Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Been watching Wolves and Warriors on Animal Planet recently. It's an up-lifting show about a Wolf Sanctuary that has former military veterans working there to help rescue and care for wolves, while the wolves help them heal, deal with their PTSD, and readjust to civilian life. It's pretty cool so far.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, visionary said:

Wow, didn't know about this!

Also started up on Into The Badlands S3. And you were right.... while good so far  (I'm on ep 3) there is a ton of faction-y stuff going on, almost hard to keep up. It is about time though that we got some questions answered  about that ancient city/prophecy and the Dark Ones. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 9/26/2018 at 10:55 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah maybe. I thought they dismissed a lot of the mysteries from the previous series too easily. But overall I'll watch it because Ferraris, Hawaii, and whatever is usually a winner for me. I just don't understand why everyone is a skilled supersoldier in these shows. 

Hawaii - Naval base. I'd say that's why.

5-0- McGarrett & the new kid were Navy. Chi McBride's character was Chicago SWAT. Danny, well he's just a dude from Jersey. :ols:

21 hours ago, TK said:

Hawaii - Naval base. I'd say that's why.

5-0- McGarrett & the new kid were Navy. Chi McBride's character was Chicago SWAT. Danny, well he's just a dude from Jersey. :ols:

But does the lady Higgins have to be MI6 too? And they just blew through the whole Higgins is Robin Masters storyline that the original kept alive for 8 seasons.

I stopped watching 5-0 after S2. Maybe I should go back since I can stomach the Macguyver reboot and it's awfulness (it's still entertaining).

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just finished Season 2 of Atypical, pretty solid.  It's a show about a family with an autistic kid and, as much as they love him, it shows how much the stress and constant attention take a toll.  It's a "light" watch, not too heavy on the feels and the 35 min episodes go by pretty quick.  Dramatic and funny enough to hold your interest but not too emotionally draining. 

Add Jennifer Jason Leigh to the list of 50-somethings I wanna do weird things to.  She's hot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, I did it.  It took a few months but I did it.  Finally made it all the way through Dynasty.  All 9 seasons....wow, I just looked it up, 220 episodes.  I'll never get that time back.  But man, bad 80s TV is just so damn good.

Have you slapped anyone today? 

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Have you slapped anyone today? 

:ols: Oh man, so much slapping in that show.  And the fights were hysterical, they're like really really bad WWE style fights where, if they're in a room, the WHOLE ROOM gets destroyed in the process.  No furniture is safe.  Oh, there's a pool nearby?  Yep, they're definitely going to end up in there.  Mud fight with Fallon and Sammy Jo?  You bet.  

• Haha 2

Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) is the writing (and film making) equivalent of alchemy.  I’m a horror fan that has read the book and seen the movies... and they’re hot garbage.  Over rated garbage that people read and play lip service to because it’s considered a classic (for the genre).  Mike Flanagan delivered a great ghost story to enjoy in October.  I recommend it.

Related, but not really: I feel like the older I get the better looking Carla Gugino gets.  That’s not how aging is supposed to work.  Kind of creepy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Romanoffs is pretty much as brilliant as you'd expect but it's not as good as Mad Men was.  I'm not sure I love the Black Mirror style short story format for dramatic television series.  I'm also losing my patience for the weak and disappointing male characters of Matthew Weiner's work.  The relentless parade of failed masculinity in our society is getting really odious.  It makes a brilliant work of art hard to view.

• Like 1

Finished Ozark S02.. ? I didn't love it nearly as much as some. Hard to criticize it here though, w/o giving away story lines and spoilers.. I'm still gonna be looking forward to season 3, but it lost a little something this season, imo..  "Drive!!".. ? lol Please.. 

Oh, didn't see it mentioned but "The Deuce" is back too!! (I think 6 episodes so far) Haven't started watching yet, but looking forward to it!! 

Edited by GoDeep81

I just watched two old HBO series that I heard good things about but had never seen.  I finished The Wire, and I'm on the last season of Sopranos.  I enjoyed them both a lot.  Interesting characters, good drama, and understated humor.  I would recommend them to those who enjoy crime dramas.

• Like 2

The Innocents on Netflix was surprisingly good.  A young girl has a rare genetic condition where she can shapeshift, it traces back to Norwegian women.  Guy Pierce is the doctor trying to help her, and the girl & her boyfriend are on the run as bad guys are after them. 

We powered through Masters of None in about 3 days.  It's pretty good, I get the hype behind it.  The Italian girl that Ansari dates is absolutely gorg.  Wowza. 

• Like 1

To the Doctor Who fans here, just wondering your early thoughts on Jodie Whittaker? Like her or hate her?

I like her. I think she has potential to be one of the better Doctors,  it will depend on the writing. It's been uneven so far. 2 out if the first 3 episodes were good.

They seem to be taking a slow burn with her, in fleshing out her doctor.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:17 PM, Destino said:

Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) is the writing (and film making) equivalent of alchemy.  I’m a horror fan that has read the book and seen the movies... and they’re hot garbage.  Over rated garbage that people read and play lip service to because it’s considered a classic (for the genre).  Mike Flanagan delivered a great ghost story to enjoy in October.  I recommend it.

Related, but not really: I feel like the older I get the better looking Carla Gugino gets.  That’s not how aging is supposed to work.  Kind of creepy.

I'm halfway through and excited for the final 5 episodes. I never read the book, so just taking this series at face value. Was that 90s/00s movie with Owen Wilson and Catherine Zeta Jones a derivation of this same book? 

Also, Carla Gugino is hot. They did something with her eyes in this series though...they are mesmerizing. I also like the actress who plays Theo. 

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Was that 90s/00s movie with Owen Wilson and Catherine Zeta Jones a derivation of this same book? 

Yes.  It stayed closer to the book.  This show borrowed character names and the setting, but told a completely different story.  Glad to read someone else is watching it, because it’s fantastic.

Also, Carla Gugino is hot. They did something with her eyes in this series though...they are mesmerizing. I also like the actress who plays Theo. 

Agreed.  

• Thanks 1