Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Wife and I binged the show You (on Netflix) this past Sunday/Monday.  It had been popping up on those recommended shows/movies when you launch the app and their trending now bar.  She had to go to the store, told me to stop Punisher season 2.  I was bored, gave it a shot, next thing I know we are hooked and on episode 4.

It's a psychological thriller about a book store worker that becomes obsessed with a woman (inspiring writer) that comes in the store.  He is so obsessed, he starts watching her and inserts himself into her life.  What transpires later is just crazy, creepy, etc.  Very good show, imo.  First episode or two started slow, enough to make you think where the show was going but leaving you wondering too.  

The season finale ending/cliffhanger was great, setting up what should be a great season 2 later in the year.

• Like 1

The funny thing is no one hardly watched You on Lifetime. Netflix picks it up and now 40mil have reportedly streamed it.

Greg Berlanti (of Dawson's Creek, Riverdale, Sabrina, Brothers & Sisters name) co-created it so it should have been seen even on Lifetime. I read a story about it the other day and now I'll probably add it to my queue. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, Warhead36 said:

Punisher Season 2 is out.

From the posts that came along after this one, I may be the only one NOT digging season 2. The direction this show has gone since the Daredevil/Punisher season just doesn't feel like the comic book version of the character and his life. I'm not even enjoying Bernthal's portrayal of the character.

I just finished episode 6. Hopefully it gets better (for me) from here.

Edited by Chachie

On 1/23/2019 at 12:55 PM, Chachie said:

From the posts that came along after this one, I may be the only one NOT digging season 2. The direction this show has gone since the Daredevil/Punisher season just doesn't feel like the comic book version of the character and his life. I'm not even enjoying Bernthal's portrayal of the character.

I just finished episode 6. Hopefully it gets better (for me) from here.

I think you will like the ending/surprise and you might as well just finish it since you are half in anyways. 

The premise of season 2 was to show the Punisher's caring side by having this 16 years old in it from what I read the writers wanted. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zskins said:

I think you will like the ending/surprise and you might as well just finish it since you are half in anyways. 

The premise of season 2 was to show the Punisher's caring side by having this 16 years old in it from what I read the writers wanted. 

I liked the John Pilgrim (Preacher) character. He is original to the show, but perhaps a little to much like the Punisher, when the show already had Billy Russo. I liked the dimension that the girl brought to the Punisher. (I thought the ending was predictable). It is still worth it to finish it.

9 hours ago, zskins said:

31 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I liked the John Pilgrim (Preacher) character. He is original to the show, but perhaps a little to much like the Punisher, when the show already had Billy Russo. I liked the dimension that the girl brought to the Punisher. (I thought the ending was predictable). It is still worth it to finish it.

@zskins Thanks, I will finish this out.

@Yohan I'm really annoyed by Billy Russo/Jigsaw so far this season. The guy is overacting and it's driving me crazy.  😄

1 hour ago, Yohan said:

I have finished season 2.  I didn't care for have both Billy Russo and the Preacher.  It felt like competing story lines.  The rest I will put in a spoiler.

Spoiler

I get the ending with Billy Russo and the Punisher killing him.  The whole "he doesn't remember but still acts like an evil dude because that's what he is" was good for character development but I think they could have done it better.  I'm just glad Russo is dead.  Wish they had killed him off earlier to focus more on the other story line.  Having him just stumble around about to die for a while was wasted time.  Just have been a small battle between the two in the middle of the season and had Russo die then.  But whatever, I never expected award winning plot lines in a show like that anyways.  And I did like the ending.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Peaky Blinders

Peaky 'Fooking' Blinders!

Check it out, best show out right now. Use subtitles if needed (makes it easier) 

Netflix crushes it again with this one

Interesting...this was recommended to me last year and I actually forced myself to get through a season, but it was just too heavy and slow for me. 

29 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone watching Deadly Class? The first two eps have been wild (and I've read the source material it's based on). Can't believe SyFy is putting out this show and allowing it to be this good. 

I'm seeing a lot of cyber-love for this show. I'll have to dive in this weekend.

23 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I'm seeing a lot of cyber-love for this show. I'll have to dive in this weekend.

The comic is better but I've accepted that a true adaptation of this type of material isn't doable. Even so, having the author (Rich Remender) as part of the TV show production has helped. Plus the 80s mostly punk soundtrack is badass

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Forehead said:

Wife and I are two episodes in to Sex Education.  It's really funny, though definitely not something you want on if you have kids up and about.

I just finished that show up yesterday.  It is pretty funny and Gillian Anderson still has it.  After watching the X-Files years ago, it's nice to see her in a completely different role.  I don't know if you watched The Fall (used to be on Netflix), but she's a detective in that show, but super slutty.