show is a mess and comes off as super fan-fictiony at times, but it's fun and creative.  The unhinged old time fairy-tale moments (the good pre-Victorian ones that were pretty sadistic and old testament) are very entertaining.  And I appreciate that they are trying to make characters and give them emotional stakes.  One thing that really bugs me though is that Geralt of Rivia is a huge Mary Sue.  He's an overpowered Wolverine derivation without a lot of the complexity.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Me and the wife watched both seasons.  We liked it a lot, especially the ending of season 2, great WTF moments the final two episodes.

Had no clue there was a second season of You.  We watched the first season and it was interesting.  Like, I know it was bad and so fake and so unbelievable with terrible acting, but I still enjoyed it.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

Don't **** With Cats was interesting.  I can't believe I don't remember hearing about that back in 2011/2012 when it actually happened cause I'm an internet nerd.  I like that is was only 3 episodes so it didn't take up too much time to watch.  The final episode dragged on a little bit but the total time commitment was only 3 hours so it wasn't bad at all.  

39 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Don't **** With Cats was interesting.  I can't believe I don't remember hearing about that back in 2011/2012 when it actually happened cause I'm an internet nerd.  

Probably cause it happened in Canada. Them internet nerds were kind of annoying. They only figured out the name cause he probably gave it to them. They'd have never figured it out on their own. Still be spinning their wheels on vacuum cleaners

13 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I guess you haven't seen Dexter.

This is a three episode series. Dexter had years before they exhausted all their good ideas.

Edited by Cooked Crack

56 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think I watched the first 2-3 seasons of Dexter and got too bogged down with school and work to continue. The trashing of subsequent seasons always made me hesitant to finish.

Season 4 is worth watching.  John Lithgow was magnificent.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 1:49 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

I just started The Expanse.  About 3 episodes in.  Wife is more into SciFi than I am, but giving it a shot.  Any opinions if you've gotten further?

I just started season 3 and as others have said, it’s a bit slow at first, but stick with it. You will be rewarded. Regarding the SciFi angle, it is definitely SciFi but grounded in reality. As with The Walking Dead, it quickly ceases to be about the initial “hook” and is more about the dynamic between the various parties. So, in that sense, the primary plot driver is universal. I don’t want to say anything more for fear of spoilers, but I’ll be a little surprised if you don’t get hooked like the many of us. FWIW, I’m all groggy because I was up until ~3:00AM finishing season 2 last night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I finished the 2nd season last night too. I have some gripes, mainly about the acting, but they are minor compared to how much i like the show

There are some up-and-down performances from some people, but there are some really good understated performances.  I really like how identifiable the made-up 'belter' accent is.

• Like 1