stoney26

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

Recommended Posts

On 6/10/2019 at 9:21 AM, SemperFi Skins said:

My wife got me into "Dead To Me" with Christina Applegate. Funny, crazy, ironic, dark.... all in the same show. Worth a watch. Got me hooked fairly quick. 30 minute episodes which is good to binge.

 

My wife and I binge watched this over the last few nights. Really enjoyed it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

 

CGI looks kinda bad, but i'm a sucker for **** like this

That looks badass.  Thanks I had no clue about this show.  That dude was so badass in the Raid.  I will definitely be watching this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I finished OITNB last Friday.  I thought it was one of the worst seasons to date, maybe not the worst, but just not that exciting imo.  I think it was because the show was already over-saturated with so many story lines (both main chars and sub chars) that it was just so much to close out.  It was a darker, sad season, imo. 

 

Finished up "Another Life" on Netflix, give it a B- overall, would have been a C, but there were some cool moments along with the season finale being really good imo.  I hope it gets a 2nd season due to the cliffhanger from the first.  I have a feeling season 2 will have more action and be better if they decide to continue it.

 

Also got on CBS Online and started watching the original Twin Peeks, still early on in season 1 (like episode 5 or 6).  I never watched it back in the early 90s, started it a while back, never continued, picked it back up this past weekend.  It's weird, definitely see the cult following it receives and wife and I like the corniness of it too.  I think it could still be on Netflix, not sure.  We have a Showtime sub, so I'll catch season 3 on there at some point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Finally finished the wire last week.  Such a great, great show.

 

i'm way past due for another rewatch

 

i usually rewatch it once a year, its been longer than that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Netflix showing it can grow it's own food, but if it keeps losing content and users, will it be enough to survive?  Netflix needs to react and focus and getting the best stuff it can, they are already building Amazon Prime functionality into cable boxes along with Netflix, everything g they had cornered people are catching up on now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Netflix showing it can grow it's own food, but if it keeps losing content and users, will it be enough to survive?  Netflix needs to react and focus and getting the best stuff it can, they are already building Amazon Prime functionality into cable boxes along with Netflix, everything g they had cornered people are catching up on now.

 

They need to snag a deal with HBO or Showtime or both and look into adding live streaming TV/Sports like Hulu does.  I'm more interested to know how many people subscribe to just Netflix or just Hulu or just Amazon or to two of the three or all three.

 

I mean, we have Prime because we order a ton of stuff from Amazon, so it made sense with the free shipping.  Their streaming service is just a nice added bonus.  I've had Netflix forever, long before the days of the streaming platform and now exclusively the streaming platform.  But I also have Hulu, DC Universe (mainly for my daughter - though I love Titans and Doom Patrol and some of the old shows they have) and CBS Online.

 

I get my premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Max, Starz typically on rotation of what shows hit when on which channel, but within either Hulu or Amazon.  So for me, being a TV/Movie junkie, Disney+ isn't really talking me out of staying with Netflix, I'll just get extra streaming platforms for the same price as Hulu.  

 

I get it for those that only have Netflix or have cut the cord and only have Netflix and say ESPN+ and some other stuff that this new package will be more enticing.  I wonder if that's just a one time limited offer (like 6 months or 12 months)?  If anything, I would like to think it would force Netflix to lower their rates, but I doubt they will do that unless it gets extremely bad for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've got Netflix and Hulu right now. Hulu is 99¢ till December. Once it goes regular price going to cancel. Prime Videos seem like an afterthought. Like it's a bonus you get with shipping. Not planning on exceeding more than 2 services. I hope all these companies fall so there can only be 2-3 viable options.

 

I do have access to cable channels though. Shout-out to my boys parents. Gonna be heated if they cut the cord tho.

Edited by Cooked Crack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me a way to watch Caps games and I’ll ****ing cut the cord right now.

 

Bur yeah, Netflix needs to stop putting out **** for the sake of putting **** out.  I think that the Martin Scorsese movie looks dope, so that’s a plus.  What Netflix needs to do, is come up with a way to allow people to rent movies like you can with Amazon Prime.  Let us buy/rent through Netflix and you can keep all those shmucks invested in your app.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Springfield said:

Give me a way to watch Caps games and I’ll ****ing cut the cord right now.

 

Bur yeah, Netflix needs to stop putting out **** for the sake of putting **** out.  I think that the Martin Scorsese movie looks dope, so that’s a plus.  What Netflix needs to do, is come up with a way to allow people to rent movies like you can with Amazon Prime.  Let us buy/rent through Netflix and you can keep all those shmucks invested in your app.

 

Outside of NFL games (since those are actually aired on local Fox and CBS) I swear it's better to live outside of the market your favorite pro teams are in (MLB, NHL, NBA).  Otherwise, you have to get cable/satellite and get the regional sports package to watch the NHL, NBA, MLB games.  

 

That's how I'm screwed.  I have to have DirectTV and Sunday ticket to watch the Redskins.  But I also have to have it to watch the Braves and Hurricanes games.  Granted, I could live without hockey, but I do enjoy watching baseball.  I read an article a while back that the NFL might look to a new model after the 2019 season when they can opt out of the Sunday Ticket contract with DirectTV.  

