Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

El Camino was pretty good

didn't break any new ground, but it was nice piece to the breaking bad story. aaron paul was pretty much born to play jesse pinkman. I haven't been that impressed with his work outside of the character, but Pinkman is his character

I thought it was ok.  Felt like it was drawn out without a lot of action.  

Spoiler

Basically just a movie about him getting relocated to Alaska.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I thought it was ok.  Felt like it was drawn out without a lot of action.  

Reveal hidden contents

Basically just a movie about him getting relocated to Alaska.......

Spoiler

I liked the scenes with him and robert forester (rip). flashbacks were a weak spot because they over did it and the dude that plays todd looks a little chunkier than he did when they left off

I thought El Camino was very underwhelming.  It was basically fan service and nothing more.  It just felt like a stretched out episode that was one of the slower/boring episodes.  The way BB ended was just fine IMO and having to explain exactly what happened to Jesse just wasn't necessary.  Like we know, he was being held against his will by bad people and they did bad stuff to him.  Shocker.

I was also not a fan of...

how Jesse basically had his "gun in the trunk" scene with the new bad guy that he met a few hours prior.  That whole setup was so forced and made no sense like why would this other guy help him out like that?  And then you have 2 guys emptying clips pointed at each other from 10 feet away and no one hitting anyone.  That whole scene was just whack.  

Oh and fat Todd ... I mean come on dude.  Lose some weight for your role.  I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it was jarring and taking away from the actual story.

On 10/7/2019 at 5:17 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Anybody check out Goliath?? If so, any good? 

The first season was pretty good. The second season was ok. Just finished the third season, and despite some solid acting, it was painful to sit through.

One thing to look forward to - the actress who played Rousseau's daughter in Lost looks smoking hot now, especially in S1.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8y1RoevCtuznVRceBFI1

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Incredible show. I think last night was the season finale, right?

Succession is so good.  The writing is just amazing.  I'll be shocked if some of the actors dont win awards as well...  

Great show, highly recommended.  I'm going to go back and watch S1 again while i wait for S3.

• Like 2

Any of you sad sob's caught the first two TWD's yet?

I thought there was a bit of  redemption in the back half of last season, but I'm gonna be honest... I totally forgot about the premiere, and I'm not in a rush to catch up on On Demand. It may have reached binge status for me (I binged the last 12 ep's of last season in the spring after checking out)

I actually like El Camino - then again, I wanted the fan service. I would watch 10 more of those even though it was a little slow. What makes that series so great to me is the fact that each and every scene is entertaining. The interactions with Todd/Landry were great! His little comments and how matter-of-fact some of the stuff was was quintessential Breaking Bad to me. That's what I've missed...the storytelling, not the story itself. 

>>Treadstone is an American action drama television series, connected to and based on the Bourne film series. A "special preview" of the pilot aired on USA Network on September 24, 2019,[1] ahead of its October 15, 2019, premiere.[2][3] The series was created by Tim Kring, who is also expected to executive produce alongside Ramin Bahrani, Ben Smith, Jeffrey Weiner, Justin Levy, Bradley Thomas, and Dan Friedkin.<<

This starts tonight, looks interesting. 

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Any of you sad sob's caught the first two TWD's yet?

I thought there was a bit of  redemption in the back half of last season, but I'm gonna be honest... I totally forgot about the premiere, and I'm not in a rush to catch up on On Demand. It may have reached binge status for me (I binged the last 12 ep's of last season in the spring after checking out)

I bailed before last season. I really don't even know why. I guess there's only so much zombie a man can take. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

I bailed before last season. I really don't even know why. I guess there's only so much zombie a man can take. 

Kinda where I'm at. I like the Whisperers,  but I no longer have the patience for (what used to be) big time tv shows going on for 10 seasons now and beyond.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Kinda where I'm at. I like the Whisperers,  but I no longer have the patience for (what used to be) big time tv shows going on for 10 seasons now and beyond.

This past episode was boring as ****.  Actually, both episodes have been boring as **** this season.  I'll watch it until it's over, too much time vested over the years.  It's gotten to the watch it on the DVR later in the week stage for me now.

• Like 2