Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

New Chapelle Netflix special is hilarious. I see he’s been getting a lot of heat for it saying he went too far.

i don’t know man its comedy, I laughed my ass off 

It felt lazier than some of his previous work. Its never a good look when Breitbart is co-signing your work

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

It felt lazier than some of his previous work. Its never a good look when Breitbart is co-signing your work

They’re only co-signing it because they know parts of it are going to anger “the libs.”  Otherwise they’d be complaining about his takes on abortion, gun laws, and for mocking whites struggling with heroin like they did blacks during the crack epidemic.  

If people want to watch a talented comedian telling only politically approved (in America) jokes on netflix, they can watch Hasan Minhaj’s Patriot Act.  That’s not what Dave Chappelle is about.  He’s always pushed things a bit further and gone for that guilty laugh.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I liked it. After he mostly finishes with the trans stuff I was fully onboard instead of halfway. Also, the Q&A afterwards was really interesting.

What is this Q&A you speak of?

I also thought Sticks and Stones was his funniest standup since his Chappelle Show days.  It reminded me of when he was young and was actually having fun.  I feel like the other ones he did last year he just looked down and not into it, like it wasn't him being silly and funny.  This one had a completely different vibe to it.  I loved it and thought it was hilarious.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 2

yeah I just let the show end and run the credits and then all of a sudden an epilogue started lol. 

It was a really nice surprise too. Good pics, a nice Q&A and some good stories 

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

After he mostly finishes with the trans stuff I was fully onboard instead of halfway.

You don’t have THREE DOLLARS??!? How are we even alive dad? 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Finished Carnival Row earlier. 

I was pretty into it and loved a lot of the show, but was not at all happy with the ending for the most part.

Not sure if I'll watch much of it, if they have another season. 

Spoiler

I was really annoyed, but not surprised to see what happened with Sophie and Jonah at the end. 

Sophie started off being kind of interesting with how she did not get along with her father and especially after seeing that she actually seemed close to her maid. 

But then as the show went on it was clear that while she was smart, she doesn't actually care about anyone else and is power crazy...among other things.

I will say unlike a lot of the revelations, Jonah's being her brother was somewhat surprising.

Although I figured it out when the mom at first refused to say why they couldn't be together.  That was a big giveaway.

It was pretty disappointing (but somewhat expected) to see Jonah just go along with her and maybe take it a few steps farther than her, despite knowing everything he did.

Especially after he told his tutor he wanted an honest adviser.  

I don't really want to watch a series where Jonah and Sophie are playing their games and ****ing everyone else over and making others suffer.

I also did not really like the faun cult.  It seemed kind of convenient for all the Fae haters and not very well explained.  

Also what happened to the Black Raven?  I didn't much like them (though they were somewhat cool), but we didn't see them do anything during all this chaos and they completely disappeared after Vignette saw the artifacts and got herself arrested.  

(Supposedly they’ll have a bigger role in season 2, but I’m confused as to whether they also got shut away.  And what about Sophie’s and all the parlamentarians’ servants?) 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 3:04 AM, Destino said:

and for mocking whites struggling with heroin like they did blacks during the crack epidemic.  

And as a white guy that has lost a childhood friend and has a cousin in rehab because of heroin, I still found it to be brilliant and hilarious.  Although the first thing that came to mind is that some white people are not going to be able to swallow this.

14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Watched the first three episodes last week, I thought it was pretty good.  I read that they based it on their story mixed in with fiction to make it more dramatic, which makes sense.  

That’s how I would retell my life story. With a whole bevy of hot women. 

• Haha 1

After watching Burn Notice, which took a while because it's seven seasons, I started watching Revenge a couple of weeks ago. It's a good show with lots of plot twists. I'm still on season one.

Loved revisiting Burn Notice, what a great show! First, it's set in Miami as home base because I love Miami. Had a place in Coral Gables for a while, just had to jump on a plane and had clothing and a car there. My get away. The show was great, great actors including the guest stars and stories that played out over shows and seasons. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

After watching Burn Notice, which took a while because is seven seasons, I started watching Revenge a couple of weeks ago. It's a good show with lots of plot twists. I'm still on season one.

Loved revisiting Burn Notice, what a great show! First, it's set in Miami as home base because I love Miami. Had a place in Coral Gables for a while, just had to jump on a plane and had clothing and a car there. My get away. The show was great, great actors including the guest stars and stories that played out over shows and seasons. 

I like the actress in Revenge.  Surprised she hasn't been in more stuff since then.  It's cheesy fun a la Dallas.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 1:10 PM, purbeast said:

The way Amazon was hyping up how Jack Ryan season 2 was "coming soon" like a month ago, it's really not coming that soon at all.

Man, they dropped teasers for season one and gave it a "coming soon" designation well over a year before they finally released it.  Amazon is bad about that, and that show is particularly tardy.

I'll still watch it though.