 

That they might work with a streaming platform like Amazon Prime and offer packages through them.  If that happens, I'll consider cutting the cord.  

 

 

Edit:

@Springfield  are you not able to get the Caps through the local sports channels offered by Hulu Plus?  https://www.hulu.com/live-tv  click on view channels in your area and enter your zip code and it pulls up all the regional sports networks available to you.

 

I should be able to watch the Braves and Hurricanes, for NBA I'll just subscribe directly through them for the Bulls.  The Redskins are the only thing holding me back at this point.

 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

Outside of NFL games (since those are actually aired on local Fox and CBS) I swear it's better to live outside of the market your favorite pro teams are in (MLB, NHL, NBA).  Otherwise, you have to get cable/satellite and get the regional sports package to watch the NHL, NBA, MLB games.  

 

That's how I'm screwed.  I have to have DirectTV and Sunday ticket to watch the Redskins.  But I also have to have it to watch the Braves and Hurricanes games.  Granted, I could live without hockey, but I do enjoy watching baseball.  I read an article a while back that the NFL might look to a new model after the 2019 season when they can opt out of the Sunday Ticket contract with DirectTV.  

 

That they might work with a streaming platform like Amazon Prime and offer packages through them.  If that happens, I'll consider cutting the cord.  

 

 

Edit:

@Springfield  are you not able to get the Caps through the local sports channels offered by Hulu Plus?  https://www.hulu.com/live-tv  click on view channels in your area and enter your zip code and it pulls up all the regional sports networks available to you.

 

I should be able to watch the Braves and Hurricanes, for NBA I'll just subscribe directly through them for the Bulls.  The Redskins are the only thing holding me back at this point.

 

 

I didn’t realize that Hulu+ had so much, thanks for that.  They do have NBC Sports local for the Caps.  No Masn for Nats or Nickelodeon for the kids though.

 

Anyhow, that’s good to know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You guys need to explore reddit.. Stream every NFL, NHL, NBA, etc game, in HD, for free.. F### Sunday Ticket -AND- Center Ice!! 

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

You guys need to explore redditt.. Stream every NFL, NHL, NBA, etc game, in HD, for free.. F### Sunday Ticket -AND- Center Ice!! 


QFT.  I was a DirecTV customer or about 10 years.  I've been wanting to cut DTV, but I needed it or Sunday Ticket to see the Skins.  Coworker put me onto reddit last year and now I can cut the cord.

Reddit has every game in 1080P, multiple links.  They all work, all the time.  Every week.  Don't ask me how it's legal or they get away with it, but it is reliable.  

YouTube TV is the bees knees, and it's only $40 a month.  We also have some trash TV app called Philo that carries a few channels that YouTube TV does not.  That's only like $20 a month I think.  Combined they're 50% less than what we paid for DTV.  YouTube TV has unlimited DVR, and also (if you want it to) will merge your preferred YT videos and original shows like Karate Kid into your regular DVR.  It's awesome.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

You guys need to explore redditt.. Stream every NFL, NHL, NBA, etc game, in HD, for free.. F### Sunday Ticket -AND- Center Ice!! 

nbastreams was banned. Did something replace it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started watching Derry Girls on Netflix, super funny. 

 

This season of the handmaids tale has also been really good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Just started watching Derry Girls on Netflix, super funny. 

 

This season of the handmaids tale has also been really good.

 

Handmaids is INSANE. Every scene is a major one.

 

I'll check out Derry Girls.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Just started watching Derry Girls on Netflix, super funny. 

 

This season of the handmaids tale has also been really good.


+1 for Derry Girls, one of the hidden gems on Netflix.  We LOVE it.  I think mentioned Derry Girls in this thread over a year ago, but sadly it doesn't get much hype nationally.  Had to turn on CC though with some of the accents LOL

 

Was yesterday's episode the season finale for Handmaid's?!  Going to watch tonight, and I'm hype as ****.  

Also, Bradley Whitford has a new show called "Perfect Harmony" dropping this fall on NBC.  I would have zero interest it, but it's got Bradley Whitford, and he's amazing.  Also has Anna Camp and Geno Segers, The big NA badass from Banshee. 

Edited by Chew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chachie said:

 

Handmaids is INSANE. Every scene is a major one.

 

There were back to back episodes I felt were pretty weak this season, but it came back around.

 

6 minutes ago, Chew said:

 

Was yesterday's episode the season finale for Handmaid's?!  Going to watch tonight, and I'm hype as ****.  
 

There is one more episode next week.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 4:42 PM, Springfield said:

Finally finished the wire last week.  Such a great, great show.

 

The_Wire_Partlow.jpg

King of Queens

 

#555-Logs

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Yohan said:

There is one more episode next week.

 

Good to know.  Watched episode 12 last night and thought that was the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thumbs-up for Derry Girls. Hilarious.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8/18/19 - The Righteous Gemstones on HBO. 

 

I'm really looking forward to it. Danny McBride always nails it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.