Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Started watching "You"...it's good, although I'm not caught up in it like so many others are, I guess. I'm only two episodes into it, though. A few too many "Yeah, right' moments for my taste. But it's definitely watchable.

If anyone has been watching it, does it get better/creepier as season one goes on? Or does it stay about where it is during the first 2 episodes?

I thought the first episode was okay, I liked the concept, the talent seemed solid...  and I never went back.  😐

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

I thought the first episode was okay, I liked the concept, the talent seemed solid...  and I never went back.  😐

That was me for about 2 weeks lol..no hurry to watch episode 2. But then saw a few more "You need to watch 'You', it's so creepy" comments online (not to me, but to others), so I went and watched episode 2. It was about like episode one, maybe a little funnier and I guess had a twist of sorts, maybe. haven't rushed to watch episode 3.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That was me for about 2 weeks lol..no hurry to watch episode 2. But then saw a few more "You need to watch 'You', it's so creepy" comments online (not to me, but to others), so I went and watched episode 2. It was about like episode one, maybe a little funnier and I guess had a twist of sorts, maybe. haven't rushed to watch episode 3.

PIlot episodes can be kind of flat. Maybe I should give it another shot. I think for me if a show doesn't hook me in 15 minutes I'm out. 

1 hour ago, dchogs said:

DH in the hizzy!

Mr. Robot's first season was awesome.  Haven't jumped into the 2nd season yet.

Hey brother! I haven't forgotten about you 🙂 We metup at a tailgate (was it Arizona)?

Yeah, my wife and I are closing in on season 1. She tells me only 3 seasons total. But I'm glad I gave it a chance....

14 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Hey brother! I haven't forgotten about you 🙂 We metup at a tailgate (was it Arizona)?

Yeah, my wife and I are closing in on season 1. She tells me only 3 seasons total. But I'm glad I gave it a chance....

damn, that was an age ago, but you're absolutely correct.  fun times!  hope you're well, amigo!

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It started out slow, imo, but the wife and I binged watched it in two days.  Push through, it gets a lot better and starts flowing, especially when you get into episode 4-5+.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chew said:

Finished Umbrella Academy.  Holy Toledo, it was so good.  I'm having withdrawals and I'm going to lose my **** if they don't renew it for a season 2.  

I really enjoyed the show, especially the quirks that each character "hero" has. Klaus, the Junkie, was the best, and Mary J Blige, freaking rocked it.

14 hours ago, Chew said:

5 episodes into Netflix's Sex Education.

I kept skipping this one, until I read your take. Pretty funny, the opening scene of episode one may have been enough to hook me. I honestly didn't recognize Gillian Anderson at first (blonde hair), but damn, she is smokin.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I really enjoyed the show, especially the quirks that each character "hero" has. Klaus, the Junkie, was the best, and Mary J Blige, freaking rocked it.

I kept skipping this one, until I read your take. Pretty funny, the opening scene of episode one may have been enough to hook me. I honestly didn't recognize Gillian Anderson at first (blonde hair), but damn, she is smokin.

Agreed, I thought Mary J was solid.  I really liked her partner, too.  The casting across the board for TUA was perfect.  Great show and I'm confident they'll renew

Spoiler

they'd better, because I can't die and not no what happened with that cliffhanger ending. 

It took about two episodes for Sex Education to get going, but once things settled in, the story moved along quite nicely.  Lots of laughs and uncomfortable situations which is what high school was all about LOL.  Gillian was indeed smokin', goodness gracious.  I've been a big fan of Asa Buttas Since "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas," he was like 8 years old in that LOL. 

We finished Sex Education last night and we're on the hunt for what to binge next...any suggestions? 

11 minutes ago, Chew said:
  Reveal hidden contents

they'd better, because I can't die and not no what happened with that cliffhanger ending. 

We finished Sex Education last night and we're on the hunt for what to binge next...any suggestions? 

