stoney26

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

Recommended Posts

On 12/16/2018 at 11:11 AM, Warhead36 said:

Finished Sabrina yesterday. Very good first season although I could do without some of the teen angst crap.

I liked it, too, though in fairness, she IS a teenager (kinda comes with territory, i think : ) they really made up for it in my mind with just how dark it was willing to go.

 

Every iteration of this character ive either seen or read about had that struggle for balance as a core issue.  

 

i hope it gets nominated for some of the makeup effects or something.  I also have to contain myself with fact Jaz Sinclair is playing someone underage, not fair Netflix, not fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's watching Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?  Any thoughts?

 

I hear it's a musical and...outside of the Blues Brothers, I hate musicals.  Something about spontaneously bursting into song and dance to advance a storyline irritates the **** out of me.  So if it's like one song an episode, I can handle it.  Anything past that, I can't deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 5:00 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Who's watching Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?  Any thoughts?

 

I hear it's a musical and...outside of the Blues Brothers, I hate musicals.  Something about spontaneously bursting into song and dance to advance a storyline irritates the **** out of me.  So if it's like one song an episode, I can handle it.  Anything past that, I can't deal.

Who said it was a musical?  It's about a woman who goes into stand-up comedy in the 1960s.  There are zero song-and-dance routines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Orville started out with a thud. Very kitchy, and pretty dull. Previews for upcoming episodes gave me some hope for the season though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

The Orville started out with a thud. Very kitchy, and pretty dull. Previews for upcoming episodes gave me some hope for the season though. 

I agree. 

The whole party to watch him pee would be a cute sub plot but not the centerpiece of the whole episode.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't the greatest episode, but you take the good with the 'meh' with a show like that.  And it wasn't Sub Rosa, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

The Orville started out with a thud. Very kitchy, and pretty dull. Previews for upcoming episodes gave me some hope for the season though. 

That episode probably was they one they held over from Season 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I came into this thread to pump The Orville. 

 

Yeah, their "primary mission" was a joke. Literally. But then I don't think that's really what the episode was about. It was about relationships and dating and shipboard life. I liked that. No big, monumental, Galaxy-saving mission. Just commentary about relationships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

That episode probably was they one they held over from Season 1.

I read that the hold-over from season 1 is the one this Thursday.

 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Hey, I came into this thread to pump The Orville. 

 

Yeah, their "primary mission" was a joke. Literally. But then I don't think that's really what the episode was about. It was about relationships and dating and shipboard life. I liked that. No big, monumental, Galaxy-saving mission. Just commentary about relationships. 

That sounds about right.  I think the episode was really attempting to re-establish the characters and their relationships for the new season.  As for the primary mission, that was call-back to Amok Time, which was the first episode of the second season of TOS.

Edited by PokerPacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I just noticed that the robot's name is Isaac. (As in Asimov.). 

 

(Yeah, sometimes I'm dense.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catching up on Outlander yesterday (with some of my family, because my mom has read some of the books,) and season two is pretty interesting.  There’s a lot of political intrigue so far (5 episodes in).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i finished season 1 of Killing Eve on BBC America. Not sure how I missed it when it first came on, but its on of the more entertaining new shows I've watched. I love the amount of genuine laughs they generate, despite the subject matter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, visionary said:

Catching up on Outlander yesterday (with some of my family, because my mom has read some of the books,) and season two is pretty interesting.  There’s a lot of political intrigue so far (5 episodes in).

 

Welcome aboard Team Outlander.  :)

 

season 4 is about to end and its really really good.  Caitriona Balfe is amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Not really a "show" but Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is awesome.

 

without the interactive hook, I don't think I would have been interested at all in the storyline, but they got me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 3:05 PM, PokerPacker said:

Who said it was a musical?  It's about a woman who goes into stand-up comedy in the 1960s.  There are zero song-and-dance routines.

 

Some friend of a friend.  Maybe I misunderstood her, but I don't think I did.  I've been watching it, it's great.  The music is great, too.  But certainly not a musical.  I really like the lead actress Rachel Brosnahan, Tony Shahloub is great too.  Alex Borstein's character is the funniest one on the show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I just saw somewhere that there's a new season of Luther that just started?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished House of Cards.. (cough) weak (cough)  Show lost it's edge when it lost Spacey, unfortunately.. 

 

Mrs Maisel.. Said it before, season one was better done and funnier, imo, than Im dying up here.. I can't wait for season 2.. But yea, they do dance and sing. Usually just a few bars and tolerable, but it happens. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally watching Schitts Creek, halfway through S1.  Pretty funny.  Didn't know the son was Levy's real-life kid.  Good to see Chris Elliot, he's a funny dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TK said:

Thought I just saw somewhere that there's a new season of Luther that just started?

 

S3 just hit Netflix. S4 which will only be on Netflix is TBD. 

 

 

Edit...and dangit I just realized you typed Luther and not Lucifer. S5 of Luther is in production I believe.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

 

S3 just hit Netflix. S4 which will only be on Netflix is TBD. 

 

 

Edit...and dangit I just realized you typed Luther and not Lucifer. S5 of Luther is in production I believe.

BBC has a trailer up for Luther S5

 

 

 

 

Looks like it premiered tonight on BBC & is a short 4 show season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.