Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Does anyone use the CBS streaming service?
I know it has programming that is not available elsewhere like the new Star Trek series..  but how much archival stuff do you have access to?

~Bang

9 hours ago, Bang said:

I know it has programming that is not available elsewhere like the new Star Trek series..  but how much archival stuff do you have access to?

~Bang

I have it.  It’s got a lot of content.  Bull, NCIS (all three of them), all Star Trek series, Twin Peaks, Twilight Zone (both old and new), Blue Bloods, etc.  

Wife and I love it.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bang said:

~Bang

I've got it as well, mainly for the new Trek which is AWESOME. :) 

Archived stuff- They have a Classics section with all the Trek tv series, Original Twilight Zone, Happy Days,Nash Bridges, JAG, Cheers, & some other older shows. 

I basically use it as a dvr/stream the next day  the night before's prime time shows since CBS doesn't toss their shows to Hulu. For the $5-6 or whatever it runs a month, it's worth it if you've cut the cord. You get live tv as well, which means Sunday football games that you can watch on your phone. 

50 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Anybody into the Expanse? Feel like it’s been discussed here. Heard good things about it and thinking of starting it next. 

Been so disappointed with GOT looking for something new to take my mind off it and the sci fi is really appealing 

I've watched it and loved it. Expanse is based on a book series (which I started reading after getting hooked on the show) as well, but that will finish well before the TV series ever could. As many will tell you, it starts slow and relies a lot on tension for the first few episodes, but if you stick with it, it'll be rewarding. The story is set in a time not covered much by most sci fi series: A time when we have cities on Mars and various asteroids and moons, but haven't really expanded beyond the asteroid belts, let alone traveled outside our own solar system.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:05 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Anybody into the Expanse? Feel like it’s been discussed here. Heard good things about it and thinking of starting it next. 

Been so disappointed with GOT looking for something new to take my mind off it and the sci fi is really appealing 

Yep! I was in here talking about it a bit over a month ago. Amazing show.  Nicky is right in that its a very fresh take on space faring Earth,  Mars Colonists (turned  full on Martians, who have now declared themselves an independent nation) and workers of the now heavily exploited (and fought over) asteroid belt frontier, a multitude of different factions (good and bad) looking for a unifying leader, who kinda find themselves in the middle of everything, looking for a way to put themselves on equal footing with the two superpowers and no longer be pushed around and used.

Lot of political intrigue, humor, classic sci fi stuff, with a bit of noir.  Has a tad bit of Mass Effect-ism to it as well (you,ll recognize a particular voice from the games if you watch), with micro and macro threats, sabotage, and different cultures having to come together to face them all. Definitely not a bad way to spend a month binge watching.

Probably one of the best modern era sci fi shows ever made (I'd put it right up there with any of them,  including X-Files. Theres a new season around the corner with Amazon (who picked up the show after it was dumped by SyFy).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Westworld, yay or nay? Started it last night, only like 20 minutes in. Seems somewhat interesting. That blonde chick is super hot.

I loved the first season.  Not sure how I feel about the second.  I loved some of it and hated some of it and was confused about a bunch of it. lol.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Getting back into Lucifer, started season 3 a few days ago (I had a backlog when it was airing weekly back then and deleted from the DVR, thought I'd catch it when it was on Netflix).  So, as we all know Netflix bought the show after Fox cancelled it and released a 10 episode fourth season.  

Question, how is the show now that Netflix took it over?  Is it better, worse, about the same?  More violent?  Etc.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Question, how is the show now that Netflix took it over?  Is it better, worse, about the same?  More violent?  Etc.

It is not worse at all. Can't wait for season 5 (fingers crossed that there is one). :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Getting back into Lucifer, started season 3 a few days ago (I had a backlog when it was airing weekly back then and deleted from the DVR, thought I'd catch it when it was on Netflix).  So, as we all know Netflix bought the show after Fox cancelled it and released a 10 episode fourth season.  

More concise story. I don't think the storyline they used for season 4, would've happened if the show was still on Fox.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Season four is great so far. I think I am on the fifth episode. I've loved this show since its inception. 

Speaking of Lucifer. 

it is one of my guilty pleasures, but i did have to adjust to the campiness for the first couple of episodes.  season 4 is great, though it ends in such a way that it could work either as a series finale or just a season finale.

• Like 1

On May 18, 2019 at 11:05 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

One of the things I find most interesting about the Expanse is that it shows some aspects of space travel that most sci fi shows ignore.  Things like gravity being dependent on acceleration or deceleration.  Having to turn the ship around half way through a trip so you can brake until you actually stop at your destination.  They don't have magical gravity generators, light speed engines, or "Inertial dampeners" that conveniently explain away laws of physics.

• Like 2