Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, Isifhan said:

If folks have HULU Handmaid's Tale is awesome. Wife and I have been watching over the past week or so. I'm a sucker for that dystopian type of setting. 

You may want to try out "1983" on Netflix. I binged the first 6 episodes yesterday and I'm liking it.

It's a polish show and it's basically, "what if the cold war never ended and a huge conspiracy totally messed with the lives of many polish children?"

On 11/19/2018 at 1:05 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Patriot season two (and season one) is transcendent television.  God Almighty it's good.  A master class in screenwriting.  Mesmerizing performances from everyone involved.  Painfully funny black comedy mixed with heartbreaking tragedy.  And beautifully shot.  It's a magnificent work of art.  Steven Conrad made a masterpiece.

Network?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, visionary said:

Patriot is on Amazon, I think.

Speaking of Amazon, the show "Homecoming" is excellent. Intriguing mystery, satisfying twists and reveals, beautifully shot. Just finished the whole season last night. Haven't been this thoroughly satisfied with a singular season of  television in a long time. Great stuff

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Jeff Ross, Dave Attel, Bumpin' Mics on Netflix.  Hysterical.

Caught it last week. Absolutely hysterical.  

Looks like a Russell Brand stand up just dropped on Netflix as well. And the next season of The Ranch drops Friday.

7 hours ago, TK said:

Caught it last week. Absolutely hysterical.  

Looks like a Russell Brand stand up just dropped on Netflix as well. And the next season of The Ranch drops Friday.

I watched Russell Brand last night and it was pretty good.  But sometimes that accent is too much and I couldn't understand what he was saying.  

Then I watched Bumpin' Mics again :) Attell carries that show.  I like Ross but Attell's one liners and comebacks are devastating.  

12 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It’s after midnight and I tried to start The Ranch part 6 on Netflix and it’s not available. WTF?

isn't Elisha Cuthbert in The Ranch?  Think I'm gonna start watching just because of her, though I've heard it's pretty funny

• Like 1

Powered through The Ranch Part 6 yesterday, thought it was still pretty good despite Danny Masterson not being in it.  I liked the addition of Dax Shepard to the cast.

Spoiler

I'm hoping that Luke will still be part of the show when the next part is released, with the way it ended with him and Mary talking about going to California, makes me wonder if they both will not be back or only gone temporarily.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:06 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It’s after midnight and I tried to start The Ranch part 6 on Netflix and it’s not available. WTF?

Netflix uses midnight on the West Coast so it’s 3am here for us. 

Anyone check out Little Drummer Girl? It's a miniseries from AMC. It's like Munich meets Night Manager. In about half way on the first part and liking it so far. It's streaming on AMC with commercials for the next month so no cable needed.

Edited by Cooked Crack

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Anyone check out Little Drummer Girl? It's a miniseries from AMC. It's like Munich meets Night Manager. In about half way on the first part and liking it so far. It's streaming on AMC with commercials for the next month so no cable needed.

Watched the first (2+ hours) episode.. Like the story but the way they jump around to future/dream/whatever didn't really do it for me. Just show me the thing in present time, I'll figure it out.. lol Once Im done with the other shows, that go/went on fall break, I'll probably go back to it. 

22 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Watched the first (2+ hours) episode.. Like the story but the way they jump around to future/dream/whatever didn't really do it for me. Just show me the thing in present time, I'll figure it out.. lol Once Im done with the other shows, that go/went on fall break, I'll probably go back to it. 

Yeah the 1st part is a little jumbled but it gets linear for the last 2 parts. Still recommend but AMCs format of combining 2 episodes for the American audience sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Binged on the plane ride The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina to and from DC from SFO this past week.

Loved that first season. Definitely recommend...and praise satan did those young ladies kill it during that first season. 👹

There's a Christmas episode of that dropping on Friday: 12/14.

They are filming Season 2 now.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 3:03 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Powered through The Ranch Part 6 yesterday, thought it was still pretty good despite Danny Masterson not being in it.  I liked the addition of Dax Shepard to the cast.

I liked the addition of Dax Shepard as well, plus Sam Elliot just kills it.

For those that recommended Patriot...thanks! I thought this was some sort of take on Mel Gibsons revolutionary war movie, so I didn't look into it.

Halfway through season two of Sick note, I like it.  It moves along really quickly, which I like. It's a quick, easy watch.  Not too deep, don't have to always pay close attention.   And I like shows with 30 minutes episodes so you don't feel stuck to the for 45 mins to an hour. 

Don Johnson is money :rofl89:

• Like 1