If you haven't seen Happy! on Netflix, you may like that one. It's only 8 episodes, but season 2 comes out in March.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Agreed, I thought Mary J was solid.  I really liked her partner, too.  The casting across the board for TUA was perfect.  Great show and I'm confident they'll renew

Reveal hidden contents

It took about two episodes for Sex Education to get going, but once things settled in, the story moved along quite nicely.  Lots of laughs and uncomfortable situations which is what high school was all about LOL.  Gillian was indeed smokin', goodness gracious.  I've been a big fan of Asa Buttas Since "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas," he was like 8 years old in that LOL. 

I enjoyed Russian Doll.  It's kinda like Ground Hog Day ****ed Happy Death Day and had a baby which provided some twists later in the show, tossed in some cool changes to that typical format so to speak.  You can binge it easily in a weekend.  

As mentioned in here and in the RTT, you really should watch The Blacklist, it's ****ing awesome, I'm almost done with season 2.  

@Chew Also, I mentioned it in here a while back, on Netflix give The Last OG a shot, I enjoyed that as well.  Has Tracy Morgan and Tiffany Haddish in it.  Another one you can binge in one night/day easily as the episodes are only 30 minutes.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, Yohan said:

If you haven't seen Happy! on Netflix, you may like that one. It's only 8 episodes, but season 2 comes out in March.

Haha, I'll have to check that out, the trailer (when you hover over a show in the Netflix list) looked hilarious.  I remember that main character dude from Oz

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I enjoyed Russian Doll.  It's kinda like Ground Hog Day ****ed Happy Death Day and had a baby which provided some twists later in the show, tossed in some cool changes to that typical format so to speak.  You can binge it easily in a weekend.  

As mentioned in here and in the RTT, you really should watch The Blacklist, it's ****ing awesome, I'm almost done with season 2.  

@Chew Also, I mentioned it in here a while back, on Netflix give The Last OG a shot, I enjoyed that as well.  Has Tracy Morgan and Tiffany Haddish in it.  Another one you can binge in one night/day easily as the episodes are only 30 minutes.

Tossed Russian Doll into the queue, we'll check that out as well. 

I'm kind of snooty when it comes to network dramas, but I keep hearing great things about Blacklist.  I love me some James Spader so I should probably start watching.

Glad you liked Last OG, is pretty chill.  I like the flashbacks. 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, Cooked Crack said:

My Husband's Penis Won't Fit

Has my wife hacked your account??

Edited by Chew
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

This isn't a series, but "Abducted In Plain Sight" is ****ing nuts...I can barely process it lol. Just bizarre and surreal as hell. Not sure if it was mentioned already.

Heard about it... don't  know if I can watch it. I watched an ID show few years ago that seemed to follow along those lines of "Parents that don't give a ****" and it literally scarred me, it was so  brutal.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Heard about it... do t know if I can watch it. I watched an ID show few years ago that seemed to follow along those lines of "Parents that don't give a ****" and it literally scarred me, it was so  brutal.

This one isn't brutal (well, not in the way I think you're meaning)...it's just flat-out bizarre. There are several moments where you go "Wait.......WHAT?!?!?!?" lol...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chew said:

Tossed Russian Doll into the queue, we'll check that out as well. 

I'm kind of snooty when it comes to network dramas, but I keep hearing great things about Blacklist.  I love me some James Spader so I should probably start watching.

Glad you liked Last OG, is pretty chill.  I like the flashbacks. 

Bruh, Blacklist is close to the level of Breaking Bad, imo.  Very well written and again, James Spader.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

Yaaaasssss!!!! The cast (so far) does not seem to thrill me like the previous squad but I won't complain yet. Gimme gimme Penny Dread.

Yeah I'm not all that familiar with everyone outside of Dormer, but then again, I wasn't a big fan of Hartnett and Dalton before watching the first incarnation of this show either, and I thought they were magnificent, along with the guy that played Frankenstein's monster.

I'll give it a chance.

Finally finished The Haunting of Hill House . I enjoyed it, but damn if it wasn't depressing as hell. Definitely not what a lot of people signed up for probably, given the time it was released, and the imagery/title, but it was right up my alley. Just need to decompress lol.

• Like 3