Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, Chew said:

It was mentioned here a few weeks ago, but City on a Hill premieres this weekend on Showtime.  Kevin Bacon as a dirty FBI agent and Aldis Hodge as the ADA in mid-90s Boston.  

It premiered last weekend... it was a very slow start IMO. I will watch one more to see if it catches.

• Like 1

Just now, TK said:

New seasons of Jessica Jones & Designated Survivor have dropped on Netflix. 

And then there's this :)

I am almost done with DS (watching that is). Good to know JJ has been released. The date was uncertain two weeks ago when I posted the dates for Netflix shows.

Thanks for the heads up!. :)

4 hours ago, Chew said:

A coworker hyped I Am Mother, excited to watch it this weekend after seeing the trailer.

It was mentioned here a few weeks ago, but City on a Hill premieres this weekend on Showtime.  Kevin Bacon as a dirty FBI agent and Aldis Hodge as the ADA in mid-90s Boston.  

I Am Mother is ok at best, nothing to get excited about, imo.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Finished Good Omens last night. Its outstanding. I really hope they can come up with a second season but I know there's no source material for it so it'd be a big risk.

How many episodes is that?

43 minutes ago, Chachie said:

How many episodes is that?

I believe it's 6.

13 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Just started Imposters on Netflix (originally aired in 2017).... pretty cool show. Only watched one episode but will continue. Don't know the actress but she is certainly eye-candy to keep you entertained. Dark drama/comedy.

I'm guessing you are talking about Inbar Lavi. She just played Eve on S4 of Lucifer too. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Btw the Russian Doll description on Netflix doesn't do it justice.

Nadia keeps dying and reliving her 36th birthday party. She's trapped in a surreal time loop -- and staring down the barrel of her own mortality.

The show is psychologically disturbing and darkly hilarious. Total of about 4 hrs (over 8eps) for the first season.

• Like 2

Don't think I'v seen it mentioned yet -- anyone watching the new season of Handmaid's?  

Wondering if we want to watch it week by week or just wait until the whole season is available and binge it.  

12 hours ago, Chew said:

Don't think I'v seen it mentioned yet -- anyone watching the new season of Handmaid's?  

Wondering if we want to watch it week by week or just wait until the whole season is available and binge it.  

I am.  Haven't seen this weeks yet but so far it's pretty good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chew said:

It's really good. I don't mind the week wait in between. While watching this week, I realized Rita (Waterford's Martha) is Pastor Nina from Kim's Convenience (thank you for that recommendation.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chew said:

I'm waiting for at least 3 or 4 episodes to be available. I'm a binger.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

Just finished Chernobyl after starting it 2 nights ago.  Wow.  If that is accurate and how it really went down, it's really sad how preventable it was and how many lives were lost afterwards due to incompetence.

Fortunately the Russians are filming a more accurate version that reveals how it was an act of sabotage by a CIA agent.  Yeah, seriously.

The only b.s. was how radiation effects were portrayed. The Bridge of Death, for example, was an urban legend.

• Haha 1