Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

8 hours ago, visionary said:

Just saw Watchmen episode 1.  It was a lot different than I expected, but very interesting.  So the guy who’s running the show is the same one who did Lost and Leftovers....  Should be a wild ride, lol.

I'm preparing myself for the great start that hooks me then eventually wondering why i started watching the show in the first place

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, superozman said:

Just started Jack Ryan.  Awesome so far!

Season 2 drops Nov. 1.

Here's some brief thoughts on the new shows I am watching.

CW's Batwoman-  I like it, though it's taking a slow approach to develop the story.  It's not getting the ratings and getting trashed online.  My guess this is a one season wonder.

CBS's Evil-  A good show that sadly isn't getting the ratings. I think it's another one season show.

ABC's Emergence-  Seems like another one season show.  Good mystery.  The girl was revealed to be not an alien but a 

Spoiler

robot.

CW's Nancy Drew- A little more adult oriented version.  Think Riverdale.  

I need to check HBO's Watchman and USA's Treadstone.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I need to check HBO's Watchman and USA's Treadstone.

Watchmen has gotten a very polarized reaction from viewers. Personally, I loved the pilot episode and I'm one who think's pilots usually suffer because they have to establish characters and set up a season. This can water down a premier but it's a necessary evil. This pilot was action-packed and smart.

I think traditionalists hate the show so far but I liked it a lot. Regina King is incredible in whatever she does. 

• Like 1

Some other quick reviews:

Bob ❤️ Aboshola  -  Definitely has more funny moments that I thought and i continue watching.  Romantic drama comedy but definitely good comedy that overwhelms the others for me enough!

Carol's 2nd Act - Continuing to watch, but not sure if I'll go season 2 unless it has some funnier moments.  

God Friended Me - did not expect to like this one, however, season 2 I continue to watch.  Maybe it's the Violett Beane effect 🤷‍♂️

The Neighborhood - Must watch, IMO.  Great comedy on race, in an extremely hostile race environment thats politicized right now.  Plus it doesn't hurt that I have a colleague that's a big black dude and my name is Dave...so it works LOL

• Like 1

Just finished season five of Peaky Blinders.  

Spoiler

Man that was tough, even knowing that they would fail in some way, I didn't expect things to be that bad all around.  Although I did wonder if Tommy would get shot by his friend.  The way Arthur and Tommy are going, I'm not sure how much more I can watch.  Also I have no idea what will happen with Finn, who seems a mess as well.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Chachie said:

Watchmen has gotten a very polarized reaction from viewers. Personally, I loved the pilot episode and I'm one who think's pilots usually suffer because they have to establish characters and set up a season. This can water down a premier but it's a necessary evil. This pilot was action-packed and smart.

I think traditionalists hate the show so far but I liked it a lot. Regina King is incredible in whatever she does. 

i thought Lou Gosset Jr. died years ago, shocked me when I saw him in the show

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Chachie said:

Watchman was weird but saw enough to want to see more.

I saw episode 2 of Treadstone- not sure yet on this one.  Need to see episode 1.

It's been out for two months now, not a single mention of the Dark Crystal prequel series in this thread.  :(  I figured there were a lot of folks in their 30s and 40s that would've considered a Dark Crystal reboot project from The Jim Henson Company to be mandatory viewing.  It's been 37 years since the OG dropped.

I friggin' loved it, finished the show in two days. Puppetry was off the chain as expected, the level of detail that you could see in each character and the environment in 4K was incredible.  Story was strong and it was action-packed.  

Rotten: 86% critics, 95% viewers.  

• Like 1

*Waits in the shadows for Geralt to spring forth, silver sword in hand*

Gah, I hope this is good. Dont care if they are basing it off the books (in truth, they said that right now they are basing it off of book material, but if it runs for multiple seasons they could start adding stuff from the games), this is huge for the future of gaming adaptations and more credibility.

If they bang this out (or if Vogt Robert's beats them to the punch with Metal Gear) stuff like Mortal Kombat, Fallout, Resident Evil, Mass Effect, etc, will be back on the table.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Cw is developing a Superman and Lois tv show, starring the guy who plans Superman on Supergirl.

They have a good thing going with the shows they already have (Supergirl, LoT, Flash, Arrow) and the cross-overs.  Plus they just added Bat Woman with Arrow going away after this season.  I guess if it gives us a Superman show, then it's alright.  I dunno, I'm an old school fan of Lois and Clark, so that's already been done, not sure what to think.  

Just read that Superman and Lois will be in Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover and I think they said it's a stand alone series, not a spin-off of any current series.  They also have the spin-off series Green Arrow and the Canaries.  I'll give it a shot, just hope they don't over do it and ruin it.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, NickyJ said:

It's been a few years since it ran, but I've been giving White Collar a go and like it so far.

Yup it is a good show. I liked it. Person of Interest is another good show to binge as well. Couple of other oldies: Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Leverage, Continuum, Californication and The Killing. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 2